Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are you attracted to ponies? (platonic attraction)

Lady Rarity Pony

355 users have voted

1. 1. Are you attracted to ponies? (platonic)

• Yes
    • No
    • Not Sure

How could a guy like you get along with Pinkie? Quite well actually. Pinkie is VERY open to others. One of the hardest things, at least for me, in romantic reaction is actually approaching and interacting with the lady of your desire. Pinkie already solves that problem for you! She WANTS to talk to everypony, it's in her nature and passion as a social event planner. If you haven't noticed, she's on a first name basis with everypony in Ponyville and know's them quite well. (For reference, see the beginning of "A Friend in Deed" before her song.) If you hung around Sugarcube Corner, but never said anything to her (as I'm sure you would) you can be sure as Celestia raises the Sun that she would POP out from behind you and assumebecauseyoualwayscometowhereponiesarebutnevertalktoanyponythenyoumustbelonelyordon'tknowhowtotalkandifthat'sthecaseshecouldbringpapersoyoucouldwritedowneverythingyouwantedtosayand . . . you see where I'm going with this? Thin back to Cranky Doodle Donkey . . . okay I gotta say it!

Now that that's out of my system. Cranky was likewise a reclusive introvert, yet Pinkie was able to pull him out of his shell. You have the benefit of actually being interested in being in her good graces as opposed to actively resisting it like he was. As far as taking things further than just being her friend . . . . it's a bit of a strecth, but I STILL say it could work. Judging by the hoops you've had ME jumping through(!) you seem to share a similar sense of humor. (Not unlike Celestia's actually. Which makes sense I guess.) As the Element of Laughter, being able to make her laugh is definitely gonna score you brownie points. (Or is that "brony" points?) My advice would be to catch her at a party. (Which is like asking to find Dionysus at one.) Interacting with someone you're interested in at a social gathering is MUCH easier than straight out of the blue. Trust me, that's how I got my first girlfriend. Pinkie's is also far more insightful than she's given credit for. She was able to deduce Matilda was the "special friend" the Cranky only alluded to. She was also the only one who knew how to take care of the Parasprites. Oh and we can't forget "It was under EEEEEEE!" I bring this up because there might be little about you that would surprise her, so just shooting straight with her would be easy. All in all. I'd say you'd have a far easier time with Pinkie(-like individuals) than I would with Fluttershy or Rarity(. . . .-like individuals!) who would be MUCH harder to approach for different reasons.

Next up! Now in three flavors!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Nothing wrong with some variety. (Unless you were actually IN a relationship!) Fluttershy may be in first by a mile, but Rarity never ceases to please the eye, ear, and soul. Then there's, sorry to say it, Pinkie, who's joyful eccentricity would be a delight to my spirit. Then there's Applejack with her family orientation and Southern characteristics. (I grew up in the North, but her mannerisms are definitely "homey.") She's a hard worker, straightforward, and uncomplicated; doesn't like to let details get in the way of the big picture. So I'd say, in terms of narrowing it down, I've only managed to knock Rainbow Dash off the list. Not much of an accomplishment, considering she was never on my radar to begin with.

You know me too well my friend! And I taking these pictures!

One thing that actively worries me, is me being possessive, I get jealous very easily and considering who it is.... I'm not jealous towards mares just comparing attention, like I get jealous if I don't get any much time than another stallion you know?

And Celestia, Prince and Pinkie have similar senses of humor? I didn't notice!

• Brohoof 1

You know me too well my friend! And I taking these pictures!

One thing that actively worries me, is me being possessive, I get jealous very easily and considering who it is.... I'm not jealous towards mares just comparing attention, like I get jealous if I don't get any much time than another stallion you know?

And Celestia, Prince and Pinkie have similar senses of humor? I didn't notice!

Possessive? There I'm sorry to say you MIGHT have a problem. Pinkie is . . . well she's Pinkie that thing that makes her easy to approach also makes leads her to enjoy interaction for it's own sake. Her closest friends would dominate a large amount of her free time. Then there's the, I'm gonna go with . . . . Baker's dozen.

*dodges bullet*

. . . . of appointments and minor interactions with others in Ponyville. That's all sans her job at Sugarcube Corner and babysitting the Cake twins. That might be your first relationship hurtle. Hopefully consolidating her free spirit and your desire for commitment.

