How do you type?

LightRaider

How do you type?  

125 users have voted

1. 1. How do you type?

• Cherry Pick
    • All 10 fingers (correctly)
    • Other (?)

I can only type with my left hand, I use all five fingers. Most of the time I use the index and the middle finger. Thumb goes to the space and holding shift.

Can't really understand why others just love to use both of their hands to type things when one hand can do the same job while leaving the right hand standby on the mouse :wacko:

Can't really understand why people don't just leave both hands on the keyboard and use tab to browse around sites. :P

But yeah, I type with all 10 fingers. 95 words per minute, on average, according to this one site. Fastest I ever got was 102. I'm a freak!

My hands go all over the place. Never learned to type properly and I do as well as most people who do.

Can't really understand why others just love to use both of their hands to type things when one hand can do the same job while leaving the right hand standby on the mouse

Two hands on the keyboard allow for faster typing, and for those of us who are accustomed to doing almost everything on the keyboard and eschewing the mouse whenever possible, everything else is faster too. The mouse is seldom necessary for me.

Sometimes I only use 6 fingers, sometimes I use all except right thumb.

It depends actually. But I think it doesn't really matter, it's not like I am aslow typer or anythig :P

I type with 10 fingers, I had to learn it from my parents and they send me to this course of some sorts. I must say it helped me out quite a bit! My average now is around 110 WPM.

I dunno... Woah! I didn't even pay much attention to it before, but now that I saw this thread, I just noticed... I type with two finger only. o-o

It's so weird... I never noticed it before. I just use my two forefingers of each hand to type. Talk about habit...

I hunt and peck but I can do very well. Don't ask me how but I can hunt and peck at about 35 words per minute while only glancing at the keyboard with my out of the corner of my eye. It used to piss off my keyboarding teachers because making me do it the proper way actually makes me type slower.

I should post a video of me typing, it's an odd sight.

I use my middle fingers and pointer fingers, and my left pinkie for shift.

Edited by Shoboni

When looking at my fingers typing now, I can see that with the right hand I basically only use my index finger while with the left hand I use a combination of all the fingers, little finger for shift and thumb for space, rest for letters :)

I use the standard QWERTY set up. And I hate it when people type as if they are chickens trying to eat, so I always keep my hands glued to the home row.

If you don't use that, then you are probably a slow typer.

Edited by Djenty-kun

I've gotten quite fast at typing with the first three fingers of each hand, and I don't really mind how I type anyway. I can't use my pinkies while typing, otherwise I get slower because my pinkies are prone to "locking up". I hate playing Guitar Hero with the guitar controller because of that.

Can't really understand why people don't just leave both hands on the keyboard and use tab to browse around sites. :P

Two hands on the keyboard allow for faster typing, and for those of us who are accustomed to doing almost everything on the keyboard and eschewing the mouse whenever possible, everything else is faster too. The mouse is seldom necessary for me.

Typing stuff with two hands will leave your mouse alone, and that's an awfully terrible thing to do when you're a gamer like me :wacko:

You will never know when the enemy decided to ambush your champion

Cherry pick? Other? CORRECTLY?! What is all of this?! I never really type a certain way, nor do I type correctly. I do type with most of my fingers. Am I the only one that presses the spacebar with both of my thumbs? Well there is one thing for sure, I type shit-ily...

So just as an update, turns out that I actually type with only six fingers, the index, middle and ring fingers on both of my hands. It's weird, like a claw. My pinky's do play a role, but only for hitting things like caps lock and backspace and stuff.

I use the standard QWERTY set up. And I hate it when people type as if they are chickens trying to eat, so I always keep my hands glued to the home row.

If you don't use that, then you are probably a slow typer.

Not necessarily, when I try to the type the proper way it's gets worse because I feel like my hands are being restricted to the point of loosing mobility.

Typing stuff with two hands will leave your mouse alone, and that's an awfully terrible thing to do when you're a gamer like me :wacko:

You will never know when the enemy decided to ambush your champion

Well, of course I make an exception when I'm playing something. How else could I shoot people in the face from 250 meters in RO2?

I type with my index and middle finger, using my thumb for spacebar and shift. Im just too lazy to use all ten. -_-

I think I type relatively fast. :huh:

I do a strange mix, where it's kind of like the "normal" style, only my wrists float above the keyboard, and tend to use my left middle finger and my right index to type. When typing things I write every day, such as my passwords, I use the totally "normal" style, because I have found the most efficient way to type it.

I can't describe how I type because it is so goddamn weird how I do it lol.

Basically, I cherry pick, but I use the same two fingers. My left hand uses the middle finger while my right hand just uses the pointer finger. Why not just have both pointer fingers do it? I don't have a clue haha.

I'm weird. :P

Personally, I tend to type with just nine fingers the majority of the time, leaving out my left thumb. Obviously because I hate it very much.

But, whenever I am lying down comfortably, I'll either end up typing with one finger, or one hand. Though, whenever I'm on an unfamiliar keyboard, I feel as though I'm typing with about twenty fingers.