Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is everypony's favorite type of cheese?

Brooklyn Dash

CHEESE?!!?!?  

64 users have voted

1. 1. What is everypony's most beloved breed of cheese?

• Cheddar
    • Mozzarella
    • Monterey Jack
    • American
    • Swiss
    • Pepperjack
    • Provalone
    • Goat Cheese
    • Bleu Cheese
    • Colby
    • Brie
    • Parmesan
    • Other exquisite specimen of cheese

Sr. Frog, What are these cheeses you speak of, where do I find such things?! Deer cheesus that's embarrassing, that I haven't tried all the world's cheeses. New life goal: Try all cheeses ever.

I like loads of cheeses. It's my number one comfort food *laughs*

I'm not a fan of the texture of soft cheese so, delicious as it is, I need to force myself to swallow it *laughs*

While it switches every day (quite literally) I'm going to have to choose gouda since I at a whole bunch today. Mm.

EDIT: Oh, and on my France trip, I had this really amazing cheese one day when me and another friend were buying food. I have no idea what it was, but I needed up eating this huge brick of it on my own. SO delicious.

Edited by Azura
  • Brohoof 1

I prefer any cheese that can melt easily...like Monterey Jack and Mozarrella. The cheesier, the better.

Although I like Parmesean cheese, because you can actually sprinkle it on almost everything and it becomes the best alternative to spices.

Pepper Jack has been my favorite for a while once I discovered it. Up to that point it was Swiss (though I couldn't eat a while lot of it without growing tired of it) but now Swiss has moved to secound place and Pepper Jack became my top cheese (and I don't have issues eating a lot of it ;)

I believe Mozzarella is my favorite type of cheese... :D

I also love to eat Swiss and Provalone every now and then. Also Cheddar, along with hamburgers, french fries, etc.

I absolutely love cheese <3

I really like cheese, everyone seems to get pimples by them except for me though, hahaha

Hard cheese isn't that good to eat by itself. I'm not very good at cheese brands, lol.

Monterey Jack is what I most buy from the store to shred up and put on my pizza, instead of mozzarella cheese for pizza. Or wait. Was it parmasen you're supposed to put on pizza? Ah, whatever. I think I'm spelling all this cheese wrong.

There are other cheeses I like that are sometimes for try at the grocery store, but I can't afford none of 'em fancy shmancy cheeses.

• 2 years later...

Colby and Cheddar (2 including me voted Colby :()

I like the really thick cheese bricks in stores, I like to cut them with a butter knife and put them on crackers. MMMMMMM. Oh, and pass lots of gas later on *shhhh*.

I don't really like cheese to be honest. Mostly when it's all by itself. But I like cream cheese and mascarpone cheese the most because I can handle the taste of them. For salty cheese, I like American cheese. Especially on In-N-Out's Double Double burger.

I really like goat cheese. I'm lactose intolerant so goat cheese makes me feel less sick in my stomach.

And I really like cheddar. Too bad,  I can't eat it as much as I would like to.

Edited by Pucksterv

If I'm eating the cheese plain, on crackers, or with most other foods, I prefer Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese. With certain foods, like pizza, I think Mozzarella cheese is good. And if I'm eating spaghetti or lasagna, I prefer Parmesan cheese.

Most of my favourites weren't on the list, so I had to vote "Other".

Which cheese is best depends on what you're using it for. For general eating, my favourite cheeses are Wigmore, Roquefort, Camembert, Stilton, and Flower Marie. These are good for eating with crackers, in cheese sandwiches, or making cheese on toast. Though some of them can be a bit strong, so for a sandwich or toast, you might want to blend them with a milder cheese like Cheddar, Red Leicester, or Double Gloucester. These last three cheeses are also good if you want a mild cheese that doesn't obscure the flavours of other ingredients in a cheese-and-X sandwich (cheese and pickle, cheese and onion, cheese and tomato, cheese and ham, etc). For pizza, I'll use Mozzarella, sometimes supplemented with Cheddar or Red Leicester. For pasta, Parmigiano-Reggiano or Grana Padano.

People actually like blue cheese? EUGGHH.

Google for "fromage des rois et des papes".