Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Moment of Stupidity

L-PinkVsD-Pink327

I once went to the store to exchange something after Christmas (A couple years ago) I got to the store and realized I left my return at home.

When I first got my driver's license, I got hoplessly lost. I cut across the grass strip dividing the highway, and my car sank into mud so deep I had a very hard time forcing the door open. A truck driver tied a rope to my car and used his rig to pull me out. I tried to tip him, but he refused it, and scolded me as if I was his daughter! I had to stop on the way home at a self serve car wash and hose off my car. It looked like I was off road racing I COULD NOT let my parents see that!

With the same car during winter, I slid on some ice and rear ended a parked car and broke it's tail light. My mom did not appreciate me having a car accident right in out own driveway and damaging her car!

Why am I wracking my brains to remember things that make seem rather simple?

Edited by cuteycindyhoney

One time I was playing a Genesis game, and got upset because i couldn't beat the boss, so I threw the controller, it hit the TV stand, bounced off of it, and smacked me right in the face. Lesson Learned.

This! So very very often.

Whenever I talk on the phone, I touch my pockets trying to find my phone, just to realize it is in my hand.

I also tend to look for my keys while they are in my hand or occasionally while they are in my ignition! :D

(edited)

One time I was playing a Genesis game, and got upset because i couldn't beat the boss, so I threw the controller, it hit the TV stand, bounced off of it, and smacked me right in the face. Lesson Learned.

Similar to a time of when I was playing ping-pong with my little brother, and when it was my turn to serve, I smacked it onto the table, where it bounced off and hit the brick wall behind my brother, then flew upwards into the air and back onto my skull.

It sounded something like a thump on the head with your finger.

Edited by RedvsYellooop327

hit the brick wall behind my brother, which flew upwards

Um... the brick wall flew upwards? You must've hit the ball very, VERY hard. (I'm assuming you actually meant the ball though. ;D)

Oh, speaking of ping-pong. When I was still in middle school and had PE, we practiced it for a few weeks. One day, as we were playing more competitively, I was watching two of my classmates and waiting for my turn.

I stood facing the table with arms hanging loosely, my back and palms turned to the other side of the room with other tables.

I suddenly felt a ball in the palm of my hand and, thinking it must be one of those I had brought, put it in my pocket.

It took me two seconds to remember that I had been holding NO ping-pong ball for the last few minutes.

Um... the brick wall flew upwards? You must've hit the ball very, VERY hard. (I'm assuming you actually meant the ball though. ;D)

Heh, thanks for pointing that out to me *derp*

Uh, I actually... typed that mistake on purpose to see how long it would take people to notice that mistake!

Yeah, let's go with that... ;)

• Brohoof 1

• 7 years later...

Omg yea this happens to me more than I care to admit. :twismile: ....... like that one time when I put a whole carton of milk in the freezer rather than the fridge and forgot about it for the rest of the day.

More than I can remember..I'm a bit slow so there's a lot where I just cringe at myself for doing such things. More commonly, pulling the door when it said "push" or not knowing what's left or right atm.

• 2 months later...

I remember I once placed the plastic cup of butter upside-down on the toaster to soften the butter's surface, since it was cold after comin out of the fridge. Except I forgot I'd put it there, and the plastic melted as well and little holes opened up in the cup's sides.

(I say cup because I don't know what to call it, it's the boat-shaped box the butter came in, with a proper lid and all.)

I was on my way out of the doctor’s office the other day but couldn’t get the door to open (and yes, I did push AND pull). The nurse said to go right through and I assumed she had to buzz me through but nothing was happening. I started wrenching the door handle and trying the shove it open. I was getting annoyed when I turned around and saw a great many eyes studying my little exposition. I finally noticed a little ‘touchless scanner’ next to the handle for automatically opening the door, and it came right open with a wave of the hand. I felt like an ass though and thought of this thread at that very moment. So there it is, for your reading enjoyment.