Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are you attracted to ponies? (platonic attraction)

Lady Rarity Pony

355 users have voted

1. 1. Are you attracted to ponies? (platonic)

• Yes
    • No
    • Not Sure

I think it's also that the ponies make me happy and cheer me up and therefore are someone you can count on(I know this is quite far-fetched but I feel more satisfied and happy since I've started to watch the show). And I really have to say that their characters have grown on me and that they have that impact in my life that I could totally imagine being in Equestria, a pony and in a relationship with one of them.

I think most of us could relate to that in one extant or another. The show certainly has made many bronies happier than they once were. (Myself included.) The world itself does hold some strong appeal and not the least of which is the characters themselves. You have a populace that is a literal colorful cast, where everypony has something special about them and the opportunity and drive to show the world what makes them special. Call me idealistic (it's a strong point of mine) but there is definitely something to be said of a society that's based around "I'm awesome at X, and I'm gonna show the world it!"
  • Brohoof 3

I think most of us could relate to that in one extant or another. The show certainly has made many bronies happier than they once were. (Myself included.) The world itself does hold some strong appeal and not the least of which is the characters themselves. You have a populace that is a literal colorful cast, where everypony has something special about them and the opportunity and drive to show the world what makes them special. Call me idealistic (it's a strong point of mine) but there is definitely something to be said of a society that's based around "I'm awesome at X, and I'm gonna show the world it!"

I guess it's also a strong factor for me why the world of equestria and it's inhabitants are so appealing. Iam sick of all the *censored* that happens in our society. By this i mean not things like corruption, economics, ect. but things that affect me in a personal way. I got tired of this "game" about popularity, partnerships,sex, money,etc. and Equestria is kind of an haven for my imagination and dreams. It's a place where you can be yourself and ponies help you rather than get in your way. Sure there are jerks too, but at I still can imagine having a joyful life there and the characters have personalities that would allow a partnership that is build around romance and love. And I can't imagine such thing with 99% of the girls I know here on earth, and I am actually quite desinteressted on those kinds of relationship many of us have.
  • Brohoof 2

I guess it's also a strong factor for me why the world of equestria and it's inhabitants are so appealing. Iam sick of all the *censored* that happens in our society. By this i mean not things like corruption, economics, ect. but things that affect me in a personal way. I got tired of this "game" about popularity, partnerships,sex, money,etc. and Equestria is kind of an haven for my imagination and dreams. It's a place where you can be yourself and ponies help you rather than get in your way. Sure there are jerks too, but at I still can imagine having a joyful life there and the characters have personalities that would allow a partnership that is build around romance and love. And I can't imagine such thing with 99% of the girls I know here on earth, and I am actually quite desinteressted on those kinds of relationship many of us have.

I understand where your coming from entirely. I too get frustrated with the incomprehensible levels of immaturity from my peers. Yet I still know most people are good at heart. I've also found that, while it's not all girls, girls on average are much more rational and level headed. It's faaaaaaaar easier for me to talk to them then guys. (This hasn't helped me get a girlfriend though.) Equestria is simply a world where the standards of good behavior have not been culturally marginalized as the youth of our world has done. The Golden Rule is still there, but there is an entire "anti-nice" norm that has been developed in this generation to oppose it. You let any "troll" in Ponyville and they're either gonna get run out of town within the hour or straight up get their ass kicked.

Posted Image

• Brohoof 1

I understand where your coming from entirely. I too get frustrated with the incomprehensible levels of immaturity from my peers. Yet I still know most people are good at heart. I've also found that, while it's not all girls, girls on average are much more rational and level headed. It's faaaaaaaar easier for me to talk to them then guys. (This hasn't helped me get a girlfriend though.) Equestria is simply a world where the standards of good behavior have not been culturally marginalized as the youth of our world has done. The Golden Rule is still there, but there is an entire "anti-nice" norm that has been developed in this generation to oppose it. You let any "troll" in Ponyville and they're either gonna get run out of town within the hour or straight up get their ass kicked.

