Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How did you create your OC Pony?

DJ-P0n-3

Got help from a friend when your OC pony design was still in the works? Picked a random name out of a sorting hat? Post about how in the world you came up with those fabulous OC ponies here!

I remember how I made Vera(she's a pegasus scientist) fully. I even have the chat log that took place!

My texts are labeled Me,and my other friends posts who shall not be named are simply Friends 1 and 2.

Friend 2: let's roleplay poooniess~

Me: LOL SURE

Friend 1: okay then!

Friend 2: YAAAY I CAN USE MEADOWWWW

Friend 1: TALONONONON

Friend 2: lol kitsu you don't have a OC pony?

Me: lolnope.

Me: I'LL COME UP WITH ONE WITH THE FORCE OF A COURSING TYPHOOON

Me: LOL she'll be a pegasus scientist with professors and stuff!

Me: and the name shall beeeeee....(i need a drumroll please)

Friend 1: BADUMDUMDUM

Friend 2: DOUBLE BADUMDUMDUM

Me:.....ALOE!

Friends 1 & 2: LOOOL ALOE IS A SPA PONY

Me: come on it was the first thing that came up in my head!

Me: NEW NAME TIME! *strikes pose*

Me: (ALOE) VERA

Me: THE LOTION

Friends 1 & 2: PERFECT

Me: I SHALL ROLEPLAY WITH THIS BEAUTIFUL PONY

Me: WHILE YOU'RE SITTING THERE CRYING AT THE BEAUTIFUL NAME I CAME UP WITH.

ridiculousness aside,tell me how you came up with those OC's!

• Brohoof 1

I came up with mine when I was in a brony Mumble chat group and everyone there had an OC so I thought I should make one. There was a running joke going on involving the fact that no one had the name Dave, so that's what I named him.

I designed him with generalzoi's pony creator and I liked the look so I use the same design when I draw him. Not sure where I came up with the cutie mark. It looks a lot like one in the show but it's a little different. I came up with his hobbies after I saw some "dat ass" pictures and I wanted him to have a love interest so I chose Fluttershy since she was my favorite pony at the time.

post-37-0-42671200-1317776114_thumb.jpg

• 9 months later...

I dreamt of her just rotating and spitting out yays. Woke up, she was sitting in my awesome chair like Lyra is seen doing. I blinked, but she didn't leave. She was a tulpa--tulpa was her first word in 'this' world. She told me about herself and made me write it down, that way if she ever 'dies', I can recreate her.

But when I tried to make the picture to your left, she was trying to pull apart my laptop...something about a blasphemy...

(edited)

Careful drawing and obsessive design to try to capture myself in pony form as much as possible. The first time I drew Artsy Dreamscapes, the colour scheme was completely different.

After several months, I went back to redesign, redid the colours, and changed her to an earth pony. A quick reconsideration caused me to change her back to a unicorn. At this point, I had the colours crystalized. I also had from the beginning my three main accessories in real life; my flower, glasses, and necklace. They were all set too. The mane is what plagued me the most. After some careful and extreme simplification of my own hair, I managed to design a mane that is to my knowledge rather unique, and makes her quite distinguishable.

Then the name. She used to be called Fire Lily, as an attempt to explain the abstract cutie mark. (Which was burning down forests with fire magic and replanting lilies and such in their place) However, I had to change her name and special talent as it did not reflect my abilities to the slightest. I renamed her Artsy Dreamscapes, and made her special talent represent creativity and art, explaining the symbol that is her cutie mark as one of her most notable creations.

In other words, I spend too much time designing versions of myself.

Edited by Sorceress Arylett

there was one named Apple Wisp in a short story I wrote called Clover Goes to Equestria, but she doesn't say much, then there's Blossomforth, who actually exists

Posted Image

I jokingly call her an OC, saying how I was too lazy to merely make one so I just took a background pony and presto, OC (she even has a toy, which I have...)

I based my OC off currently what I am doing, and will be doing in the future! I work as a networking administrator for my college, and various small places such as BronyCon's website systems. So if they break, sadly that is on me :(

I also am studying Information Security and Forensics, and love wearing suits when the occasion calls for it. I plan to work for the private sector, or the government in the field of cyber-crime.

Posted Image

• Brohoof 1

Sometimes I just randomly draw a pony. And then it is a new pony. But they never looked the same. So I decided to make one just for me that would always look the same, and she would be just like me and she would be awesome. The hardest part was the name, but Moon Myth suits me pretty well. Although I'm not so sure I like her design anymore. :/ Stupid me, being all flightly like that.

Nightfall, my original OC, was made when I thought I needed one. I came up Witt the name after deciding ONTHE colors of his coat and mane. Solara, my second OC, was made when I wanted a story idea but didn't want Nightfall to be the actual antagonist. I decided to later add some kind of twist and made Greylight, Solara's sister.

Mine is all me and the closest hair. Then based the color off of Flutteryellow cause that matched the best, not to mention I have a Fluttershy obsession. Then i'm a blankflank cause i'm still young irl. I don't know what I wish to do in the future yet.

1. Played Phoenix Wright

2. Wondered if there were any Phoenix Wright ponies in the world.

3. ???

4. Profit.

well...

i used to play minecraft a lot and then one day i rped on a server with a guy named sky who was my boyfriend then i dumped him and i came up with a princess called lily who had pink hair etc. when i became obsessed with ponies i made my oc to act, talk and look like her and it... was... awesome...

*gasp*

(just imagine i said it really fast)