Do you love MLP Forums for its community, or ponies?

Clarity

Choose  

129 users have voted

1. 1. Choose your answer

• Community.
    • Ponies.
    • Both!
    • Neither.

Why do you participate in these forums? Do you do so because you can talk about ponies all day? Or did you stay because of the lovely people you have met and befriended?

For me, it's both. I've shared a bond with some forum members that I never had before with anyone on the Internet (and no, I never dated, and I never shall) but I have a feeling I wouldn't have stayed for too long without having the right to talk about ponies freely as well.

How about you? :)

• Brohoof 8

I am on the forum because of its beautiful community.

If i for some reason didn't like the community i wouldn't spend my time here. Sounds pretty obvious :D

And not to mention the amazing staff.

• Brohoof 1

I came to talk about the show, and stayed for, well, the community =D

there are so many interesting/ cool/ skilled/ nice (gasp) people here and lots drawers, musicians, writers, too, too much talent to name here... simply amazing

I am happy to have stumbled over this forum on the internet, I´m happy to be a part of this and to make not just a few of you guys/ girls my friends :)

• Brohoof 1

The community, no doubt. I really only somewhat like ponies to begin with. However, I heard the brony community was positively lovely, so I decided to check it out. It was the best decision I ever made in my life. I really don't think I've ever been happier. I've always been afraid to be myself, because I've got some not-so-average things going on for my personality, but on here, it was very easy to fit in and just get along with people. Everyone is so accepting and just... nice. Such kindness is absolute nonsense in real life. It feels great to speak to everyone on here. So much, that I'm pretty much addicted, as I don't even let school get in between me and this place..

Edited by Sugar Plum
  • Brohoof 5

I've never been a big forum fan. I don't have a lot to say, and when I do have something to say it's often just a quick comment, which I can't really do here with the character limit. Because of this, I don't really have an easy time becoming involved with the community.

That being said, I don't really come here for pony news either. Usually I find cool pony stuff over youtube or someone tosses a link at me. I've managed to be pretty current just from that. Sooooo...what do I use these forums for? Mostly, to read the opinions of numerous bronies about whatever new topics are sliding in. I may not be one for discussion, on the internet or in real life, but I do love to evesdrop on people. Being on a forum is like....the embodiment of listening in on people.

Anywhooooo....I guess that falls under 'community' so, tick me down for that.

I am only here as my first part of my 264 step plan to enslave the world.

That and this community is just amazing. So accepting of everything I do :3

I love everyone here when they are not arguing with me...

and.. you know.. ponies.... they are awesome too...

To be honest, If I suddenly stopped liking MLP FIM I would still use this forum because of all the great people I have met here.

• Brohoof 4

I like it for both. I came for the ponies, but stayed for the community. The people here are awesome. It's really active, so it never gets boring.

• Brohoof 2

for me its both

Because not only is this website awesome, it's also the fact that its full of bronies that are just plain awesome!

Being part of a community where no one is different, and all are bronies is the best thing ever cause your talking to people who may have had similar pasts to what you have had a long time ago, People here love for who you are.

A Fun fact is that there are 10 million bronies across the globe that we haven't met yet and would love to meet them.

For the reasons why i came here is to be apart of a community to where i won't be judged, people care bout my interests, meet new people and become social instead of Anti Social, Even though i don't reply to many topics... i still like to be apart of the forums to a new experience and be happy that i came here to enjoy every second of it of every day until i die, also to find friends on steam to play games like Left4dead2 or Call of duty etc and also add people on my skype( JCStormChaser_ ) and get to meet them and hang out, talk about ponies/fanficts/drawings/fandom etc... it's just amazing on how far things can get.

So again,I'm Definitely both!

• Brohoof 1

Community. We have some talented artists, writers, and musicians here, but there are many other sites that are pretty much dedicated repositories for pony content. This is a forum, and forums are all about people. Despite the heterogeneous nature of our population I've found much less contention and division here than I have on forums where most people come from similar cultural and domestic backgrounds. In fact, it's those differences that normally divide a community that tie us together... well, that and ponies.