I like talking to girls also a bit more. But there is for example this so called "Friendzone". Sure I have just friends kind of friends but I also wouldn't even think about getting in a relationship with someone who isn't a friend(and yes I would like a girlfriend who is like a good buddy. And I guess I long for some kind of "peace" in my life and mlp gives me a piece of that. Because they are characters with whom I can imagine to live a fulfilled life makes some of the ponies appealing to me. And I can imagine it to be really romantic and cute
  • Brohoof 2

I like talking to girls also a bit more. But there is for example this so called "Friendzone". Sure I have just friends kind of friends but I also wouldn't even think about getting in a relationship with someone who isn't a friend(and yes I would like a girlfriend who is like a good buddy. And I guess I long for some kind of "peace" in my life and mlp gives me a piece of that. Because they are characters with whom I can imagine to live a fulfilled life makes some of the ponies appealing to me. And I can imagine it to be really romantic and cute

Well if you were gonna find a pony who would be your friend first and then "more" AJ would definately fall into that category. Once she starts calling you "Sugarcube" make your move!
  • Brohoof 1

I have one question to all of you ponies in this thread.

Can you resist the beauty of the sludge pony Larpy? :D

Posted Image

I know how you feel. Some of my peers can be judgemental at times. But that's the difference between peers and friends. Friends will look past those things.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Well if you were gonna find a pony who would be your friend first and then "more" AJ would definately fall into that category. Once she starts calling you "Sugarcube" make your move!

Yep AJ is my favorite. She is really cute and definately a person I would like as gf. I would also really like living on SAA(my uncle has a small farm and I totally love it there) ;)

I have one question to all of you ponies in this thread.

Can you resist the beauty of the sludge pony Larpy? :D

Posted Image

I know how you feel. Some of my peers can be judgemental at times. But that's the difference between peers and friends. Friends will look past those things.

Larpy is really...err...cute? I really like his...uhm...sludge!(though I always thought he/her/it would look like in LRPs avatar) xD

And yeah my friends are actually really nice, but I think they are the minority. Some of them have totally different sights of views, but that's ok for me.

Edited by Wildcard
  • Brohoof 1

One thing I like best about Lyra's design is that she styles her mane so that the end of it is extended, and curls somewhat upwards.

I don't know why, doesn't anypony else find that cool?

Posted Image

• Brohoof 4

One thing I like best about Lyra's design is that she styles her mane so that the end of it is extended, and curls somewhat upwards.

Posted Image

I never noticed that! . . . . DAMMIT not another one! I swear I've got a virtual crush harem in my head and it ain't getting any smaller!
  • Brohoof 2

I never noticed that! . . . . DAMMIT not another one! I swear I've got a virtual crush harem in my head and it ain't getting any smaller!

You and me both buddy. B)
  • Brohoof 1

Posted Image

Keeping that vectir for later.

You'll have to beat Bon Bon on that one but nothing tells me she wouldn't have you both. ;)

• Brohoof 1

Why sad Lyra? :(

• Brohoof 1

Why sad Lyra? :(

LOL :P 'twas the only good vector I could find at the time that showe her hair styled like that best.

~sincere words!~

Im not good with help or advice, but what exactly would the problem be? Quite a lot of others are attracted to somepony in the same way. and since your literally visualizing them, as long as you dont let it go too far, like starting to actually talk to them in public and whatnot, then I dont see a problem with it.

Also, you cant have too much respect for women.

The problem I am seeing is... It isn't normal. I can't go up to anybody and say, "Rainbow Dash... I love her!". They would probably call a hospital for me. I am sure most of the time I would be dealing with people who can't even stand hearing the word "pony". What I am trying to say, is that no matter how much I want to, I can't accept it as normal. I know you are supposed to "be yourself", but does that really include falling in love with an animated entity?

The problem I am seeing is... It isn't normal. I can't go up to anybody and say, "Rainbow Dash... I love her!". They would probably call a hospital for me. I am sure most of the time I would be dealing with people who can't even stand hearing the word "pony". What I am trying to say, is that no matter how much I want to, I can't accept it as normal. I know you are supposed to "be yourself", but does that really include falling in love with an animated entity?