You definitely have some Celestia humor in you. Making your friends play games in grand schemes with no clear benefit on the surface but end up helping them in the end. You laugh at how you can play others but never mean any harm with the manipulative antics. Consider Her actions in the pilot. Celestia completely played Twilight and the others, but it was to save the world and her sister. Indeed, the only time she broke down and showed emotion was when they reunited. (Banishing Luna is probably one of the most compromising things She has ever been forced to do and considering how long She's lived, that's a pretty BIG DEAL!)

• Brohoof 1

Possessive? There I'm sorry to say you MIGHT have a problem. Pinkie is . . . well she's Pinkie that thing that makes her easy to approach also makes leads her to enjoy interaction for it's own sake. Her closest friends would dominate a large amount of her free time. Then there's the, I'm gonna go with . . . . Baker's dozen.

*dodges bullet*

. . . . of appointments and minor interactions with others in Ponyville. That's all sans her job at Sugarcube Corner and babysitting the Cake twins. That might be your first relationship hurtle. Hopefully consolidating her free spirit and your desire for commitment.

You definitely have some Celestia humor in you. Making your friends play games in grand schemes with no clear benefit on the surface but end up helping them in the end. You laugh at how you can play others but never mean any harm with the manipulative antics. Consider Her actions in the pilot. Celestia completely played Twilight and the others, but it was to save the world and her sister. Indeed, the only time she broke down and showed emotion was when they reunited. (Banishing Luna is probably one of the most compromising things She has ever been forced to do and considering how long She's lived, that's a pretty BIG DEAL!)

Steel! My Brohoofs, TAKE THEM!!!

• Brohoof 1

Obviously Steel, You really are very much attracted to Flutters as demonstrated in our RP. You Would be more than a special colt friend should you ever meet her my friend. You've proven that!

Not to get this terribly off-topic but what have I done that's particularly endearing to her archetype?

Not to get this terribly off-topic but what have I done that's particularly endearing to her archetype?

You're not off topic as we are talking of our attraction to a certain pony.

You are making her come out of her shell and she's allowing you to hold her hand while you guide her out, So nope!

(Don't get burnt by my Phoinex or by her. Double Trouble!but I'll show you the reason why later)

• Brohoof 1

Not in a romantic way, but the personalities of all of them make me want to be friends with them! And in terms of looks, Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie are really pretty. Which sounds crazy, because they're ponies!

• Brohoof 1

Not in a romantic way, but the personalities of all of them make me want to be friends with them! And in terms of looks, Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie are really pretty. Which sounds crazy, because they're ponies!

Not really, I found some one who could be the love of my life because of I knew what I was looking for which was a girl like Pinkie.

Not at all crazy. I've gone on record saying how, despite minimal physical anthropomorphic properties, the Mane Six have exceedingly recognizable feminine traits. One of the reasons "humanization" can work so well is that, despite the change, you wouldn't doubt for a second who the character is.

Observe:

Posted Image

Posted Image

See what I mean? The following may not apply to you directly, but in general, bronies get a tad defensive about this when they shouldn't. Us straight guys already watch this show and it *scrolls up* CLEARLY hasn't changed our sexual orientation. Why would being attracted to engaging and interesting young women mean we're into bestiality? I can honestly say that I've looked at the horses at the stables and they still look like horses to me. Then there's . . . .

Posted Image

Ohhhh what I wouldn't give to just say "hi." . . . . Though she would probably recoil in terror.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Why would being attracted to engaging and interesting young women mean we're into bestiality?

You know, I can see how you could be attracted to their personalities, but doesn't the fact that they're non-anthropomorphic animals put you off on a romantic level, not just a sexual level? I mean I think appearances do matter to some extent for romance. I mean no offense tho, if anything it's good that you're only attracted to their personalities and not their bodies, for obvious reasons.

Edited by Pegasus25
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

You know, I can see how you could be attracted to their personalities, but doesn't the fact that they're non-anthropomorphic animals put you off on a romantic level, not just a sexual level? I mean I think appearances do matter to some extent for romance. I mean no offense tho, if anything it's good that you're only attracted to their personalities and not their bodies, for obvious reasons.

That barrier been broken Afew times, considering the amount of time "Dat Flank" has been said in this thread alone, and that someponies actually mean it.

