Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Open Letter From Ol' Sarge

Ol' Sarge

>treating Cloudsdale with any degree of seriousness

>2011+1

>ISHYGDDT

Feld0's coming back to a shitstorm here. Everything that can be said already has, except one thing: you let no one down, Sarge. You don't have to be sorry, and in fact you shouldn't be. You were doing the same as several hundred (or several thousand, I don't know how many people lurk Cloudsdale) other members, something meant to be a fun place where everything is treated with levity.

Reading through the thread, some members recommended contacting the guy and explaining the situation. I personally don't think this has a chance at working, mostly because it sounds like he has little to no knowledge of how forums (or the internet at all, although that might be a bit presumptuous) work. He already has a first impression of the site, and as an extension, its constituent members, and from how he reacted to this, it sounds like he wouldn't be willing to reconcile on the basis of "It was a forum game and no one takes them seriously."

That said, doing nothing wouldn't lead to a resolution either, unless he was bluffing with the "ruin your life" card. Honestly, I can't see any surefire good way out of this.

If you're reading this and not Hiatustuck, Sarge, know that you are one of the coolest guys on here and all that stuff, and you didn't deserve all these shenanigans that were bred from that dude's ignorance alone. I seriously hope you don't actually leave, because I like reading your posts and I'm sure everyone else here does too. Not to mention that I'm not really sure what taking a break from here would accomplish, but if you feel you need one, go for it.

tl;dr: fgfds Sarge is in the right and the other guy should lrn2internet

• Brohoof 10

dont be, my dad has read all the replies to this thread and apriciates all of them, hes currently doing house work right now :)

Oh. At least that. Does he feel better already? I mean, this is such a bs. I've also been in trouble for total nonsense before, so I know how it's like (yeah, well, I admit this might be worse), but this wasn't really his fault and I was really worried about him at one point because he seemed to take all the responsibility for it which is, off course, also nonsense. I mean, if he didn't look at the age, that would be completely understandable mistake. But this way, where the age wasn't there-it wasn't even that, not only it wasn't big fault, it was no fault at all. He didn't do anything bad, I'm surprised that he thinks so. :blink: Edited by thegoodhen

And now I realise I have made a game on this fourm that could mess peoples lives up well and truly. O_o

oh don't even go there... you have nothing to do with what happened. blaming yourself would be like saying "the person who invented the first gun should be blamed for every single gun shot death in the history of weapons".

• Brohoof 1

And now I realise I have made a game on this fourm that could mess peoples lives up well and truly. O_o

It is not your fault at all. You created a GAME, and assumed that everyone who participated in it knew that it was not to be taken seriously, and that everyone on this website is at least 13, like it should be on all websites.
  • Brohoof 3

It is not your fault at all. You created a GAME, and assumed that everyone who participated in it knew that it was not to be taken seriously, and that everyone on this website is at least 13, like it should be on all websites.

Your signature sums it up pretty well, I would say.
  • Brohoof 1

oh don't even go there... you have nothing to do with what happened. blaming yourself would be like saying "the person who invented the first gun should be blamed for every single gun shot death in the history of weapons".

Im not blaming myself im just saying that I cant believe that a game like the one I made could ruin someones life.

Im not blaming myself im just saying that I cant believe that a game like the one I made could ruin someones life.

yah it is pretty crazy, but life is just like that. can't blame yourself for others, just keep on truckin' :)

dont be, my dad has read all the replies to this thread and apriciates all of them, hes currently doing house work right now :)

Wait? Your his son.

(Gosh I need to get up to speed with the members here, faster than I have been doing. *bangs head*)

No, I have just studied it enough. Several Government classes, A Constitutional Law class, several legal/criminal justice friends, and my Anthropology degree. (Of which, I am taking more classes on political and legal anthropology and Constitutional History)

Have you? I've got a criminal justice degree, I've taken a constitutional law class and many other criminal justice required classes, and on top of that my dad has been a cop for over 20 years.

Anthropology doesn't even have anything to do with this lol. Social sciences...

Edited by Hollowshield

@Hollowshield:

Social Models it does. As well as understanding people.

As to your degree, good luck. Last Criminal JUstice Major I talked to, had a textbook idea of probable cause, not an actual view of probable cause.

Edited by Mindrop

This is fucking stupid. You have to be at least 13 to register on websites like this, it's her parents fault. Plus, it's Cloudsdale, a place that is meant for stuff that ISN'T SERIOUS.

I'd say that Ol' Sarge should tell the parents about the age requirement, and the nature of the thread she posted in, and see how he feels about it then. Sarge did nothing wrong.

• Brohoof 9

Bless you, Sarge. You're a wise man and someone I have quite the respect for. The tracking down of your phone number is a shamefully paranoid and stalkerish action and the libel is quite shameful as well. In the words of the late Vaclav Havel, "Truth and love will prevail over lies and hatred." Knowing that, keep on truckin'.

