Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Elric

Any Dreams?  

83 users have voted

1. 1. None/Good/Nightmares?

• None recently..
    • Been having great dreams!
    • *Shiver* Had some nightmares..

So, talk about all of your crazy dreams here.

I used to have one every night, but lately I have been having boring ones so I just choose to forget them when I wake up. I typically record my dreams in a journal to keep track of them all. I have had dreams that felt real, and ridiculous ones like a giant octagon flying over my house. That was the most recent.

(If you didn't know, I am fascinated with dreams. I always like studying the science behind dreams when I have free time)

• Brohoof 2

Uh, every once in a while, I jerk, like I fell in bed. weird huh?

Other than that, I don't really dream too much.

Also this is a fact: I don't have never had nightmares. True story. ;)

• Brohoof 2

That happens to me here and there; usually it'll happen when I stumble or fall in a dream. Bit of a rude awakening, that. As far as nightmares go, I've read a number of studies and such that have suggested that playing video games, of all things, makes you less succeptable to nightmares.

As for my dreams... they tend to be nonsensical at best; the one I remember most clearly is from several years ago.

I was camping with my father in Southern Oregon, and at some point decided to go hiking around the camp area by myself at night... eventually I found (keep in mind this is in Oregon) an abandoned underground nazi laboratory...

... inside of which I ended up doing battle with the ghost of Hitler.

• Brohoof 5

My dreams are always full of the most purest form of ridiculousness and awesome, and no dream of mine has ever come close to being possible in reality. Often in my dreams I can defy gravity one way or another, often I actually have a pair of very large wings. I mean very large, as in large enough to actually allow for a 160 pound male to easily take flight, yet somehow able to compact to the point where they are not easily seen. Sometimes I can't quite FLY though, such as my last dream which I will go into the details about right now.

It started off with me playing golf with my co-workers, all the ones that I actually enjoy the company of anyways. And we were haveing a wonderful time, and for some reason I needed to get somewhere very quickly. I prepared myself, started sprinting in the direction I needed to be, and then Jumped. Well, I took off at around 60 miles per hour through the air, and there was a brightly colored rainbow following behind as I breezed through the air. Because I oculdn't quite jump as far as I needed to be, I hit the ground, quite forceful and violently, yet got up unscathed. I just took another sprint and jump, and off I went again. This happened multiple times, until I got to my destination, which I don't really remember much about, I only remember the epic parts really. I finished gathering whatever it was I needed, then took back off to the golf course. When I landed near my co-workers, I hit the ground, at a very high speed, rolled around, smacked into large slab of concrete, and still got up unscathed. My Supervisor walked up to me, and she laughed and asked "How is it that you can do that without hurting yourself". I responded with a phrase I commonly use at work, "You certainly ought to know by now, I'm immune to concussive force!" (I say that often at work, cause I am constantly getting pummeled by heavy boxes, and do not get phased in the slightest. In fact today I bent over to pick up a box, and on my way back up got smacked in the back of the head with a 12 pack of Salsa, weighing about 25 pounds, then just continued my job without a care)

Anyways, that's pretty much a typical dream for me. They vary widely in different forms of silliness, but never make the slightest bit of sense. And as for nightmares, I never have them. I'm too much of an optimist to have negative dreams.

• Brohoof 1

I have a lot of dreams which are really weird, long and complicated and I get them everynight :D I get A LOT of lucid dreams but it's not that cool because I like seeing things pan out. The one dream I had which was really short and weird was just me watching my friend brushing her teeth,,, honestly that's it, she was standing there brushing her teeth :huh:

I only bother to remember dreams with ponies in them. Otherwise they're confusing and stupid.

A few nights ago I dreamed of playing Halo: Reach with Rainbow Dash, I don't even mean like, splitscreen or online, the actual PONY was in the game. With a frikin' DMR. I was dissapointed I woke from that one xD

my mind usually enjoys cooking up all kinds of tunes when i sleep, usually when i'm about to wake up.

then i shortly forget them.

this time, i heard a generic pop-esque song with generic pop-esque lyrics.

oh, if i only could remember the goddamn lyrics, at least...

