Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are you attracted to ponies? (platonic attraction)

Lady Rarity Pony

355 users have voted

1. 1. Are you attracted to ponies? (platonic)

• Yes
    • No
    • Not Sure

I don't mean to interfere, but he spelled Rainbow Dash wrong.

That can only turn out to be awkward, in a funny way.

What I meant was how Equestria is populated by creatures we often ascribe to our own mythology instead of something completely alien like you'd expect from a (seemingly) unrelated alternate dimension. It's not the point of the story but it IS the lure that draws the hero into the greater events of the narrative.

Honestly, I'd take either one ;)

I like your way of thinking.

What I meant was how Equestria is populated by creatures we often ascribe to our own mythology instead of something completely alien like you'd expect from a (seemingly) unrelated alternate dimension. It's not the point of the story but it IS the lure that draws the hero into the greater events of the narrative.

I stand by my last statement.

• Brohoof 2

I like your way of thinking.

I stand by my last statement.

Okie dokie lokie, if you find it funny then I'll have failed horribly because it's not meant to be a joke. (Which I'm expecting to anyway since it's my first work so I guess it's all good.)

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

Not in a sexual way.

I find ponies very cute, and I've become somewhat emotionally attracted to Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy, but I get like that with a lot of fictional characters.

The art style is fantastic IMHO, and that definatley scores the characters points in the cuteness department, but I wouldn't call them 'Attractive'.

Meh, If I was a cartoon colt myself I would maybe think differently, but being a human I would say no, I am not attracted to ponies physically. They are great characters though

Edited by Eljordo

Not in a sexual way.

I find ponies very cute, and I've become somewhat emotionally attracted to Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy, but I get like that with a lot of fictional characters.

The art style is fantastic IMHO, and that definatley scores the characters points in the cuteness department, but I wouldn't call them 'Attractive'.

Meh, If I was a cartoon colt myself I would maybe think differently, but being a human I would say no, I am not attracted to ponies physically. They are great characters though

I kind of get what it is you are saying. The way I am "attracted" to Rainbow Dash now, is a little different than the way I was "attracted" to her about a month ago.

I guess what you can say, is that I have sort of "calmed down" in my emotion for her. She used to be almost the only thing on my mind, simply because I thought she was flipping gorgeous. If you are wondering how I could think that, I have mentioned before that I have this so called "talent" or "ability" to where I can visualize these ponies (almost any character for this matter) as to what they would look like as human. The personalities the ponies have help immensely with my "visualization", considering I can piece together what I have seen into a specific category.

I kind of get what it is you are saying. The way I am "attracted" to Rainbow Dash now, is a little different than the way I was "attracted" to her about a month ago.

I guess what you can say, is that I have sort of "calmed down" in my emotion for her. She used to be almost the only thing on my mind, simply because I thought she was flipping gorgeous. If you are wondering how I could think that, I have mentioned before that I have this so called "talent" or "ability" to where I can visualize these ponies (almost any character for this matter) as to what they would look like as human. The personalities the ponies have help immensely with my "visualization", considering I can piece together what I have seen into a specific category.

I get what your saying. I think about Rainbow Dash all the time, but more out of admiration than anything else. It's very easy to grow attached to fictional characters, especially if they have respectable traits and feats. Like I said, I am emotionally attracted to these characters, but that's it.

And let's be honest, I think everyone has had a cartoon crush at one point in they're lives :P Not necessarily with ponies (I've never had a physical crush on a mlp character) but with some sort of fictional character. I know when I was growing up, I had a huge crush on rogue from the x-men cartoon :P

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

fluttershy, rainbow dash and applebloom. lol i can't get enough lol

I get what your saying. I think about Rainbow Dash all the time, but more out of admiration than anything else. It's very easy to grow attached to fictional characters, especially if they have respectable traits and feats. Like I said, I am emotionally attracted to these characters, but that's it.