• Brohoof 3

Interesting....

I've never participated in those kind of games as i have no intention to be im any kind of internet relationship, but I always saw them as harmless games, and they are. Of course I always assumed there were no 8 years old in this forum, but even if that is not completely true, it is still harmless (as long as none of us is actually a pedo who wants to get together with little kids, and i hope we aren't).

But here's the problem. Regardless of the fact we all know that it is, indeed just a harmless little game, how the hell are we supposed to explain that to the parent of an eight year old who tells their daddy that a man in a MY LITTLE PONY forum, wants to kiss her?

MY LITTLE PONY.

My little pony...

That sucks. I mean, if this were actually some sort of dating forum or simply a forum with a more mature central topic, then it wouldn't be such a problem, as it would be the parents fault that their kid is in a site not meant for kids, and probably pretending to be older (Now that I come to think about it, i used to do that...), but how the hell are we gonna explain the society that it happened on a My Little Pony forum meant for dudes? How the hell can we make them understand that grown men who watch MLP and tell little girls they will kiss them are not pedos?

I'm stumped

• Brohoof 1

I'm not even sure what to say right now this is just ridiculous... :blink:

The only point I can really express right now is that all the stuff you said about failing the brony community, thats rediculous, you didn't fail anyone.

We're a group of grown men (or at least close) who watch a show that has developed a sterotypical mindset of being exclusively for little girls. People who aren't bronies or pegasisters themselves cannot uderstand us and sadly, most people are terrified of what they don't understand. They will go to any lengths to justify their negativity towards us, convincing themselves that we're creeps, losers, gay, insane, bad in some way or another. Why would they try to understand and accept us when hating us is much easier? This misunderstanding will be taken as far it can go by the people who hear about it, to make them feel better about themselves. Bronies deal with this from everyone, sadly, you're getting alot more of it. My own mother refuses to acknowledge me as a brony and accepts me at all simply because I'm her son, a much easier version of the rejectment others like you have to suffer. Don't feel guilt for anything, by letting yourself believe you failed, you only fail yourself and make it that much more difficult. Remember the lesson every good brony should know, Haters Gonna Hate. You have nothing to be ashamed of, so don't let this jackass convince you otherwise.

Welcome to the Derpy contraversy round 2, and I think we all remember who won the first time, we got your back. :) /)

• Brohoof 1

I don't want to sound wrong here, but perhaps it would help Ol' Sarge if a mod completely obliterated the game section before it could be used in some kind of legal maneuvers. Delete all of it, and start fresh. Maybe even go as far as block the other party's IP address, so she can't get back onto the site at all.

PS. Mods, if you take my advice, delete this post too!

Edited by cuteycindyhoney
  • Brohoof 2

I am so sorry to hear that... I hope the best for you and your family. I hope that one day this can all be fixed and you can come back to our community...

There is really nothing I can say to help out... sorry. Luckily, most of the ponies here are good with that. Just know that we are all behind you. All of us.

• Brohoof 2

Aw, Sarge, you weren't even here for that long. It's just a forum game. I hope you can come back, good luck to you.

I can (sorta) see why a 8-year old would join this. Little girls like the show too.

Edited by Resolution

But here's the problem. Regardless of the fact we all know that it is, indeed just a harmless little game, how the hell are we supposed to explain that to the parent of an eight year old who tells their daddy that a man in a MY LITTLE PONY forum, wants to kiss her?

MY LITTLE PONY.

My little pony...

Easy. Show them that the majority of everyone in the forums is over the age of 18, and most are male

Aw, Sarge, you weren't even here for that long. It's just a forum game. I hope you can come back, good luck to you.

I can (sorta) see why a 8-year old would join this. Little girls like the show too.

Eeyup, I said in one of my posts they don't see the difference between a brony watching it, and a six year old girl Edited by Pinkazoid

I don't want to sound wrong here, but perhaps it would help Ol' Sarge if a mod completely obliterated the game section before it could be used in some kind of legal maneuvers. Delete all of it, and start fresh. Maybe even go as far as block the other party's IP address, so she can't get back onto the site at all.

PS. Mods, if you take my advice, delete this post too!

I must disagree with you there. I don't think deleting the game section will solve anything, and banning the little girl wouldn't be fair to her since it was her parents who reacted not her. Like I said before, all you can do in this situation is take what you can and move forward.
  • Brohoof 4

Dafuq?! Is it true? I lost all the hope in humanity right now. This is just stupid. They don´t know a thing about that game. I though the community is here to have fun and help each other, not to put others to the trouble. The good people are always punished for no reason. I wish you the best of all luck, Ol´Sarge. I hope justice has some sense.

The Mods are discussing on putting an age limit, so she might not even be able to return to the forums anyways....

and see, that is fair to me, because it's not punishing her for her parent's actions; if anything it's protecting her from finding the dark side of Brony-ism. I'm ok with, and support, an age minimum on the Forums.
  • Brohoof 3