We're a weird, motley bunch, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

• Brohoof 4

Both. I came here because someone recommended I come here with my new found liking of the show, and I said, "What the heck." I joined so I could talk about the show with a broader range of people, but I'm staying because of this great and friendly community.

• Brohoof 1

Well I created an account here as I wanted to discuss ponies with other people (closet brony over here) but now that I've been here awhile and scanned over some threads and discussions, I'm now here for the people themselves as you all seem awesome and accepting.

• Brohoof 3

im here to socialize with other MLP fans and to enjoy most things pony related. its great to have a place to go where people love the same thing as you and are more then willing to talk about it.

• Brohoof 2

The community, no doubt. I really only somewhat like ponies to begin with. However, I heard the brony community was positively lovely, so I decided to check it out. It was the best decision I ever made in my life. I really don't think I've ever been happier. I've always been afraid to be myself, because I've got some not-so-average things going on for my personality, but on here, it was very easy to fit in and just get along with people. Everyone is so accepting and just... nice. Such kindness is absolute nonsense in real life. It feels great to speak to everyone on here. So much, that I'm pretty much addicted, as I don't even let school get in between me and this place..

Wow, *slow clap*.

Anyways it's mostly the community.

I have never met a group of people that are so nice. It surprises me. Most of the brony community is full of happy spirits that like to joke around and have fun.

I have said this before...I honestly have no idea what I used to do before I joined the forums.

Nothing can top this website, this is now my 2nd most visited website (1st being Google)

MLP Forums is my favorite website on the planet.

Also, if you too lazy to read that, basically what I am trying to say is:

I love you all <3 :)

Edited by ~Chalk~
  • Brohoof 1

I came for the ponies at first. My life was depressing, and I really don't wan to talk about that right now, but I first started out coming to the community to just find a way to get more ponies. Of course that was when I found the community, this amazing community. I expected to stay maybe a few days, a week maybe at tops, and just visit on occasion to check up on pony stuff. But I visited the Forum Games section of the fourms, where I quickly found out how amazing some of the people here are. That was also when I found out that Internet friends are much better than real life friends. So yeah I originally came for the ponies, a quick place to visit everynow and then, but I stayed for the epic community that is here at the MLPforums.

• Brohoof 2

Both. Came for the ponies, stayed because of community. I'm not a very social person though unless someone specifically engages in convo with me, so I mostly just lurk unless I feel like what I have to say is worth while. And boy does the 100 character limit make that hard for me sometimes.

• Brohoof 1

Mainly for the community. I've tried out quite a few different MLP communities, but none really fit me like MLP Forums. It's cheery without being too much of a hugbox. You can actually disagree with people and have a debate instead of being shouted down for having a different opinion. The mods are wonderful people who genuinely care about the community, not a bunch of ban happy Nazis in it for the power trip.

• Brohoof 2

The ponies are the reason for why we have a community, so they're kind of dependent on each other to make them awesome. The ponies are just the common love that we share that makes us a community! :lol:

• Brohoof 1

Both. This place is a safe haven for me to talk about ponies, and the community is what makes it that way. Everything is kind of hand-in-hand, if you will. I wouldn't be able to talk about this awesome show without the loving and respecting community. Without ponies though, I wouldn't have even gone to this place. So I guess it's kind of a mixture of both.

I've met some pretty cool people here.

• Brohoof 2

Both, no doubt the community is amazing, and the people I've met on here are insanely awesome, but I also enjoy talking about the show in a setting that is accepting of ideas and such, so I will say both.

• Brohoof 1

Community all the way, definitely. It's probably the only reason why I still keep up with the fandom. I've been with this forum since its very inception, so it has a sentimental value to me. The community is still awesome even though we're not as close as we used to be (but that's normal given the large amount of members)

To be honest, I don't care so much about ponies. I mean it's fun to discuss them and all, but that's all. There are many websites dedicated to MLP, but the reason I chose MLPforums is because of the community.

• Brohoof 2

I came for ponies, but stayed for both ponies and the community. I don't know what I would do in my life if it wasn't for this website, I just adore everything about it and all the friends I've made here. Becoming a moderator only accentuated those feelings as well as season 3, and I don't think I'll ever leave here. :D

• Brohoof 2