And let's be honest, I think everyone has had a cartoon crush at one point in they're lives :P Not necessarily with ponies (I've never had a physical crush on a mlp character) but with some sort of fictional character. I know when I was growing up, I had a huge crush on rogue from the x-men cartoon :P

i dont even liek RD that much as a pony i find her narcissistic. but gosh if she isn't the most gorgeous pony ever. i always have some mental image of her in my head. lol im head over hoofs for her

sakarua from naruto. that was my dream girl in my early teens.

ps why is the last couple of lines highlighted lol

Edited by Scarfy HOOVES
  • Brohoof 2

fluttershy, rainbow dash and applebloom. lol i can't get enough lol

i dont even liek RD that much as a pony i find her narcissistic. but gosh if she isn't the most gorgeous pony ever. i always have some mental image of her in my head. lol im head over hoofs for her

sakarua from naruto. that was my dream girl in my early teens.

ps why is the last couple of lines highlighted lol

You know, I honestly thought you were "head over hoofs" for Applebloom. Even though she is sort of... *ahem* young. That would kind of be pedophilic, no?

You know, I honestly thought you were "head over hoofs" for Applebloom. Even though she is sort of... *ahem* young. That would kind of be pedophilic, no?

You can see the "platonic" in the title, right?

• Brohoof 1

True true. But the pertaining theory is that the character matches a deep and personal archetype that the observing individual finds attractive. Actual . . . . physical relation, would obviously be crossing a line. On the other hoof, he just might be attracted to women that are eager, creative, social, and perhaps a bit unsatisfied with their current place in the world.

i love a bunch of ponies applebloom is totally my favorite though. but your right she is to young. we are just friends ^_^

• 3 weeks later...
(edited)

Well, that depends on your definition of non-sexual. Is it still based on looks, but the kind of areas real people can leave uncovered and still be considered modest? Is it based on personality? If in terms of personality, then I have found myself attracted to Rainbow Dash because she radiates confidence, and I like to have friends who are self-assured, sometimes even bullheaded, as I have found that these are the friends I can depend on most. I am also socially attracted to the character of Fluttershy, as she is shy and tends to show her emotions too easily, a trait which I myself possess. This makes her very relatable to me, and she seems as though she'd be the ideal friend for me. Both ponies are attractive to my eyes in parameters of a social, non-physical relationship. If in terms of looks, the only real difference is the colors, the hairstyles, the eyes, and whether the pony has a horn, wings, or neither. In these circumstances, I would have to say Rainbow Dash, Vinyl Scratch, Luna, and Fluttershy, for a number of reasons. Firstly, in the case of Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, and Luna, they are Pegasi, and I always found the wings very aesthetically pleasing. Secondly, the coloration: I love Rainbow Dash's beautiful multicolored mane and blue coat, the wonderful pink color to Fluttershy's mane (as well as the way it's styled), the dark edginess to Luna's whole color design in general (season 2 Luna, not season 1), and the nice short-cut blue mane on Vinyl Scratch, conrtasting with her white coat. (Note: whether a pony is a unicorn or not does not affect my opinion of their looks; I could care less about the horn.)Thirdly, the eyes. Rainbow Dash's eyes rarely stop radiating confidence, and I've found being near someone who looks confident can actually help make me more confident, so I personally am a sucker for self-assured, smug eyes like that. Fluttershy's eyes are by far the most expressive of the group, which makes her seem very relatable to me, as she might as well be telling you exactly what she's feeling at any time, as one look to the eye and it's a dead giveaway, something she has in common with me. Luna has a sort of intensity to her eyes, which can be quite intimidating, and theirs something about that that I like. And Vinyl Scratch's eyes are actually never seen except in fanart (some artist swear her irises are red) so there's a sort of mystery there, as if you never really know what she's thinking. I find it intriguing. I'm legitimately surprised I wrote such a winded response to such a simple topic; however, I think this was necessary to properly make my point. It was certainly interesting to take a closer look at what I like in a female's facial features, beyond just symmetry, which biology states we must like. I would like to assert, however, that I have never felt a sexual attraction to any of the ponies because, simply put, the animation style essentially prevents that, and besides that, they're ponies, and while I have no problem with anyone who is, I personally am not into that.

Edited by Nilkad_Naquadash
  • Brohoof 2

Rainbow Dash. She's a female version of me and we just click... that figures y'know? The ONE creature in the universe that's right for me doesn't exist... at least not in this dimension... yes... soon my sweet, soon.