The romantic level, we could go there also, I could say that I have a romantic attraction to Pinkie Pie. My love interest was outlined by her before I found a girl like her IRL so I could say I loved her first.

I'm just giving examples here, I could be easily dissproven.

You! I need to ask you something!

Now earlier, me and you spoke of how the relationship would work between me and Pinkie.

Now, What about Pinkanima & Princika?

Princika is the name I have to my OC when he's less than normal. Just like me, he does crash after being excessively happy. Here: Posted Image

Now we both crash after being excessively happy for a good while, this is a simulatarity, how could this affect the relationship?

Edited by TagTeamCast

That barrier been broken Afew times, considering the amount of time "Dat Flank" has been said in this thread alone, and that someponies actually mean it.

Ya but at least Steel Accord and a few others don't.

The romantic level, we could go there also, I could say that I have a romantic attraction to Pinkie Pie. My love interest was outlined by her before I found a girl like her IRL so I could say I loved her first.

I get how you can find them "attractive" on a romantic level, but they're still ponies so I just can't find them physically or romantically attractive, if there's nothing for me to find sexually attractive I just can't fall in love with them, not that beauty and sexual attractiveness is that important to me, but it still matters to me. I look at the mane 6 in the same way I'd look at a sibling or a friend, or even like my child, it'd just be weird for me to find them attractive.
  • Brohoof 2

In general, my romantic M.O. has been to not give a shit about appearances. (Pardon my language.) Though I've discovered recently, that was less a choice and more due to orientation. For awhile I thought I was asexual, then I got my first girlfriend and suddenly she was a walking turn on! When I first met her, I thought she was pretty, but after she showed interest (and gave me my first kiss :blush:) I thought about her in . . . . other ways. :unsure: So I dug a little deeper and found out about demi-sexuality. Halfway between sexual and asexual. I don't experience the primary signs of attraction to women in magazines or strip clubs, that stuff is actually a HUGE turn off for me. However, when I establish an emotional connection to a women, and further endear myself to her, she's becomes "real" to me. If you just showed me a picture of a random stripper. "It's just a random woman prostrating herself. What am I supposed to be attracted to?" Show me a picture of an actress that played a really sweet character or a singer who songs are always so heartfelt and happy. (I'm just gonna say it. Mandy Moore and Taylor Swift.) "HELOOOOOOOOO NURSE!" I may be completely wrong and they may not be the women I thought they were in real life, but romantic interaction does indeed involve idealization.

Sooooooooo no. It's not off putting at all. If a character is portrayed as a person, as opposed to an impersonal force (like Galactcus, the Ellemist, or The Force,) or a mindless automaton (like MOST kid's shows) I can see them with the array of emotions I would apply to anyone. The fact that sleeping with Fluttershy is not something I would be opposed to (that's not to say I'm overly eager either! :blush:) Just means she has fulfilled the criteria of someone who's life and happiness I have an emotional investment in. That sounds clinical but I mean it with the most sincerity.

• Brohoof 3

In general, my romantic M.O. has been to not give a shit about appearances. (Pardon my language.) Though I've discovered recently, that was less a choice and more due to orientation. For awhile I thought I was asexual, then I got my first girlfriend and suddenly she was a walking turn on! When I first met her, I thought she was pretty, but after she showed interest (and gave me my first kiss :blush:) I thought about her in . . . . other ways. :unsure: So I dug a little deeper and found out about demi-sexuality. Halfway between sexual and asexual. I don't experience the primary signs of attraction to women in magazines or strip clubs, that stuff is actually a HUGE turn off for me. However, when I establish an emotional connection to a women, and further endear myself to her, she's becomes "real" to me. If you just showed me a picture of a random stripper. "It's just a random woman prostrating herself. What am I supposed to be attracted to?" Show me a picture of an actress that played a really sweet character or a singer who songs are always so heartfelt and happy. (I'm just gonna say it. Mandy Moore and Taylor Swift.) "HELOOOOOOOOO NURSE!" I may be completely wrong and they may not be the women I thought they were in real life, but romantic interaction does indeed involve idealization.

