Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What kind of brony or pegasister are you?

Stoner Spike

My friends at school (brought into the herd by me,I'm so proud Posted Image) have long since asked this question. These are their exact words:

"What type of brony are you? Are you only just a fan of the show, or are you the kind that'll stick with it until your grave is dug, or maybe even something in between?"

In other words, the way I see it, they ask how loyal you are to the show and the fandom.

I know I'll never give this up, even when I'm a century old. Posted Image
Curious to know what you all think??

What type of brony are you? Rate yourself with the scale that I randomly came up with!

Rabid Brony: Ponies are a huge part of your life. Everywhere you go, and whenever you meet someone, you always want to spread MLP:FiM. Much of the merchandise you brought have an image of a pony printed on it. You get insulted when someone calls ponies gay, and always uses phrases from the show everywhere. You always participate in Brony meetups, online sites, etc.

Regular Brony: Ponies have made you happy and you regularly watch the show for fun. You buy a fair amount of merchandise, but you do save money on other stuff as well. It doesn't bother you much when anti-bronies call bronies gay, because as long as you love the show, it doesn't matter who else thinks of the show. You try and attend Brony meetups often, but if you missed one, it won't have a huge impact on you being a brony.

Fan: You like the show, but you don't think much of the community. You don't buy the merchandise often, or participate in meetups. Sure, ponies were fun to watch, but you'll lose interest after it ends or has a long season wait.

Closet Brony: You are a pretty big fan of MLP:FiM, but you don't want to tell anybody in case they embarrass you or bully you for it. You don't spread the show often.

Anti-brony: What are you doing on this forum?

For me, I'd say I'm a mix between Regular Brony and Rabid Brony X3

Edited by Sky Chaser
Merging two threads and adding Clarity's nifty guide
  • Brohoof 4

Still a bit new, I have seen some of season 1 and all of season 2.

Developing and getting better at lovin' and toleratin'!

I'm mostly just a fan of the show. My interest in it is more passive and moderate, and I'm not really die-hard. But that's because I never become too invested or obsessed with most fandoms. I find that utterly impossible. (Except video games, and that's games with epic stories like Final Fantasy.) But that doesn't mean I won't lose interest in it so quickly either. I don't really lose interest in stuff like that either.

• Brohoof 1

I'm on the pony tumblrs all the time, I set the alarm on saturdays to catch a livestream of new episodes if iv'e stayed up the night before. PInky Pie dubstep is my current favourite music genre. I eat more apples and muffins than ever before, etc......

I've seen every episode. Some I've watched multiple times. And I all around love the show.

I public brony life however is a bit different. I'm at the stage where if my friends ask me, then I'll say yes.

But really, it's a 'don't ask, don't tell' situation... (cwutididthar? :P)

I'm usually pretty open about it, but if some stupid redneck walks up to me and says "your brother said you watch ponies, is that true?" I'll denie it, it's not worth explaining to certain people

• Brohoof 2

As for the show I am more of a passive fan. I make sure to catch every episode and I love them, but I find it impossible for me personal to become a huge fanatic for the show it's self. Best show on television though, but that's not a really impressive feat these days. (I openly despise modern television)

Now I find it really strange that instead of being a fan of the content itself, I'm a fan of the fans...? Now I usually don't like fanatics of anything. They tend to worship something that is only supposed to give you a short burst of entertainment. And never get in an argument with a die hard fanatic of anything. You might as well lift a mountain!

However this fandom is different somehow. Instead of a bunch of raving lunatics practically having an orgasm over a TV show, Bronies feel more like a community. Certainly they will still defend the show till' the death, I would too, but they also understand that other people have opposing viewpoints.

Bronies are more of an Online Community that practices Love and Tolerance to try to make the world a little more like Equestria. Therefore Bronies are the most civilized culture that ever existed!

• Brohoof 2

I've seen all the episodes and watched all but the more recent ones multiple times. I love the show and talk all about it with my brony friends. I also make fanart and spend alot of time on brony-related websites.

• 9 months later...

What type of brony are you? Rate yourself with the scale that I randomly came up with!

Rabid Brony: Ponies are a huge part of your life. Everywhere you go, and whenever you meet someone, you always want to spread MLP:FiM. Much of the merchandise you brought have an image of a pony printed on it. You get insulted when someone calls ponies gay, and always uses phrases from the show everywhere. You always participate in Brony meetups, online sites, etc.

Regular Brony: Ponies have made you happy and you regularly watch the show for fun. You buy a fair amount of merchandise, but you do save money on other stuff as well. It doesn't bother you much when anti-bronies call bronies gay, because as long as you love the show, it doesn't matter who else thinks of the show. You try and attend Brony meetups often, but if you missed one, it won't have a huge impact on you being a brony.

Fan: You like the show, but you don't think much of the community. You don't buy the merchandise often, or participate in meetups. Sure, ponies were fun to watch, but you'll lose interest after it ends or has a long season wait.

Closet Brony: You are a pretty big fan of MLP:FiM, but you don't want to tell anybody in case they embarrass you or bully you for it. You don't spread the show often.

Anti-brony: What are you doing on this forum?

For me, I'd say I'm a mix between Regular Brony and Rabid Brony X3

• Brohoof 9

Same. Except I don't take pony merchandise with me. I don't even have much anyways, just two figures with glitter on them and some trading cards. Including a Fluttershy foil card. I wish I could go to meetings but in my state, we don't get any. :(

Edited by MagicalStarFlower
  • Brohoof 1

I'm pretty much of a mix of a rabid brony and a regular brony.

I only buy shirts and stuff....I don't get mad either when people say negative things about bronies.

So yeah I'm 20% Rabid and 80%Regular.

I'll probably try a meetup if I can.

Edited by ~Wubs~
  • Brohoof 1

well i think i'm a mix between regular brony and anti-brony i love talking mlp with other bronies and discussing stuff but i don't take it too far or mistake fandom as ownership and there are some behaviors with in the fandom that i cant stand.

but does it rely even matter what kind of brony you are?

also you've missed out Canterlot Brony but i thing that fits in with rabid brony so never mind.

Edited by PonyEcho

This topic's been made in different variations like four times, but each topic is unique in it's types listed so they can't really be merged or locked xD;

Regular fits me the most on that list, I guess.

I'm sort of a regular brony with a bit of closet brony, because there's just some people I don't want let them know that I'm a brony xP but I'm mostly okay with everyone else knowing I'm a brony, anti-bronies don't bother me the slightest bit because they're practically wasting their own time on a comment that no one should care about.