Well, from this thread I learned that it is the personality that most are actually attracted to. So, from that I would say its the personality of Rainbow Dash that you love. Which means if you can find a girl that is just like her then your set on a girlfriend. Also there have been people to fall in love with odder things than a character in a show. I mean like inanimate objects (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Object_sexuality).

I myself have started to fall for Applejack and Ditzy Doo, but as said earlier, its their personality that attracts me. I did notice that this girl that I have had a crush on since 5th grade has quite a few of the same traits as Applejack and that Applejack did remind me of her quite a lot. That and AJ's accent is pure heaven, even though my crush doesnt have one.

You should read through this thread some, it should be able to clear up a little more as well, especially since im horrible at this sort of thing.

(edited)

Believe me, I did a lot of reading around here before posting. And while part of me wants to believe you are right about the whole personality thing, another part of me does not. I don't know why. I mean, their hair, or manes, are something I admire, considering hair makes a big difference on appearance. Raindrop's "hair", I believe, would look really amazing on somebody I am attracted to. I like to see someone's hair in a style that suits me. There is also something about the color that I like. I have always had something for a light blue color. So to see somebody with that color hair would be amazing.Posted Image

And, another thing, as ponies don't have human facial features, somehow I can just sort of piece together what they would look like as humans. Maybe that is a part of why I am somewhat attracted to them?

Edited by Raspberry32
  • Brohoof 1

Words cannot express how sorry I am for the major bump on this post. I hope you guys are kind enough to disregard it, because I just have to get this out there. I have been dealing with this "pony attraction" for quite some time now, but have never thought about telling anyone else. I am really hoping you guys could maybe "help" me through it, or give me some of your "advice" on how to handle this.

First of all, I would like to say that I have maybe too much respect for women. My respect for them goes beyond reality. I have just as much respect for video game and cartoon women as I do real women. So anything sexual is out of the question. I can't see myself even having children because of my ridiculous amount of respect.

With that said, I can say that I am almost to the point where I am starting to fall "in love" with said ponies. Rainbow Dash, and a background pony, Raindrops. At first, I thought I only had Rainbow Dash as a favorite pony because of her voice and mane, and that because of her, the others got their cutie marks. That was really cool to me, and I thought to myself, 'She seems really important and makes rainbows look cool. She is kind of awesome.'.

It was then I read My Little Dashie. That story made me drown in tears. I don't know what it was, but something made me realize that Rainbow Dash was more of a human to me than a pony. The attraction started to form a that. I started picturing Rainbow Dash physically in my presence, and how amazing that would be. One thing came after another, and I was starting to fall in love with Rainbow Dash. And all of the other pony characters started becoming more "human-like" to me just as Rainbow Dash did. I can't help but thinking of them as human. They speak, understand words, and make decisions. Humans do the same.

It was just today that I discovered Raindrops as a background character. The first thing I noticed was the mane. I just can't get over it. I also really love the color of it. The ponies eyes are also something that brings me to "love" them. When you see eyes that big and colorful, you can't help but think, "How adorable!!!". Anyways, as I had already started to "love" ponies, she hooked my instantly. The same thing that happened to Rainbow Dash and I happened to me with Raindrops. I pictured her in my presence, and blahdahlah, I fell in love again.

I may also want to mention I have another attraction. A video game character from a Legend of Zelda game. If any of you know Twilight Princess, you know Midna. That is who I am truly in love with. How? Her imp form is more of something to be cute, like a puppy. But, her true form... Beautiful! That is because her true form represents all of what a real women's form would be. Human shaped body, long flaming red hair, might I add a slim figure, arms and legs... She is basically human. I understand she is a video game character, so I know the limitations. But, if she were real... Things would be different. It would be normal.

If any of you can sort of help me on what I should do different, or leave any feedback on what you just read, please, do it. Again, I hope you understand why I posted this.

