Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

My Little Pony Movie Discussion

Espionage

Ah mmo would rock!!

I would love beating discord in some epic 25-pony battle especially with moving unicorns with magic, pegasi could be agility classes and earth ponies could be the strength classes.

It would actually work quite nicely :)

course. earhties unicorns and pegasi would be a good, simple class system.

There is a My Little Pony movie.

http://en.m.wikipedi...Pony:_The_Movie

You can rent the film at your local rental video store I assume.

hahaha. very funny. You should go into comedy. Obviously I mean the show that we all watch. not the older ones. why would you do that?

If an MMo realy came out, I would forgo getting MOP just so I could play My Little Pony: World of Equestria, or whatever they decide to call it if it is ever invneted. Sadly, It probably never will be.

Edited by Fanayvea

Well I would totally get behind a 2 hour movie and a novel. If a good and un-gory or un-sexual fanfic gets made into a novel it might be worth looking into. The movie, if done right would be awesome. I would love to see a epic battle sequence where the mane 6 go up against Discord, Chrysalis, and the villain from season 3.

Well here's the thing, from my point of view.

The Season 3 to this G4 series is only 13 episodes; whether or not those are actually two-parter to count as one episode (like an hour episode) is up for debate until it comes out. But from what I've seen on their clips they have really over hauled the scenes graphics and animation.

I think this 13 episode thing has a major reason behind this.

They may be taking time out from the series to produce a movie that is not being spoken about at the moment. They've done movies for the MLP series in previous G's, I don't see why they wouldn't here. They're probably taking a great deal of time doing it though and fleshing out a real story-lined movie so that's why we are seeing 13 episodes.

...well, that's my theory anyways. The other being the episodes are much longer from the other two seasons and more produced. But I'm liking the thought of both being possible.

I believe there's a fan made game in development that's an MMO called Equestria Online, seems like it'll pretty cool. :)

I think the OP means a movie based on the "Friendship is Magic" version of the show. You know, the one we all like to watch? I'm not sure about a movie myself, but it could be planned for after the short Season 3. My personal prediction is that Season 3 will be similar to S1 and S2 (slice-of-life, stand-alone episodes) then "Season 4" will be a 13-episode story arc, with an overlying plot of some sort. Similar to how Reboot changed in it's second season.

Funny, my prediction is the other way around- I think the Crystal Ponies thing could be a possible story arc thing, no way of teliing until the episodes come out of course but that's just my prediction. ;)
  • Brohoof 1

I believe there's a fan made game in development that's an MMO called Equestria Online, seems like it'll pretty cool. :)

The development for that one feel though months ago for whatever reason, worry not though. The dev team went on to create their own separate game. Legends Of Equestria, same concept though!

Well here's the thing, from my point of view.

The Season 3 to this G4 series is only 13 episodes; whether or not those are actually two-parter to count as one episode (like an hour episode) is up for debate until it comes out. But from what I've seen on their clips they have really over hauled the scenes graphics and animation.

I think this 13 episode thing has a major reason behind this.

They may be taking time out from the series to produce a movie that is not being spoken about at the moment. They've done movies for the MLP series in previous G's, I don't see why they wouldn't here. They're probably taking a great deal of time doing it though and fleshing out a real story-lined movie so that's why we are seeing 13 episodes.

...well, that's my theory anyways. The other being the episodes are much longer from the other two seasons and more produced. But I'm liking the thought of both being possible.

You don't say? And it's not like we haven't been saying this already at all. Or the fact that a writer has confirmed it...

The development for that one feel though months ago for whatever reason, worry not though. The dev team went on to create their own separate game. Legends Of Equestria, same concept though!

Oh, didn't know, wasn't really keeping track of it. :P

I wish them luck with the project. ;)

Movie would be good. If it was in theaters (which it won't be) it'd be even better. Imagine the meetup possibilities! Imagine going to the theater with you buds, decked out in pony swag, to go and see a Friendship is Magic movie.

You don't say? And it's not like we haven't been saying this already at all. Or the fact that a writer has confirmed it...

And I agree with you, although I hadn't heard of that bit of information fully. I just gave the info more context to the manner in speaking.
  • Brohoof 1

Okaay well if they did decide to make a movie, I'm sure it would have to to take some serious time since they have deprived us of season 3 this long, imagine trying to write a movie.

Second, well an mmorpg would be the best, make it similiar to like starcraft or something, but with ponies!

