Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

My Little Pony Movie Discussion

Espionage

NO MOVIE, NO MOVIE!!! GOD PLEASE DONT MAKE IT INTO A MOVIE!! TRUST ME EVERYONE WILL HATE IT!

Some people might think "what are you crazy?! Of course we want a movie!" But the truth is it will be very bad. If it was a straight to DVD movie, then it might have a chance. But if it was for THEATERS then NO! Hollywood will f**k it up. I mean, look what happened to Transformers!

I will always hope that it will be kept as a TV Show and Toys. If it becomes more than that, then we will have to go through what the first Movie went through.

I really dont know... I just got in to the show( just finished season 2). I also just joined to this community in hopes of making new brony friends. :) Anyway:

Do yout think that there will be a MLP movie?

Welcome to the herd, Electrohoof. :)

Anyway, we already had a thread for discussing the possibility of a MLP movie, so they've been merged. Please use the search function next time in order to avoid making duplicate threads. :)

You may now return to your regularly scheduled programming.

• Brohoof 1

like others have said, it would be pretty awesome to see a mlp movie. i would watch it over and over and over and over again. (did i mention i would watch it more than once?)

Here's the thing. IMO, the story writers that make the show seem to incorporate a little too much "deus ex machina." (Especially thinking back to the season 2 finally). All I would ask for is a decent and original storyline/plot for the movie. That would be boss.

I sincerely hope that if they ever do a MLP movie it is *AFTER* the series has ended. Having movies during the series run would only hurt the series -- plus it would by nature have to go overboard to be "more" than any of the normal tv episodes. Now if they waited until after the series ran its course, I think bronies everywhere would relish the chance for another chance to view the mane 6 in equestria and then most of the worries with regard to going too far in a movie wouldnt matter.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question, if you had the chance to tell HASBRO and HUB about a movie they should make for My Little Pony, what ideas would you give them? You know, anything is possible for animations! Well, I found this video on Youtube, and this would be an epic My Little Pony movie...

DA DAA DAAA DAAAA!!! The first rated PG-13 My Little Pony video... well, when it's a movie yeah lol

Ponyception... AW YEAH

Rarity: You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger darling, (That line matched PERFECTLY) anypony agree???

My idea for epic movie:

idk

Edited by SilverNote

Harry Potter Trotter!

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXYU2n-NBeI

Also a fan animation (which is pretty impressive)

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMKrbPOUYBQ

It would just be two of my favorite things mashed up together! :D

And Twilight is Harry Trotter I guess? Makes sense right...? I wonder who all the other ponies would be... dundunndunnndunnnn o.o

LMAO the animation of Harry Trotter made me laugh so hard ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ Derpy and Rarity connected got me a little scared though o-o rainbowdash is okay i guess to be Harry Potter

Teamwork is Magic! Check this out! It's *squeaky voice* AWESOME! :wub:

So awesome... My Little Pony and Team Fortress 2 put together = epicness

• Brohoof 1

O.o a MLP ALINE MOIVE? Ohmygoshohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh! i would just love that! it would be soooooooooooo cool! any pony with me? CUS I WOULD LOOOOOOOVVVVVVEEEEEEE THAT

I can't even begin to imagine the epicness that could be contained within a MLP movie... I get goosebumps just trying to think about it.

All I know for sure is that it would be more legendary than every movie in the history of the world combined... and that is a huge understatement.

O.o a MLP ALINE MOIVE? Ohmygoshohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh! i would just love that! it would be soooooooooooo cool! any pony with me? CUS I WOULD LOOOOOOOVVVVVVEEEEEEE THAT

But what if they made it a generation 3.5 movie? *shudder* That would be HORRIBLE. I would just break every copy of that movie... I hate g3.5

But what if they made it a generation 3.5 movie? *shudder* That would be HORRIBLE. I would just break every copy of that movie... I hate g3.5

Hey buddy, allmost every pony HATES G3. G2 and G1 arnt that bad, but i was aiming for a G4, NOW that WOULD BE SO AWSOME!

/)^3^( right? i think so!

I for one wouldn't want Hasbro to make a movie like those two clips you have, that would ruin the whole show for me. I think that it's enjoyable enough to just have those trailers.

I would like a movie that basically is just one long episode, like "A Canterlot Wedding". I have no idea about what thought, but I'm sure that Hasbro can figure that out :)

Discord returning, the girls going on some epic adventure, epicness, fighting evil, elements of harmony, celestias past, epicness, going to distant and unknown places, maybesome time travel, epicness, some new evil villian maybe, elements of disharmony, epicness, some action, monsters, love, drama, epicness, maybe some backround ponies getting voices, songs, epicness, more songs, muffins, humor, breaking fourth wall, epicness, chaos, comic relief, good plotline, a plot twist, epicness, new voice actors, new characters, Trixie and good story and epicness... did i say that already? If not EPICNESS.

Mush that together and u have your movie. Anything else to add?

I think it would be absolutely horrible if they did a G4 pony movie before the series ends.

Just think about it:

1) It would take a ton of time away from the series -- having a movie would probably mean another 13 episode season.

2) It would have to push the edge in some way -- probably in a way we wouldnt like.

3) It would probably hurt the series episodes on a relative quality basis

If they want to keep bronydom alive by doing occasional movies AFTER the series is finished -- that I would be all for, but the time for movies is not concurant with the series.

• 4 weeks later...

Would definately make up for Season 3 been only 13 episodes long. But then again it could just be Season 3 on dvd? Theres 12 parts there, Season 3 is 13? I'll be keeping my eye on this. I hope I'm worng though ;)

Edited by RainbowDashRulez
  • Brohoof 2

By no means confirmed, but if this is true... guess I need to eat my hat. I was set in my belief that the 13 episode season would have no form of "compensation" for the lack of 26 episodes. And the thought of a movie was just ludicrous.

Not so much anymore, I suppose. Still highly skeptical, though. Very likely this DVD description could just be a mislabeling of the Crystal Ponies DVD.

• Brohoof 1