Sooooooooo no. It's not off putting at all. If a character is portrayed as a person, as opposed to an impersonal force (like Galactcus, the Ellemist, or The Force,) or a mindless automaton (like MOST kid's shows) I can see them with the array of emotions I would apply to anyone. The fact that sleeping with Fluttershy is not something I would be opposed to (that's not to say I'm overly eager either! :blush:) Just means she has fulfilled the criteria of someone who's life and happiness I have an emotional investment in. That sounds clinical but I mean it with the most sincerity.

I've been waiting got this post for quite some time and you haven't failed my expectations my friend.
  • Brohoof 1

I'm just giving examples here, I could be easily dissproven.

You! I need to ask you something!

Now earlier, me and you spoke of how the relationship would work between me and Pinkie.

Now, What about Pinkanima & Princika?

Princika is the name I have to my OC when he's less than normal. Just like me, he does crash after being excessively happy. Here: Posted Image

Now we both crash after being excessively happy for a good while, this is a simulatarity, how could this affect the relationship?

I don't think Pinkamena is anything more than a fan creation. Pinkie didn't slip into an alternate personality, she had a severe depressive attack and came up with a particularly disturbing coping mechanism. Pinkie loves to bring joy, it's not only her cutie-mark she represents the Element of laughter! When she thought "her friends don't like her parties and they don't want to be her friends anymore" she had a mental break. Pinkie has loads of "friends" but there are different kinds of friends. The other Mane Six are a league or two above Pinkie's other friends because of their love for each other. In "Party of One" Pinkie felt like not only did she fail at the reason for her existence, she felt like she had alienated the ponies who may have been emotionally closer to her then her own blood relatives. That's Cutie Mark Failure Insanity Syndrome (or CMFIS) coupled with familial abandonment! To say Pinkamena exists in a fashion would be to imply Dissociative Personality Disorder. Coming from my perspective, Pinkie seems to fall more into one who suffers from a mild to severe form of Depression. The former happens most often in those who suffer from some kind of traumatic reoccurring event, overwhelmingly, this number is from those who suffered abuse as children. They created an alter ego for the bad things to happen to, and unless it's identified and treated, the behavior carries over into adulthood. The most we know of Pinkie's upbringing is that her family were no-nonsense and hard working, but she was able to bring joy to them. On the other hoof, constant smile, highly social, loves to laugh, these might not seem like symptoms of depression, but they are clever covers for it. Depression is funny because it often appears in those with happy lives, they themselves acknowledge they have no reason to feel this way but do. In this case, it's just bad brain chemistry. Self confidence is not one of Pinkie's weaknesses, but how she appears to others reflects her calling as an entertainer. (Baker, party planner, singer, stand up comedian, don't tell me she isn't!) Consider, she's ALWAYS hanging around with others. She's always throwing parties and coming up with reasons to throw parties. Notice also, Applejack lives with her family and Twilight has Spike; but Fluttershy, Rarity, and Rainbow Dash all live alone yet Pinkie lives with her employers who aren't related to her. Even when Twilight was stalking her to examine her Pinkie sense and there was nopony around. Pinkie knew Twilight was there the whole time. Add all this up and what do you get? Pinkie hates being alone. Without an audience to make laugh, she doesn't know what others are saying about her. That's what Discord used against her. Making Pinkie feel like her friends mocked her behind her back and it was that same borderline paranoia that lead to her suspicions on her birthday. All in all, I'd say you wouldn't have to worry about Pinkamena.
  • Brohoof 1

