Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Elric

Any Dreams?  

83 users have voted

1. 1. None/Good/Nightmares?

• None recently..
    • Been having great dreams!
    • *Shiver* Had some nightmares..

Last night I had one strange nightmare. I was playing one of my old games (Mythwar 2) and Pinkie Pie was playing too but I could also see her irl. I just logged on and I say hi to my guild and to Pinkie Pie, but I took a while to type it out and Pinkie started getting sad. She disappeared for a sec, and then all of a sudden I saw Zalgo Pinkie. Then I went from playing my game to watching a Youtube video and I could see different images flashing, some of Zalgo Pinkie, some general creepypasta/screamer images, and some images that were just random, and the whole time, I could hear Pinkie making some kind of noise that became the soundtrack to the video. I tried to lower the volume and I tried to get away but I couldn't, but luckily the dream ended before the video got to the end.

Last night i had a dream...

I forgot what happened!

I have only had 1 nightmare in the past 5 years and that wasn't even that bad! Most of my dreams consist of me going to school, forgetting something, coming back home and getting it. Repeat until i am late for school!

• 2 months later...

Back when I had a major obsession with Kingdom Hearts I once dreamed that I was Sora and I lived on Destiny Islands and I fought Heartless using my house key for a keyblade lol.

I remember there were different times when I dreamed I was an RPG videogame hero and I would slay dragons and other stuff with my sword.

And there was this one time when I had a dream that I got caught by a half-spider half-octopus half-caterpillar monster that was as big as my house! and it wrapped it's tentacles around my leg and started sucking my blood and marrow out! and I was trying to break free with a pair of scissors! O_O And just when I thought I was gonna get eaten a hunter named Clayton appeared out of nowhere and blew it up with a grenade! O_O

And there was also a time when I dreamed I was kidnapped and tied up and put in a car by Harry and Marv from that movie called Home Alone. And then I transformed into the Human Torch from The Fantastic 4 and I flew through the air and burned them up...O_O

Yeah I have issues...

I remember a dream in particular that was very cartoon-esque where I was in New York City and the Empire State Building, Statue of Liberty, Twin Towers, Brooklyn Bridge, and various other New York landmarks were anthropomorphic characters that chased me around a white background. It was weird. lol

I don't have dreams all that often, and there's only two I remember.

The first is from when I was maybe six or seven. In it, I was in a department store, in the clothing section. At the far corner was an entrance that led to the elevators. Where I was, not far from the elevators, there was a cave dug into the wall, maybe ten, fifteen metres deep, pretty wide. Real stony walls too, not like concrete. Being a cave, there were cave paintings on the wall, which were being painted by my mum, who had paint cans scattered around.

The paint that had dripped from the brush and tins all sorta... Pulled itself together into this hulking paint monster... troll... thing. It grabbed my mum and carried her away screaming around the corner to the elevators. I chased after it and rounded the corner but there was nothing. Just people acting normal, using the elevators. The last thing I felt before I woke up was utter helplessness. 

Needless to say I barely left my mum for the next few days.

The other one was just a few months ago. A bit more abstract.

It's night time and me and my dad pull into a restaurant's car park. It's pretty big for the small restaurant, only a few cars parked around, no traffic about, and the whole place is lit by a couple lamp posts and surrounded by trees. 

We go into the restaurant and take a seat in the back at a small table. The inside is quite nicely decorated - old fashioned pub style. I'm looking around at the walls, noticing the frilly lampshades on the wall, and as I turn back to my dad, everything's suddenly dark, like all the lights had gone out. Which they had. But my dad was gone too, and so was all the general hubbub of the restaurant. I walked outside the back of the building into the car park. All the street lights had gone out, and all the cars had disappeared. The only thing around was this... ball of light, in the middle of the car park. I started walking towards it, and noticed this tendril of shadow reaching for it too. So I started to run, to reach the light before the shadow. It was a long run, but I lunged for the ball, before the tendril could grab it, and was instantly back in the restaurant, lights on, general hubbub back to normal, and my dad asking me if I was alright. 

Yeah... couple of unusual dreams. A friend of mine says he can control his dreams - can anyone here control their dreams? Seems like that would be an amazing thing to be able to do, though I'd never want to wake up :o

I had a dream just today where me and another person were sitting on what looked like a park bench except it sat really close to the ground and it had a wheel on either side instead of legs. The wheels looked sort of like yellow hoses and we would blow into the hoses' ends to drive the bench. It was so weird, we drove through what looked like a park, passed by a guy wearing a turban who did a handstand to dodge us and then out into the street, dodging traffic (oddly enough, oncoming traffic was on the right side so I must have been in a foreign land). If you're wondering how we managed to steer, well, the ends that we blew into to move also allowed us to steer by tugging in the direction we wanted to turn. 

