Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music Favourite Singer or Music Group?

PonyTrollz

A bit out of the norm so here goes, Blind Guardian and Ensiferum. Most of my favorite bands are foreign.

Edited by Infinite Sky
  • Brohoof 3

I'm the biggest fan out there of e-dubble. A rapper who actually talks about stuff besides alcohol, partying, etc. Check him out on YT, you won't regret it.

My favorite band is Coheed and Cambria!

I just love the concept and story that surrounds their heavy progressive rock music!

Music that tells a story is fantastic, especially if the band decides to write comic books and a novel to go along with it!

Not to mention today is a GREAT DAY to be a Coheed and Cambria fan because they just dropped a new single today as well as opened preorders for the Deluxe Edition for their upcoming Double Album!

So excited I changed my avatar and everything! :D

• Brohoof 1

If i have to choose only one, I must say: Metallica. They introduced me to the world of metal. My other favorites are: Slayer, Arch Enemy, Avenged Sevenfold and many many more.

Edited by Spatsi
  • Brohoof 1

I can't really point out a single band, but heres a few of my favourites:

Sabaton

Amon Amarth

Manowar

Black Sabbath

Metallica (i actually like their new stuff too)

Arch Enemy

Nightwish

Evanesence

In short, metal which isnt just mindless pounding and in which you can actually understand the lyrics :)

EDIT: forgot sabaton, their also one of my fav.

Edited by Tol'Satha
  • Brohoof 5

Metallica

Buckethead (not a singer, but a freaking awesome guitarist)

Black Sabbath

MandoPony (yeah I consider him one of my favorites.)

Skillet

Anthrax

Winger

Accept

Iron Maiden

Judas Priest

5 for fighting

The BEATLES

Megadeth

Monkees

SLAYER

I think that sums it up...

• Brohoof 4

What's your favourite music group or singer?

This is perhaps a more difficult question for me than most, since I listen to only the singles and most famous songs by any particular artist. Therefore, there are no artists which I have seen in concert, no artists for which I collect all their albums, and no artists that I keep tabs on to see when they are touring or their next album is coming. I can only judge by these singles and most famous songs.

But even then, what criteria should be used in this determination? To me, it would have to be some combination of quantity and quality of songs that I like. But how do I weight these? Is one great song better than two good songs or three okay songs? Performing these calculations for every artist in my music library would be too exhausting. So, I have to pass on this question. There are many great artists out there, too many for me to pick one.

OH! I got three for you! In first place comes Linkin Park, In second comes Avenged Sevonfold, In third comes MonsterCat. Linkin Park and Avenged Sevenfold are well know but I think MonsterCat deserves more attention! http://www.youtube.com/user/MonstercatMedia?feature=watch He is incredibly talented and sadly under known!

Many artists I tend to enjoy and love to listen to. I always preferred soundtrack music, due to my dream of being a filmmaker. I believe that music is a great source to be used and cared majorly within any film. I'll listen anything, except country. Nothing against it, just not for me but I do have some exceptions.

My favorite band is probably Killswitch Engage since I like most of their songs. It's a very hard decision, though, since I like many bands including Parkway Drive, A Day to Remember, As I Lay Dying, etc. I also like dubstep and other electronic music on top of that.

• Brohoof 1

My favourite bands have to go to Coroner, Strapping Young Lad and Evile. There are some new bands I've been listening to that's quickly becoming one of my top listens, but it's always come down to those three.

• Brohoof 1

Can't decide between Ayreon, Dream Theater, and Symphony X. Those are my 3 favorite bands, but which I like best changes all the time. Lately, I've preferred Symphony X.

Others high on my list are Opeth, Kamelot, System of a Down, Epica, and SikTh.

Sometimes I get in a really 70s/early 80s mood and just listen to Dire Straits, Journey, Eagles, stuff like that all day :)

And then of course, we can't forget electronic, which I'm still just getting in to. Pretty much anything with a good beat is good enough for me, but the more bass, the better. Headhunterz and Black Sun Empire is mostly what I've been listening to in that regard, lately. Armin van Buuren, Prodigy, and a little Chemical Brothers when I'm feeling more mellow.

Edited by Evilshy and His Own Ego

My favorite is a tie between the Beatles and Coldpplay. However, when it comes to Coldplay, their new stuff is really... meh.

Edited by NastyMann

My favourite singer is definetly Dave Mustaine*. Or maybe I am undecided between him and Till Lindemann. And even though that, my favourite group is The Dead 60s. I also have Apocalyptica as one of my favourite groups, and many other metal related bands.

Edited by Devious Detonation

I'd have to give that honor to Alice Cooper. He introduced me to Metal when I was like three, ten years ago. I've seen him three times and he amps up the show each time even though he's in his sixties! I also LOVE Avenged Sevenfold, Iron Maiden, Metallica, Megadeath, Machine Head, Kiss, Sevendust, Dio, Black Label Society, Black Sabbath, Ozzy, Anthrax, etc. I could seriously go on and on and on. I've been to many concerts. I've seen Alice Cooper alone, with Rob Zombie and Murder Dolls, and open up for Iron Maiden earlier this year.