There sorta is a MMO already, if you count the second life my little brony world. It is a pretty good world and the most of the ponies there are very friendly.

Okaay well if they did decide to make a movie, I'm sure it would have to to take some serious time since they have deprived us of season 3 this long, imagine trying to write a movie.

Second, well an mmorpg would be the best, make it similiar to like starcraft or something, but with ponies!

Yea but taking someone's idea and just adding ponies is terrible...

You should always make it original. Thats the Faust way.

• Brohoof 1

Not an MMO please...... How about a RPG game with a 4+ player multiplayer option? I think the market is saturated with MMO's and not enough games like Skyrim.

As for the movie idea, I think almost all of us would like to see FiM with a full length feature film. What really needs to be discussed is the viability of a movie.

Edited by My little pwny

Yea but taking someone's idea and just adding ponies is terrible...

You should always make it original. Thats the Faust way.

i didn't mean to take the entire game and put ponies in it, i just meant that sort of gameplay, strategic, it could be compared to anykind of strategic game, chess, risk... strategy in general, but your right don't make it unoriginal

I'll address the MMORPG part now, since my idea for a FiM movie is still under construction.

If there was an MMORPG, I could see it being closer to the Atelier series, in terms of the gameplay and system. One of the big draws of the Atelier series is the focus on item creation, and with all the different shops we've seen in FiM (like Sugarcube Corner and Carousel Botique), I could definitely see how item creation would play into any kind of FiM RPG. In fact, they've even brought ingredient collecting into the canon of the series itself with Dog and Pony Show (Rarity ran out of gems, so she had to go to an area to get more). So I could see a FiM RPG using that as a mechanic.

Making it closer to the Atelier series would also make it probably as open-ended as a FiM MMO can get without it feeling like nothing more than a glorified chat room. You can get ingredients to make items, then sell them to the in-game shops for Bits or trade them with other players who might not be powerful enough to ventre into the areas with the items in question yet. There could also be quests that range from gathering enough of an item to defeating a monster, with the reward being a combination of items, money and experience, depending on the quest.

Edited by SBaby

Personally if they ever did make one, it would be a terrible idea. Mostly because it deserves to stay on TV. If they were to make one, what would you guys think of the whole thing? If they were.

I'll address the MMORPG part now, since my idea for a FiM movie is still under construction.

If there was an MMORPG, I could see it being closer to the Atelier series, in terms of the gameplay and system. One of the big draws of the Atelier series is the focus on item creation, and with all the different shops we've seen in FiM (like Sugarcube Corner and Carousel Botique), I could definitely see how item creation would play into any kind of FiM RPG. In fact, they've even brought ingredient collecting into the canon of the series itself with Dog and Pony Show (Rarity ran out of gems, so she had to go to an area to get more). So I could see a FiM RPG using that as a mechanic.

Making it closer to the Atelier series would also make it probably as open-ended as a FiM MMO can get without it feeling like nothing more than a glorified chat room. You can get ingredients to make items, then sell them to the in-game shops for Bits or trade them with other players who might not be powerful enough to ventre into the areas with the items in question yet. There could also be quests that range from gathering enough of an item to defeating a monster, with the reward being a combination of items, money and experience, depending on the quest.

Actually yeah that would be about 20%cooler than my idea... nice thoughts.

I think we should get a topic started and see if we can get some people together and write the software for it

there is a broad fanbase out there, I, and many other people could make a game

I merged the most recent topic about a MLP: FiM movie with this one. Make certain to use the Search function to check if a thread for a topic has already been created. :)

Edited by Thereisnospoon303

• 2 weeks later...

I really dont know... I just got in to the show( just finished season 2). I also just joined to this community in hopes of making new brony friends. :) Anyway:

Do yout think that there will be a MLP movie?

Edited by Electrohoof
  • Brohoof 1

Welcome to the herd o/

Well, I don't really know about a movie. I believe it is quite be possible though, since Season 3 will only have 13 episodes (or at least that's what people are saying). Maybe they have some kind of surprise prepared for us bronies? :huh:

But yeah, I would really enjoy a movie. I'd love to see what they can make with more than 1 hour of Friendship is Magic straight~

i hope!!! maybe because theirs only going to be 13 episodes in season 3!!! :3 its probably going to be a to be continued in the movie at the end of season 3 so yes i think their will be a mlp movie! :3