I don't get it. Where were we going? Who was this other person? I don't know why but I get the feeling it was some kind of strange take on a romantic stroll through town.

I once had a dream so morbidly serene that it centered around a quiet nuclear apocalypse that happened around the world as life unnaturally distorted to a nightmarish vision of destruction and death, from a bunch of skulls in Siberia to the inferno of London to the disfigurement and deception of supposed visual features that were of elsewhere.

(edited)

Had a few strange dreams since I came to Roscoff.

One was a "real-world" kind, where I find myself in the same place as I actually am (the student room, in this case).

Lying on my bed, I used my willpower to lift the blanket, though it was really slow. Then I imagined a shadow sitting at the desk opposite, and it suddenly leapt over to me. I actually could've tried to hug it or something, but I instinctively decided to protect myself. XD

In another, I was flying really fast, though I don't remember the scenery. Also a couple other "adventure"-ish dreams, though I didn't keep them in mind because there were no new ideas.

Edited by Feather Spiral

Every time I try to fly in my dream; even in lucid dreaming, I always fly for a few seconds and have trouble going higher or I  just fall to the ground :P It always pisses me of whenever I'm trying to run away from the people in my dreams...

• Brohoof 1

My weirdest dream was me and my brother doing a puzzle in the dead of night. I was sucked out of my chair, but then I woke up and we were having pancakes for breakfast and I was telling my family about my dream... then I woke up. O_o This was years before Inception came out, by the way.

I also had a reoccurring nightmare as a 6-10 year old that the air vent above me would come down and... get me. I don't really know. :P

• Brohoof 1

I always have horrifying dreams where I am chased and killed.  I have had them since I was young and very very rarely do I have any mundane or positive dreams. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Well, if anyone's interested in lucid and/or controlled dreaming (to stop nightmares for example), remember four things are necessary for success. They were already mentioned, but it wouldn't hurt to repeat them, if not at least to bring it to the topic's new viewers' attention.

- Make the decision when you go to bed. And prepare yourself and your environment in consequence - if you sleep better in a warm environment, like me, turn up the heat (or better, add layers to cover yourself better).

- Stay calm when you realize you're "in", because emotion can wake you up. Until you have enough willpower to hold back, find ways to channel the excitement, such as spinning or flailing.

- Try to remember as much as you can, writing the details for example and even talking about them to the people around you.

- PATIENCE PATIENCE PATIENCE and practice. Like, a shitton of them, as it can take from weeks to months to achieve lucid and controlled dreaming. This quality is overlooked by a lot of people but is necessary for many skills; you can't tell someone (like me) that they're "lucky" to have lucid dreams, any more than you can tell a musician that they're lucky to be able to read a partition.

Edited by Feather Spiral

Lucid dreams are no fun.

It takes away the whole meaning of the dreams.

And also its magic.

It's like mind control.

You can make people love you, but you always know that it's not true.

Oh, I keep having this wonderful recurring dream. I'm 13 years old, talking to a bunch of adult men who like My Little Pony online! 

Actually, I think it might be happening right now.... XD

Okay, to be serious here, I never really remember my dreams for more than a few days. I'll share some when I have some. :P

Lucid dreams are no fun.

It takes away the whole meaning of the dreams.

And also its magic.

It's like mind control.

You can make people love you, but you always know that it's not true.

That's not how lucid dreaming works.

For one, lucid does not equal controlled; you can be aware of being in a dream, but not interfere with it.

For two, the meaning stays intact; in fact, since the content is easier to recall, it's also easier to analyze later.

For three, if you had actually bothered to read replies made by lucid dreamers like me, you would've noticed a lot of them actually are really fun.

For four, the things you see in a dream can be representations of real things, and that doesn't change when you become aware of being in a dream.

For five... ermmm. PANCAKES.

one of my vivid dreams: 

I'm standing on my sofa with my hair in the wind, The mast was half way, I was sailing on my sofa... in the Pacific... then there was some sort of pirate boat... and there was a battle! my sofa vs a pirate ship! (idk I somehow had a cannon installed into my sofa) and i sunk that ship!

I should probably post here before I forget it, but chances are I won't. You see, for as long as I remember, I have had these...strange dreams, where everything is perfectly fine the first moment, then I 'wake up' (dream within a dream), and everything spirals downhill abruptly. Case in point? Last night.

Spoilered because it was mainly a nightmare.

I don't really remember the exact details of the innermost dream, which is completely normal for me. It's the outermost where everything begins to scare the everloving shit out of me. I kid you not. Last night, I woke up from a rather normal dream within my main dream (or so I remember), and I wake up in my room. Everything was pretty normal. I walk out of my room and walk towards the bathroom across the hall, only to notice a strange cabinet of sorts just inside the open doorway, half of it masked by the cutout of the wall to the right of the door. When I reached in to turn on the light, I practically jumped out of my skin as a shadowy pitch black hand arm ripped from inside the cabinet and grabbed my leg, then started to drag me towards it. I fought it as much as I could, screaming bloody murder, then I woke up when whatever was inside decided to jump out at me.

