Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

Shankveld

10 years? Honestly I couldn't bring myself to see what I would be in ten years. Three years ago I couldn't even imagine that I will ends up where I am right now. Too many falls and rises happened in a very short time.

If I'm allowed to be optimistic, in 10 years I would have my own new car and a small house that's actually worth its name. My girl would be 10 years older and still stay on my side, we both would have some small-time business that can at least feed us. I would still work my asses off on my current employment, though.

Well, all that can happen, as long as there is nothing major or crippling. But looking back on my luck, I can easily ends up in a gutter somewhere, homeless as shit, or I will climb the corporate ladder and be rich.

Edited by Starshine
  • Brohoof 2

I'll be 26.

I'm not entirely sure where I'll be at. I want to have gotten into the career that I want and to have possibly started dating by that time. Who knows what could happen in 10 years though. 

well, 10 years I'd be 27

I plan to be:

out of Uni, working for a gaming company doing testing, animation, level design, all that jazz

married and have a kid of my own

own a nice place, nothing fancy, just moderate

trade in my Subaru Liberty for a Holden Statesman 

In 10 years I can see myself in a mirror.

*Ba dum Tss*

I guess I'll still be watching ponies, I'll be 25, eating pizza, obsessing over star wars and listening to rock and roll.

Oh yeah, I'll also win the lottery.  What a great career plan eh?

I'd be 21

I hope one day that my "smart skills" and maturity that people say I have will assist me in becoming a detective along with doing the job. I want to dedicate a large portion of my life to helping society since from my personal views America is dumbing down as we speak. Being a detective, though, I will barely have any time for myself, a possibility I'm willing to take. With that said I'll most likely be living alone, but anything's possible.

@@Shankveld, You always make the most thoughtful topics on these types of subjects...

I don't think I'm going to wall of text this one, the thought of myself 10 years from now is something that is better kept both poignant and succinct.

I'll be 36, just 4 years until I'm 40.

As far as career goes, there are two ways I could go. I'm working as an accountant now, so I could keep doing that and climb the ladder. I'm sure I'd be successful, I'm a fairly capable accountant. Currently working on adding the CFA to my resume as well, as a matter of fact. It is a handy certification. So, stability and consistency, which would be perfect for a family.

As an alternative, I could recover my passion and fire and try to launch a business again. I don't know. At the moment, I feel strangely content with the status quo. I used to be so crazy, coding all night, coding all day. Nowadays, I just don't feel the craziness anymore. Maybe I'm just burned out, I have a comical amount of epic failures under my belt.

It's getting hard to tread new ground in the world of software. It is too easy to pour tens of thousands of hours of work into something only to have it die right after launch due to legal trouble, competitors, financing issues, etc. I think I'm getting to old for massive failures. Starting over in your early 20s is survivable, but crashing and burning in your 30s? With your 40s right around the corner? Possibly with a young family? With aging parents to care for? I don't see how that's worth it. The heartbreak accompanying such a failure would probably kill me.

I'll probably aim for stability. I can always code for fun, like the work I do on this site. I don't wanna work for a Google or Microsoft. I like doing my own thing when I code. So, yeah...

Anyways... As far as everything else goes, I have this handy list.

• I will be bald. I'm balding right now with no signs of stopping.
  • I will may or may not be married with kids. It isn't really a priority for me, so I wait for the right person.
  • I will have fully recovered from my hand injury (that should be in the next six or so months, actually).
  • I will feel like a relic from the past.
  • I will still play video games. (Pokemon games while in your 30s? Aww, yeah!)
  • I will still be the same smiling, happy guy with a bit of a chip on his shoulder.
  • I will be ten years older.

Other than that, I dunno.

Another CFA :o ?! 

Wow Scootacool you're so awesome :3

With all that education you could work your way up to being a CFO.

And I completely understand where you're coming from with that. 

Ideally I'd love to write and draw for a living, but it doesn't offer enough stability and reliability to sustain a family that would be depending on my income. 

And having a family is my major aim.

• Brohoof 2

cuddlingwithjokucplease:3

25?

I honestly got no idea, when I was 12 all I could think about was my future. Three years later, boom, nothing, not sure what'll become of me in the future. :I

• Brohoof 1

24?

Hm...hopefully I'd have left college and found a nice place to live.  I'd have a nice job that pays well.  I'd have a sweet kitty (preferably the one I own now) and maybe a boyfriend.

I'd be busy writing a book, having already published at least one.

(yes.)