• Brohoof 2

Yes, i feel platonic and sexual atraction to ponys. Accept or hate, i don't care.

I feel it principally to Derpy, Luna, Trixie, Octavia, Vinyl and Lyra.

Why them? Not criticizing, I'm just curious.

(edited)

Well, that depends on your definition of non-sexual. Is it still based on looks, but the kind of areas real people can leave uncovered and still be considered modest? Is it based on personality? If in terms of personality, then I have found myself attracted to Rainbow Dash because she radiates confidence, and I like to have friends who are self-assured, sometimes even bullheaded, as I have found that these are the friends I can depend on most. I am also socially attracted to the character of Fluttershy, as she is shy and tends to show her emotions too easily, a trait which I myself possess. This makes her very relatable to me, and she seems as though she'd be the ideal friend for me. Both ponies are attractive to my eyes in parameters of a social, non-physical relationship. If in terms of looks, the only real difference is the colors, the hairstyles, the eyes, and whether the pony has a horn, wings, or neither. In these circumstances, I would have to say Rainbow Dash, Vinyl Scratch, Luna, and Fluttershy, for a number of reasons. Firstly, in the case of Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, and Luna, they are Pegasi, and I always found the wings very aesthetically pleasing. Secondly, the coloration: I love Rainbow Dash's beautiful multicolored mane and blue coat, the wonderful pink color to Fluttershy's mane (as well as the way it's styled), the dark edginess to Luna's whole color design in general (season 2 Luna, not season 1), and the nice short-cut blue mane on Vinyl Scratch, conrtasting with her white coat. (Note: whether a pony is a unicorn or not does not affect my opinion of their looks; I could care less about the horn.)Thirdly, the eyes. Rainbow Dash's eyes rarely stop radiating confidence, and I've found being near someone who looks confident can actually help make me more confident, so I personally am a sucker for self-assured, smug eyes like that. Fluttershy's eyes are by far the most expressive of the group, which makes her seem very relatable to me, as she might as well be telling you exactly what she's feeling at any time, as one look to the eye and it's a dead giveaway, something she has in common with me. Luna has a sort of intensity to her eyes, which can be quite intimidating, and theirs something about that that I like. And Vinyl Scratch's eyes are actually never seen except in fanart (some artist swear her irises are red) so there's a sort of mystery there, as if you never really know what she's thinking. I find it intriguing. I'm legitimately surprised I wrote such a winded response to such a simple topic; however, I think this was necessary to properly make my point. It was certainly interesting to take a closer look at what I like in a female's facial features, beyond just symmetry, which biology states we must like. I would like to assert, however, that I have never felt a sexual attraction to any of the ponies because, simply put, the animation style essentially prevents that, and besides that, they're ponies, and while I have no problem with anyone who is, I personally am not into that.

Gonna have to brohoof this, but I should point out that Vinyl's eyes were shown at the end of the royal wedding, where the "Love's In Bloom" song was sung, and they were red just like in fanart.

Edited by Pegasus25

Why them? Not criticizing, I'm just curious.

Well, lets start.Derpy: she is my pony female version; distracted, head in the clouds, a living disaster, destroy everything it touches. Also, her eyes are beautiful.Luna: c'mon, she is simply gorgeous.Vinyl and Lyra: i just have this preference for musicians, and their looks are spetacular.Octavia: she is a musician, and have this erudit and cult way of be. Also, she is the most beautiful pony EVUR! Everyday, i pray to God let Hasbro do a brushable of her.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Well, lets start.Derpy: she is my pony female version; distracted, head in the clouds, a living disaster, destroy everything it touches. Also, her eyes are beautiful.Luna: c'mon, she is simply gorgeous.Vinyl and Lyra: i just have this preference for musicians, and their looks are spetacular.Octavia: she is a musician, and have this erudit and cult way of be. Also, she is the most beautiful pony EVUR! Everyday, i pray to God let Hasbro do a brushable of her.

Good reasons and I agree with the beauty of Luna and Derpy's eyes. Edited by Steel Accord