Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why I donated $630 to this site

My little pwny

Happy you didn't kill yourself.

You deserve all the brohoofs in all of equestria.

MLP: FiM is an amazing show, if I were you, I would thank Lauren Faust for sprinkling her magic all over MLP.

She is amazing. :wub:

Edited by ~Wubs~

This story has made me incredibly sad, happy, and proud all at the same time. Thanks for sharing your story with us, it was very compelling. Firstly, it overjoys me to no end that a simple show and its fan base has the amazing power to save somebody, we should all be proud of that. Secondly, I think I speak for everybody when I say thank you for supporting the forum, this forum means a lot to many people. Thirdly I want you to know sir, I am now rooting for you and all your future endeavors, not because of pity or because I found your story sad (which I did) I’m rooting for you because with the help of MLP and this forum you dragged yourself out of a very dark and lonely place, one that I couldn’t even begin to imagine, and that is commendable.

Edited by Flying Whales

mate, i have to thank you for the time and effort you put into writing this. life is hard, really hard, i know from first hand experience, i was like you. to donate a large sum of money, thats more than any of us could do and for that, i take my hat to you in respect, I am glad that you turned your life around. this world is corrupt, this i know too, but there is still some good in it. On behalf of me and every other brony, we thank you so much for your kindness. grazie, arrivederci

There is absolutely nothing I can say that expresses my feels right now. All I can think of is how much my own views have changed as well. I used to despise bronies because I didn't understand them. Hell, I barely understand them now! But anyways, have a picture of Dash playing with her tail.

Posted Image

• Brohoof 1

Holy shit, damn do I have a similar story, though nowhere near as extreme. I definitely was feeling very depressed up until this Thursday, when for the first time I watched mlp. The show, along with the community have turned this depression I have had for about a year now totally around. I've only been a fan for like three days. However, they have been the best days I have had in forever. The show really can improve one's attitude.

• Brohoof 3

• 2 weeks later...

the thoughts they never do go away do they huh? you feel it creeping inside like it going to get out but it's just you in the end :/ I feel your pain everyday sadly an I know how it feels to be alone I feel it everyday. my mind it's like dream one moment then the next it's nothing but horrier an pain-__- sadly as I was saying I feel your pain an thanks for telling your story.

• 7 months later...

As someone who at a few low points in my own life contemplated suicide I know that it can be difficult to bring yourself back from the brink and I am glad that you did. While my story of discovering ponies isn't quite as dramatic as yours as I didn't contemplate suicide at the time like you it did bring me some happiness, I was angry and bitter about the way my life turned out and was extremely angry and depressed. While I am still struggling through these issues ponies has helped bring me some happiness and reminded me that life isn't all bad, so it hasn't really solved all my problem but it has made things a bit better by helping me keep things in perspective while I try to get my life back together.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

A contrary to you, I hope that donations remain unknown (only self and the site's webmaster to know) while still having the privilege of changing Member Title anytime -- yes, MINUS the golden username. Is this possible to be done?

I am asking this to @Feld0 or any other Admins.

(edited)

Your'e not alone mate. The show changed the way I thought, its the same for many of us, you deserve a sticker and a pat on the back (where I'm from its worth a lot) but anyways... we bronies and pegasisters are always ere to keep you up :D although we are miles apart we still got eachothers backs. 

Here take a brohoof! don't take too many, I only have a limited amount of hooves to give out :)

/) /) /) /) /) /) /) /) /) /) /) /) /) /) /) /) /) /) /) /) /) /) /) /) /) 

Edited by SwigglySwiggly
  • Brohoof 3

This literately brought tears to my eyes sad.png

It just goes to show how dedicated and how genuine your love for the show and the community. I don't think I could have committed suicide. Keep on living life it it's fullest their are many wonders life has to offer! laugh.png

• Brohoof 2

Wow sad.png  this seriously brought tears to my eyes...And to think that a show featuring pastel colored pony's could do SO much to help and comfort people in their time of need is truly inspiring.

• Brohoof 1

I remember reading this before I even joined the forum. It's amazing what MLP has done for people. It's one thing for a show to make people happy, but to also save one's life.. wow. Your story is one of the most heartfelt things I have ever read. I'm really glad you decided to stay alive, and that you're happy to be you. Not sure when you'll see this (I saw your other thread about your two year mission), but I hope things are going well for you :)

• Brohoof 1

You are inspiring. *big hugs* And when I have the ability to donate from some of my commission work I am gladly doing so as well! This place is wonderful. 

• Brohoof 1

I've never read anything online that made me think so deeply. You're story amazed me. I am lucky enough to have avoided depression but really, this story was so emotional. It's strange to think that a 'little girl's show' has turned out to be a lifesaver. happy.png

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Best thread on this site, period.

This is a truly amazing story, it shows that MLP is strong enough to bring a person who is set on death, who has written their will and planned everything, out of their descision. Bronies Forever! :D

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

I don't want to say anything upsetting, but I can relate to this sort of. I went to a school from 5th to part of 6th grade where the teachers were very verbally abusive and to make matters worse, verbally said to my parents they thought they abused me. This hurt me very much, and I had no friends there either cause the teachers there kind of painted me as a bad person, like all I knew how to do is cause trouble. Honestly, during that time, I'm suprised the Indiana State Police or the Carmel Police weren't knocking at my door for abuse reports thanks to that freaking school.

Another bad thing that happened was around August 2008 when I was banned from a message board for a supposed denial of service attack. It was a forum where I had many friends at. I grew very depressed after this, along with the school issue a few years ago, and ended up in the hospital two times for depression. One time, I even threatened suicide. I have let go of the message board incident, but once a member on this site (Lord Bababa) invited me here, I realized the Internet wasn't full of jerks and there were nice people on the internet. I think it's improved my social skills in real life too.

I would donate if I could, but I'm currently unemployed so I don't have much money, but I love you guys so much. :)

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

Lol who brought this thread back to the living? 

Anyway, I hope the guy comes back soon. 2014 is a loooonnngggg time away, you know.

• Brohoof 1

I'm really happy for you; that this community saved your life. This is a very happy community and I actually wouldn't be surprised that it saved your life.

Thank you and you're welcome.

• Brohoof 1