10 years from now in the year 2022 i will be 28 years old, hopefully i will have a steady career in a Linux field of some sort, or something in the IT field. I am sure i will still love video games and nintendo then, but who knows as its amazing how much can happen in only 10 years. Why just look at the kind of computers we have now compared to 2002, can you imagine the rigs we will have in 2022? i can only dream. I hope to be a smarter and better person.

• Brohoof 1

24? Hmm, I guess I'd smell like piss and vodka, be one of those dudes rambling about how Jesus is actually the planter of the seed that sprouted the plant that is the Illuminati and get arrested a few times, maybe carve a swa-

Heh! Like that'll ever happen! Heh....

Really, I'd probably be working a job, getting a degree in something or other, just setting up my life for when I'm older and need to get established fully, which seems like the ideal thing to do.

I'll be 30, whoa man.

But I can honestly say I have no clue where I will be in ten years, it's all a mystery to me, which can be exciting, you just never know what life will throw at you. I'd most likely have a significant other in my life by then, or maybe not, I just can't say!

Sure will be interesting.

in 10 years i'll be 25.

And I have no idea where I'll be.. I hope to own some form of land at least hopefully be out of college, and looking for a job in something profitable.

I don't have any clue in the world what I even wanna do with my life though :/. And something tells me as shy as I am I probably won't be married. I don't even know If I'll ever get married(I mean personally I think I'm pretty ugly, but thats probably just my bad self confidence speaking).

I hope that I'm atleast living a decent life where I don't have to be totally worrying, I don't expect myself to be rich in 10 years though. Just hopefully somewhat stable.

Edited by Zygen
  • Brohoof 1

In ten years... 33 almost 34... Well, if you want me to be realistic and honest here... I'm fairly certain that, unless we have some 'miracles' in science, I will not be around anymore. And don't think I'm just saying that.

But in an idea world - a parallel universe, if those exist - I would be married, live in the Northeast, and be a band director. It would be cool to write marching shows, as well.

Edited by Envy

I'd be 27 in ten years.

Hopefully,I'll be in the medical field with a girlfriend or wife and a house.I will also be totally dedicated to helping cure whatever plagues @Envy because even though I don't know him/her one bit,I still feel sad that he/she has something fatal and absolutely nothing to help fight against it. :(

Edited by CaptainBlue808

I'll be 31. I really hoped to be married by THAT point! (If I'm not, might as well throw my arms up and become a priest.) My wife and I will have 2 children. Or more if she wants. We'll be living in Texas were it's nice and hot most of the year. I'll be working as a staff writer for [insert publishing company here]. And every night, I'll tell my kids stories of the heroic Steel Accord, master swordpony and champion of Equestria! (What? I'm their Dad. They're supposed to look up to me!)

Edited by Steel Accord
  • Brohoof 1

I will be 37 in 10 years give or take a month (my birthday is in January). In 10 years I see myself as being a successful professional author/activist and being a husband and father.

• Brohoof 2

I will be 25, in 10 years....

By that time, I hope to have mastered my guitar playing to some extent. I would mostly like a vocal or guitarist role in a group, or just producing music on my own, we'll see, I suppose. I especially hope to find someone as devoted to maintaining a steady relationship as I am, whether she is only a girlfreind, or a wife, I long for that day. I haven't got too much more in mind, but there is always room to add on, or even change.

I'll be 23 in 10 years. Id see myself having a job as a meteorlogist or an archohlighst. That would pay for what id be doing a couple of years later; id be travelling around the world doing extreme sports like skydiving, snowboarding, etc. I dont wanna waste my life :)

I'll be 28 years old at this time and I'll most likely either do one of two things:

1) Be almost done getting my Doctorate of Fine Arts degree. Yes, I'm aiming for a Ph.D in Animation simply because I have a passion for getting a job at the Walt Disney Company and getting some featured film action. With a Ph.D the admissions office will be putty in my hands. Everyone thinks I'm crazy for wanting this for a career as "lowly" as Animation/Graphic Arts, but hey, Stephen Colbert has a Ph.D in Fine Arts and he runs his own HILARIOUS political talk show. He did something right, that's for show.

2) Trying to start my own Animation company, or form a studio that encourages other independent animators to showcase their projects in the public light for recognition. Maybe form a website that showcases such talent and put them in the spotlight for hits and view counts. Who knows? The skies the limit.

• Brohoof 2

If things go my way: I'll be composing music for video games or some other media, or in a touring metal band.

If crap hits the fan: A stay-at-home dad with several thousand dollars of college debt.