Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP:FiM Comic Book Series Discussion

lardbobobo

I picked up the 2 I saw at Hot Topic, and bought the rest from Comixology.  They're actually on sale right now...$1 each, but only through today(?).

• Brohoof 2

Buy them!!

I have them all and get them the moment thy are released :D!

They are really well written and are in depth and even funny at times :)! They did an arc on Luna that just finished recently and it was amazing and gave some awesome cannon :)!

The quality of the drawing is top noth and I have thoughtrouly enjoyed every issue to this point :) (its currently the only pony merch I have)

HELZ YEAH I'D BUY ONE! In fact, I just bought some Sonic Universe comics as well. I thought I saw a few pony comics on Deviantart too, but if they're actually out there, then yes, I would save up for a few pony comics.

Yes they have been out 10 months now :)! And are well worth looking at :D!

I get all of mine online, delivered to my house (but in in the UK so they are hard to get hold of)!

• Brohoof 1

If I wasn't a closet brony and stuff I might decide to. But being a closet brony I probably wouldn't buy them.

But long as they have a story or purpose to them, and aren't to kiddy where I won't find them interesting at all.

• Brohoof 1

I buy them all. I look forward to them just like new episodes.

If I wasn't a closet brony and stuff I might decide to. But being a closet brony I probably wouldn't buy them.

But long as they have a story or purpose to them, and aren't to kiddy where I won't find them interesting at all.

You can get them online and they're definitely not kiddy. There are some jokes they couldn't get away with on tv. For instance Pinkie and Rainbow looking shocked peeking into a dressing room that says "Stallions and colts only". :wacko:

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

@

Oh man, you like STH comics too? We're friends now.

In all honesty, they're all on youtube, but buying them in much better. And it most certainly isn't girly...that Nightmarity and Chrysalis arc's were as dark as fudge.

Edited by Shift
  • Brohoof 2

Heck to the yes I would buy them!

However, my local book store has limited quantities and are usually out of stock.

I'll get them somehow, also, I hear that the comics have some mild shipping if you pay attention.  ;)

• Brohoof 1

Of course, I would buy them since I never really did read the comics so I should give them a chance. Besides, comics entertain me than some cartoons these days except My Little Pony since it entertains me a lot.

• Brohoof 2

No. I have problems with the existence of the comics, they're not what I wanted, or maybe they are and I'm just not ready for them. Whatever the truth may be, I just don't want to read them.

i have a pull file at my local comic book store that includes all MLP comic books, so i own them all, i even have a 1/500 rainbow dash variant comic book, at first i was skeptical but i was surprised on how well they were actually written!

• Brohoof 1

I would and I don't even buy comics or read them. The comics about Chrysalis are the ones I have the most interest in though mainly because she is my favorite pony and it would be awesome seeing her causing acts of evil again.

• Brohoof 1

I would love to buy them!

But No--one knows I'm a brony and I'm only 13, so me buying one is out of the question. If they were on the internet to read for free then Fuck yeah I'm in

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

They're quite good, I read the Nightmarity one and that was pretty interesting. I'd love to collect them but I'd have to travel into town just to get them since they don't sell them around here unfortunately. I believe they're quite expensive too because of the shipping. :(

• Brohoof 2

Of course! Personally i think that's one of the keys that can asure mlp legacy a eternal life or at less a very very long life full of adventures, fun, and lessons of frienship that we, the bronies (a.k.a The Choosen Ones XD) deserve to enjoy

• Brohoof 1

Howdy folks!

I picked up volume 9 of main comic book series and Vol.7 of the micro series today.

In Vol.9 Big MacIntosh takes the stage in the new arc.

Without spoilers its quite good so far. Cant wait for vol.10 next month.

In the micro series its the adventures of the Cutie Mark Crusaders.

I liked it.

The CMCs are so adorable when they do their crusading.

^_^

Lets just say their theyre in for a ride in this issue. ;)

Cant wait for the next micro series next month as Princess Celestia is next.

See ya!

I didn't know that the Cutie Mark Crusaders book was out yet.  I will have to pick that up tomorrow.

I like the Big Mac story.  My favorite background joke was Doctor Whooves saying that the watch was him, and Derpy saying "do I know you?"  A shout out to the Doctor Who connection and a spit-in-the-face of the Derpy companion idea at the same time.  Ha Ha

Yeah, I've been buying them and they're pretty good from what I've read so far. I get them digitally because I just don't have much room to store them. I've been holding off for a while now (haven't started the Nightmare Rarity arc yet) since the budget's been kinda tight lately, but I'll be buying them and catching up soon enough.  :)

I've seen that people like and dislike the IDW mlp comics because of one reason or another. Concerns mostly revolve around the events occuring in the comic or even how a certain aspects work in the fiction.

It's important to note these two things:

This series starts off issue #1 taking place directly after the season 2 finale.

It should also be noted that Megan Mcarthy also works closely with the writers to ensure it is accurate to the fiction and story.

But what do you guys think? Do you think it should be considered cannon?

I don't think it should be considered canon as strictly as 'they work as one and the same', but I also think that treating it as not canon at all is stupid, considering the teams work so fluidly to make sure they match up. So, somewhere in-between. Not canon, but certainly far, far more creditable than any head canon content created by fans. 'If you're to expand the MLP-verse in your head, look to the MLP Comics first' kinda deal.

• Brohoof 1

No. Comics ought to be tied to the show's cannon to a degree, but the show is not tied to what happens in the comics.

for example, Nightmare Rarity: fun for fans, but not cannon.

Comics reaching to an older audience need a certain freedom to explore things the show could never do.

Not Cannon.

Indifferent. Their interchangeability of speculative canon makes it more fun than either-or.

Nightmare Rarity would be a major development of significance for the mane cast and therefore, if it were canon, it would/should come to bear on appearances of the mane cast in Season 3.

However, Big Macintosh very well could be being stalked by Sweetcream Scoops within the canon of the show and we just don't see it, just like the semi-ambiguous nature of his relationship with Ms. Cheerilee.

tumblr_ms76mvQ9l41sa142oo1_250.pngtumblr_ms76mvQ9l41sa142oo3_250.pngtumblr_ms76mvQ9l41sa142oo4_400.png

It's not double-think, it's just being indifferent. Whenever it's more fun to imagine, something is canon, or it isn't.

I don't think it should be considered cannon. But, it shouldn't be completely disregarded. It's more or less in the middle range on the cannon scale.