You are not alone. My very first post on ANY internet forum (this one) was me admitting and coming to terms with my feelings for Fluttershy (and Rarity I admit.) I'm not sure how helpful I can be, but I can offer you the nest explanation I've been able to come up with. According to Masahiro's "Uncanny Valley" the more human something is, the more we identify with it. Unless it's TOO human like. In which case, we pick up on whatever is NOT human about it. Then there's the other side of the spectrum, the ponies clearly are not human, so their human qualities are magnified. (Hair, eyes, voice, etc.) Lauren Faust created the Mane Six with ideal feminine archetypes in mind. Your brain is seeing past the cartoon to see the kind of woman Rainbow Dash actually is. Really what's not to love? She's athletic, spirited, tough, brave, and talented! She's not my type, but to each his own. It only becomes a problem when it starts preventing you from seeing real women. My love of Fluttershy has not inhibited my desire for romance, far from it, it's laser focused it. I know what to look for now! Keep an eye out for athletic red heads with lots of moxy and you're golden!

Posted Image

I hope that helps.

Believe me, I did a lot of reading around here before posting. And while part of me wants to believe you are right about the whole personality thing, another part of me does not. I don't know why. I mean, their hair, or manes, are something I admire, considering hair makes a big difference on appearance. Raindrop's "hair", I believe, would look really amazing on somebody I am attracted to. I like to see someone's hair in a style that suits me. There is also something about the color that I like. I have always had something for a light blue color. So to see somebody with that color hair would be amazing.Posted Image

And, another thing, as ponies don't have human facial features, somehow I can just sort of piece together what they would look like as humans. Maybe that is a part of why I am somewhat attracted to them?

Well of course it is! I do the same thing for Fluttershy, Rarity, and ESPECIALLY Applejack. Their pony features give you a base to work with but still room to translate in your own way. Romance involves idealization of your partner, we put them on pedestals to exemplify what we find beautiful instinctively. Hence why humanized ponies retain common characteristics but can have wildly overall interpretations.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Keep an eye out for athletic red heads with lots of moxy and you're golden!

Sorry, I may have not cleared this up too much. I am not too much of a fan of red hair, and when I mentioned Midna, I did say red hair. But, I think I may have meant her hair to be more orangey fire-like. Kind of like Spitfire's. Sorry, even I am a little confused about that.

I have to say, while I was reading both of your posts, Kirby and Steel Accord, I was somewhat smiling at what is was you were saying. I don't know why, but having somebody talk to me directly is more appealing than me reading two others' conversation.

Edited by Raspberry32
  • Brohoof 2

Sorry, I may have not cleared this up too much. I am not too much of a fan of red hair, and when I mentioned Midna, I did say red hair. But, I think I may have meant her hair to be more orangey fire-like. Kind of like Spitfire's. Sorry, even I am a little confused about that.

I have to say, while I was reading both of your posts, Kirby and Steel Accord, I was somewhat smiling at what is was you were saying. I don't know why, but having somebody talk to me directly is more appealing than me reading two others' conversation.

I was speaking metaphorically when I was talking about the red heads. I just meant someone like that. But truly, I was in your position not too long ago. From talking to other bronies and what I've felt since then, there's nothing wrong with fantasizing about your special somepony. Your finding it weird because your surface instinct is aversion. She's a pony, and a cartoon character. But the difference between attraction to Rainbow and Midna is not that different. Midna just qualifies as human enough that she's "okay" as others would put it. Nonetheless you are not attracted to animals so why would one trigger these feelings? Because she's not an animal, she's completely sapient! You can't call the ponies horses anymore than you can call us monkeys. Despite the hesitation, Rainbow Dash stirs something in your soul. You can't help it, nor should you want to, your heart is speaking to you through her! Go ahead, have your friendly races, share a cup of apple cider, gaze lovingly into her rose colored eyes . . .

Posted Image

Nothing wrong with that! ;)

• Brohoof 2

^I was totally waiting on you to post Steel Accord! man, im bad with advice and help....

Everything he said is what I was attempting to say, and he knows his stuff.

I have people waiting on me now? I'm getting more reasons to do a YouTube show and if I do THIS will be my first topic! I don't claim to be an expert, I just try to have my opinions at least be well thought out.

...Darn you. My heart dropped to that picture.

Then my work here is done! B) There's nothing wrong with seeing these characters that way anymore than there is crushing on a celebrity.
  • Brohoof 1