That happens to me here and there; usually it'll happen when I stumble or fall in a dream. Bit of a rude awakening, that.

Same happens to me xD

I have very few dreams but when I do they tend to be really intense.

I don't really have nightmares, I'm never helpless in my dreams. I'll never be running away from a monster, I will be fighting it with a sword or something.

(edited)

I don't have nightmares, but more like disaster dreams. What I mean by that is that they are dreams where something terrible goes on and goes wrong and when i'm about to face the consequences of the dream (say death, punishment, etc.) I wake up. They are really kind of disappointing dreams and are similar to nightmares. I had a dream about school last night. I parents made me transfer to a different high school which was a rival of my original high school. I just remember being upset about it, that was basically the whole dream.

Edited by SDY

My dreams can be very vivid, or very vague, but it depends on the night. I also don't have nightmares because I am aware that I am dreaming. This doesn't mean that I don't have dreams that would be classified as scary. I've had dreams where people have intended to hurt me and I have to run away, but I know in the dream that it is a dream, so it just provides some adrenalin and entertainment. One time I watched Inception before I went to bed. In my dream I was practicing lucid dreaming by falling asleep really fast and then falling into another dream. Dream within a dream baby haha.

Why is it that I can never run in my dreams?

Even when I am lucid dreaming the act of running is always impossible and by that I mean I'll literally move in slow motion or will have some sort of feeling of exhaustion that stops me from running. :/

Even when I am lucid dreaming the act of running is always impossible and by that I mean I'll literally move in slow motion or will have some sort of feeling of exhaustion that stops me from running. :/

I can't remember a dream where I was actually running. I do remember flying on a dragon though. That dream was probably the best dream I have ever had.

Here are a few I posted on a different forum. Copypasted so I don't have to type then again. 

Here's the first of 3. Warning, they're all pretty long, except the last one. 

Just had another totally "what the f*** am I on" dream. 

I wasn't actually in the dream, it was like watching a movie. 

in the garage of my old house, and there's this animated baby and a ferret running around. Some dudes in a military truck drive up and Tom cruise gets out dressed as his mission impossible character. He pulls out a gun and starts walking toward the baby and ferret, who see him coming. They merge, gotenks style, and totally book it out of the neighborhood. Seriously, they were running like 100 mph. Tom cruise gets in his truck and starts chasing them into the distance. 

Cut to a summer camp in the middle of the woods. There are some kids playing, and then you see some ninjas. 3 kinds of ninja to be exact, traditional ninjas, ninja gaiden ninjas, and naruto ninjas. Sakura, tsunade, and some random ninja are standing around talking. Sakura says "he's nearly as powerful as us, but he's still 6 and doesn't know how to control it". tsunade and the random ninja both nod.

Cut back to Tom cruise. He's in some abandoned military base walking around, where he finds a giant wall-e. Except it's not a robot, it's just a mech that looks like wall-e. Anyway, he gets in and starts driving it around and shoots some missiles at the door and blows it up. 

Back to the ninja summer camp. Flynn senior from tron legacy shows up and sends out this wave of energy. It hits some ninjas and has no visible effect, in fact most don't even seem to notice it. He moves around the camp, sending out the energy wave every minute or so. 

Elsewhere in the camp, we see Tarzan and one of his gorilla buddies. They're eating bananas and talking wih some random naruto ninjas when the energy wave hits them. They're like "wtf" and get all scared. Flynn notices them and walks closer and hits them with another wave of energy. This time, their illusion is broken, and it's the kid with the ferret from before. They do the gotenks transformation and start running away from Flynn.