I don't think Pinkamena is anything more than a fan creation. Pinkie didn't slip into an alternate personality, she had a severe depressive attack and came up with a particularly disturbing coping mechanism. Pinkie loves to bring joy, it's not only her cutie-mark she represents the Element of laughter! When she thought "her friends don't like her parties and they don't want to be her friends anymore" she had a mental break. Pinkie has loads of "friends" but there are different kinds of friends. The other Mane Six are a league or two above Pinkie's other friends because of their love for each other. In "Party of One" Pinkie felt like not only did she fail at the reason for her existence, she felt like she had alienated the ponies who may have been emotionally closer to her then her own blood relatives. That's Cutie Mark Failure Insanity Syndrome (or CMFIS) coupled with familial abandonment! To say Pinkamena exists in a fashion would be to imply Dissociative Personality Disorder. Coming from my perspective, Pinkie seems to fall more into one who suffers from a mild to severe form of Depression. The former happens most often in those who suffer from some kind of traumatic reoccurring event, overwhelmingly, this number is from those who suffered abuse as children. They created an alter ego for the bad things to happen to, and unless it's identified and treated, the behavior carries over into adulthood. The most we know of Pinkie's upbringing is that her family were no-nonsense and hard working, but she was able to bring joy to them. On the other hoof, constant smile, highly social, loves to laugh, these might not seem like symptoms of depression, but they are clever covers for it. Depression is funny because it often appears in those with happy lives, they themselves acknowledge they have no reason to feel this way but do. In this case, it's just bad brain chemistry. Self confidence is not one of Pinkie's weaknesses, but how she appears to others reflects her calling as an entertainer. (Baker, party planner, singer, stand up comedian, don't tell me she isn't!) Consider, she's ALWAYS hanging around with others. She's always throwing parties and coming up with reasons to throw parties. Notice also, Applejack lives with her family and Twilight has Spike; but Fluttershy, Rarity, and Rainbow Dash all live alone yet Pinkie lives with her employers who aren't related to her. Even when Twilight was stalking her to examine her Pinkie sense and there was nopony around. Pinkie knew Twilight was there the whole time. Add all this up and what do you get? Pinkie hates being alone. Without an audience to make laugh, she doesn't know what others are saying about her. That's what Discord used against her. Making Pinkie feel like her friends mocked her behind her back and it was that same borderline paranoia that lead to her suspicions on her birthday. All in all, I'd say you wouldn't have to worry about Pinkamena.

And Princika? My goofy and still reasonable attitude is one looked up to but it has a very high upkeep and isn't very stable as its also based on what others think of me and considering I take everything to heart, this could lead to depression.

Today was a day I actually crashed and was depressed, like you said, I couldn't explain it. It happens every so often but it has no effect except a regret..... As long as nopony sees me like that. I act really differently during this time very contrast to my former self. It's my Pinkanema, and it happens far more often than hers.

What difficulties could arise from this?

And Princika? My goofy and still reasonable attitude is one looked up to but it has a very high upkeep and isn't very stable as its also based on what others think of me and considering I take everything to heart, this could lead to depression.

Today was a day I actually crashed and was depressed, like you said, I couldn't explain it. It happens every so often but it has no effect except a regret..... As long as nopony sees me like that. I act really differently during this time very contrast to my former self. It's my Pinkanema, and it happens far more often than hers.

What difficulties could arise from this?

Well actually. Pinkie would help immensely with that. It may sound too simple, but Pinkie's Smile Song actually illustrates this quite well.

She makes it a point to cheer up all the sad ponies she comes across. "It's true some days are dark and lonely. Maybe you feel sad, but Pinkie will be there to show you it isn't that bad!" She spends the remaining episode trying to befriend and cheer up a severely depressed old timer, and succeeds! As her own very special somepony, you can bet your plot she would make sure you were happy! As long as you were there to give her the care and affection she needs, she can keep you out of that dark place.

(edited)

I do find myself attracted to octavia fluttershy vinyl scratch rainbow dash and twighlight sparkle. It's a werid feeling of attraction, it's like you want to be amazing friends with them.

Curse you chracter designers.

Edited by Lostwanderer
  • Brohoof 1

I'm attracted towards Rainbow Dash the most.

If I may ask, why? I'm not trying to sound indignant. e.g. "Eww why HER?!" I'm curious as to what about the character appeals to you on a romantic level. I ask specifically because, while I still love Dash like I do all the characters, she's the only one who's never been anything more than "perhaps friend" in my mind. All the other Mane Six have had terns at the top of my list.

No, I am not attracted to them. That would be weird. Not only are they cartoon characters, but they are also ponies. As in animals.

They can be adorable, as cartoon ponies. But they are not attractive.

My thoughts exactly :)

Same here, strippers und such stuff isn't turning me on. I also thought I was asexual for quite a long time
  • Brohoof 1

I think it's also that the ponies make me happy and cheer me up and therefore are someone you can count on(I know this is quite far-fetched but I feel more satisfied and happy since I've started to watch the show). And I really have to say that their characters have grown on me and that they have that impact in my life that I could totally imagine being in Equestria, a pony and in a relationship with one of them.
  • Brohoof 1