Can't really say I'm surprised, I was playing Dead Space last night. *shrug* Most of my dreams involve shadowy creatures appearing from seemingly nowhere and attacking me. I just...can't really explain it.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

The weirdest dream I ever had? This one time, I dreamt I was in a video game with PS1 style graphics. I looked and spoke like a redneck, and I lived in a trailer in a jungle.

But scariest? Well, when I was like six, I had a dream that I was at my grandparents' house, and there were people scrubbing the floor. I get up to go outside, and I accidentally hit one of the people. He screamed "Get him!", and they all started chasing me. I tried to run, but I felt like everything was in slow motion. I feel, and tried to scream, but nothing would come out. Then I woke up.

Also, I can't remember most dreams I've had recently. It sucks and I hate it.

Edited by Callisto

So I got Legolas shut in a kind of basement among a tree's roots, and then decided to get him back out for some reason. I could see his (neutral) face behind the roots, but instead of getting through them, a trapdoor opened and formed a kind of steep ramp; I had to go down below the ground, into who knew what labyrinth, and find a way to Legolas's prison.

I never got to do that though, I had a false awakening where I was with my parents and sister in a "home".

I was pretending to be asleep so my sister wouldn't bother me, but she still came in and did so (like she does when I take a nap, or tries to in the morning). I again pretended to wake up (though I didn't exaggerate the disturbance, it really REALLY put a strain on my nerves, because my wake time is already painfully stimulating and I actually NEED the calm when resting) and tried to react, but I had sleep paralysis, like I often do in false awakenings or night terrors.

In the end, I decided not to talk to anyone that "morning" because I was so upset and stressed, but that's when I woke up for real.

When I was a kid, I had a dream that I was in New York, trying to hide from Mickey Mouse who was somewhat like a Mafia Leader. It was way more better than the dream about the T-Rex who comes out of nowhere and starts eating my house while I was in the kitchen washing dishes.

(edited)

I remember having the two of the scariest fucking dreams I've ever had at the age of 7.

In one everything around me began to just erode and fade like the entire image decided to melt. I watched as my family withered into nothing before my eyes.

The other one involved me being in some strange construction site. Of course I was being hunted  by a black panther.

Another random dream that I had involved my death, who would have thought

Basically I kept switching  between driving a car and a bus, don't know why but the vehicle I was driving just kept changing. Anyways I was driving the bus and came to a 90 degree turn on a cliff face. The bus went off the cliff and I woke up just as it slammed head first into the ocean.

Another odd dream that I had was that the Mummy, from the movie, was chasing me. But I reached my mammoth beany baby,yes I used to have a few, and it grew to the size of skyscraper with me on it's back. I think it destroyed the mummy with it's foot, but then we were attacked by pirates who boarded the side of the mammoth. 

That's all I got for now, I usually have dreams that I remember.

Oh wait I have one more, derp. I think we have all had a dream where we are late for school/ turn something in late.

Edited by Dark Moon

Dream: I was able to be with one of my favorite actresses and lets just say some nice stuff happened "if you know what I mean".wink.png

Nightmare: Back on the serious note, I once had a nightmare that I was getting stung by thousands of bees. I have a bad phobia to all bees and wasps and that nightmare was just horrible. If I see one bee, I run as fast as a man trying to be first at the DMV.

(edited)

My craziest dream would be this one time I knife-fought Santa Claus in a battlefield. It was part of a longer lucid dream where I was being chased by hired goons sent by my mother after I discovered she was secretly the head of an organized crime syndicate.

Come to think of it, being chased is a bit of a recurring theme in my non-sexual lucid dreams. There was one time I was being chased around my house by a serial killer (which surprisingly wasn't all that scary), being chased around my house and yard by a magical demon train (that was capable of going off-rail), being chased through the forest by a demon, being chased through a slightly-futuristic city by Professor Moriarty and his goons (who was after my pet snake for some reason, it turned dark towards the end when he kidnapped my mother), and an inversion where I was chasing after a car in a gothic city.

As for nightmares, I don't get nightmares very often; I usually just get 'moderately unpleasant' dreams. But there were three I can remember clearly that seriously disturbed me after I woke up: The first was back in middle school that's too personal for me to describe, the second was sometime last year where I was being stalked by Slenderman inside of a building, and the most recent one early this month was where I dreamed my best friend was killed in a car accident (I had to hug him the next time I saw him).

So, yeah, go ahead and psychoanalyse that if you'd like.

Edited by Jadefire