They get away and stop to rest in a clearing. Then they get hit with some marbles. Ball from o-parts hunter steps out (not very well known manga. Ball has these 4 little golf ball sized balls he controls with magnetism. He's really smart and powerful, but also a bit of an idiot at times). ball starts talking to the ferrent kid and keeps hitting him with the marbles. This goes on for awhile, until the ferret kid manages to run away and then somehow flies using his tail. Anyway, he hits the ground and a swat team comes out and captures him, and then a dude from men in black shoots him with a laser and he sits back into the kid and the ferret. They put them in separate crates and start carrying them away when Tom cruise comes back in his wall-e mech and shoots them with a ton of missiles. Somehow the kid survives and hoenheim from fullmetal alchemist pops in, transmutes a mad cat (a type of mech from mech warrior) out of the ground, and leaves. Ferret kid gets in the mech and pwns Tom cruise. Flynn comes back and hacks into the mech and it explodes, killing the ferret kid. The scrap metal rebuilds itself into bender (futurama obviously), who punches Flynn in the face and then goes to a bar. Next few minutes were bender drinking beer. 

The end. 

And number 2:

So it starts out, I'm driving somewhere in my moms SUV. I stop somewhere to go to the bathroom. It's the bad part of town, btw. So I'm in the bathroom pissing, when some Mexican guy who looks like Santana but shorter steals my keys. I finish, zip my pants up, and start chasing him. For some reason I had a knock in my pocket, so I pull it out and the guy takes the knife and gives me the keys back and says "good trade". I'm thinking "wtf just happened?" but rolled with it since I had the keys, and I don't think it was my knife anyway.

I go back to my moms car and there's this fat kid there. I look at him kinda weird and get in the car. He follows me in, sits in the passenger seat and is like "where are we going". I'm just like "wtf are you doing, get out of my car." and he doesn't get out. So I start driving, and pretend to run out of gas. So I stop the car, and we get out. I push him on the ground and stand on his chest and say "you stay the f*** out of my car" and he says okay, so I get in the car, only to find that I really am out of gas. Still not sure where I was driving, but apparently it was really important that I get there because I took a bike out of the trunk and started riding it to my destination. The fat kid jumps on the back of the bike. I tried elbowing him off but it didn't work. 

So I'm riding this bike with like 200 extra pounds of kid on the back, and it is difficult. I ride through several small towns, but this kid will not get off. So I stop at mcdonalds and say "hey, I've been a dick to you, I wanna make up for it so I'll buy you some food." he's like "hell yeah and orders a big Mac with fries and a drink. I buy it, and he goes to sit down. Then I grab his bag of food and run out and get on my bike and leave the kid there while he was trying to get his fat ass out of the bench seat. Finally, I've gotten rid of the kid. 

So I reach my destination, which is an airport. My family is there, and they didn't ask where my moms car was for some reason. We go in. Turns out its a magical teleportation airport, so we end up in Japan a few seconds later. My moms car is there waiting for us, with a full tank of gas. We get in and start driving, until we see a dead naked girl on the side of the road. I get out, and some policeman is like "hey, you can't come over here" and I say "as a tourist, it is my right to take pictures with any weird s*** I come across." so he let's me take pictures with the dead girl (I'm actuay not sure why I wanted to in the first place).

We keep driving and reach our hotel, which had the most amazing f***ing arcade ever. I go to the time crisis looking game, and when I put my yen in, I get sucked into the game. I choose a weapon, some armor, etc. Then I got shoot the f*** out of some aliens. My weapon had 3 settings, shotgun, grenade launcher, and laser guided acid spitter. I don't even know how that last one works, but it toally f*** s*** up. I killed a bunch of aliens, and then an objective screen came up and told me to go into the forest to fight the boss. Then my mom comes into the game and tells me not to go. I tell her that i got this, so she hands me $20 and says it'll help.

then I woke up :/

And number 3:

I was on a team of LoL characters fighting against of a team of TF2 characters. since we had magic, killing them wasn't that difficult, but their respawn times are so much lower, so the few times we did die hurt a lot more. We were also outnumbered by about 2 to 1. The battle took place at night in this really creepy corn field that reminded me too much of children of the corn. Eventually we won, and i found out what it was we had been fighting over. 

A tattoo parlor over to the side of the corn field. Except it was a magical tattoo parlor, the tattoos moved and stuff. Hulk Hogan was one of the tattoo artists, he gave this guy a moving ghost rider tattoo on his chest. It was pretty badass.

Yeah... I'm pretty weird. 

last night i dreamed i was walking to my house and the sides of the road were on fire... i called and told my aunt. she laughed and said i was crazy. then i fast-traveled home like on skyrim :P

My dreams are full of tantalizing and me almost getting things I want, but I never quite get them. There's often also a lot of figures insulting me. Like a walrus man who insulted my sex life. Not really nightmares though. They don't bother me that much. They seem nonsensical, but I can usually detect what causes a lot of them. Nowadays, I often dream about my boyfriend since that's what's on my mind the most.

But here's the scariest dream I've ever had. It's not as scary reading it... But experiencing it? Holy s***.

So in my dream, it was a normal day of school, we walked to the cafeteria with my teacher and classmates. (now I know this part sounds silly, but afterwards... It isn't... It just f***ing isn't. To think my mind could create this monstrosity of a dream in grade 2... I honestly still am a bit scared when walking in those rusted hallways) So for whatever reason, we walked up to the walk-in freezer and well... Walked inside. Inside there was this block of ice, with a shadowy humanoid outline in it. I can't remember what my teacher said then, but the ice started cracking. I, somehow knowing better, started running from the scene, into the rusted and dimly lit hallway in the back of our school. Just then I heard a scream. A bloodcurdling, insane, scream as if someone was being murdered. Then I heard little kid screams, and my classmates started running up towards me. I told everyone to run, and as we went around the corner, I caught a glimpse of a huge, shaggy creature with long metal claws covered in blood, following us. (imagine how terrified I would be at such a young age) then I screamed "RUUUUN!!!!!!" to everyone at the top of my lungs, and we all took off as fast as we could. Those that lagged behind... Dear god. One by one, the ones who didn't make it around the corner fast enough were grabbed by the long metal claws and blood sprayed on the wall behind me. I think by the time we reached this metal room there was 6 out of 23 of us still alive. We locked the huge metal door... We put everything in the room on that door. But I kept running. I ran to the next hallway as I heard the door being smashed open, and the screams of my classmates. Then I seen the door to outside. There it was. My savior. Not quite. The door was locked. I looked behind me. And there it was, the demon, the monstrosity that had slaughtered my friends. It slowly walked towards me, not even uttering the tiniest sound. I slammed on the door endlessly and finally it opened. But I would not experience freedom. Outside the door was... Nothing. Absolutely nothing, just empty darkness. And guess what happened when I turned around? The demon was staring at me. It pulled up it's claws... I couldn't move... My legs wouldn't work... Oh god.

And that's the scariest dream I've experienced.

Edited by toothlessbrony

I used to have serious nightmares.

The weird thing is when I woke up I had no memory of them, my parents told me I would cry for about an hour sometimes and I did sometimes wake up with my mom holding me...but I couldn't remember ever having the nightmare .___.

One time I had the nightmare but it was more of a lucid dream so I knew I was dreaming and all I saw was changing shapes and changing colors. I don't know why but somehow they were very disturbing looking. WTF??? I had nightmares over changing shapes and colors <.<

My legs never work right either but what I think it is for me is that when my mind wants to run in my dreams my body, which is paralyzed because I'm sleeping, won't move so that non-moving of my body transfers to my dreams. I can feel it after I wake up that my body had been trying to run even though I was asleep.

I dunno if it's the same for you or not but I think it's the mind's way of stopping the body from running around while you sleep.

• Brohoof 1

My legs never work right either but what I think it is for me is that when my mind wants to run in my dreams my body, which is paralyzed because I'm sleeping, won't move so that non-moving of my body transfers to my dreams. I can feel it after I wake up that my body had been trying to run even though I was asleep.

I dunno if it's the same for you or not but I think it's the mind's way of stopping the body from running around while you sleep.

sounds possible, I never thought of it like that.

Last night i had a pretty nasty dream (After watching final destination 5, no suprise) about somebody predicting my death. I wont get into it, but at first i thought it was all silly, then things started to turn out exactly as this guy had told me and... well...

I died. On a toilet.

But the night before i had a great dream about Rainbow Dash! Sombody was racing her and i was watching from the ground! Best dream ever!