Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Most Attractive Pony Tournament 2013!

Akemi Homura

Spitfire must have had a lot more support than I thought considering she was a lot closer to Octavia last round than Fluttershy is right now. I guess things might change, but it's looking a lot less volatile this round.

In other news, the riot was as fabulous as advertised.

• Brohoof 2

I almost wish that Rarity had won so that this would be easier.  Now I'm stuck with a choice between my favorite Mane 6 and my favorite background pony.  Curse this tournament!  Curse it!  Banish it to the moon abyss!!!

On one hand there's Fluttershy, who has completely canon development, is absolutely adorable, and whose personality I adore.  On the other hand, there's Octavia, who has a really attractive personality (based solely on 'Epic Wub Time' and her shots at the Gala), is a classical musician (on the cello no less), has a really beautiful design and has a bowtie (why I like that bowtie so much, I may never know).  Gah!!!  The decision is so difficult!!!

This video settles it.  Octavia it is.  If this were a best pony competition, Fluttershy would win, but as stated before, it isn't.  In the end, the musician aspect is far more appealing than the animal caretaker.  Forgive me, but that is how I feel.

Oh, right, there's another pair we're voting on.  Twilight gets my vote.  Lyra is cute, but I find that Twilight's personality outshines her.  Twilight has the kind of personality that I could very easily see myself being friends with.  I don't really see that with Lyra (though, I admittedly have seen nothing fanon of her other than art and 'Anthropology').

By the way, I'm downloading this song immediately.  @@Addem Up, thank you very much.  This will be a wonderful addition to my playlist.

Edited by antismurf9001
  • Brohoof 2

MLP:FIM was first aired on the 10th of October 2010.

That can be abriviated as 10/10/10

101010 is the binary? number for 42

42 is the meaning of life.

OMG MLP IS THE MEANING OF LIFE

The above is from another, now closed thread. But it got me thinking. Twilight has 7 stars in her cutie mark, each containing 6 points, for a total of 42. Twilight Sparkle is the meaning of life.

Do a victory dance, Twi!

geXd9.gif

• Brohoof 8

Now i want to see Lyra win this time, twilight is seems to be tougher than AJ,.

And i think that octavia is going to beat fluttershy, i mean, octavia is attractive, and, flutters is beautiful, but i don't know, i can't see her as attractive.

Edited by Bruno
  • Brohoof 2

Hoo boy, this one was really difficult for me in both bouts. I had to think for quite a while before I came to a decision, and I'm still not sure for one of them.

Octavia v. Fluttershy - Ah, one of my favorite Mane 6 ponies versus one of my favorite background ponies. Surely I would go with the Mane 6 pony, right? But that's not what this is about, which is what made this so very hard for me. I eventually got it down to whether I found Octavia's elegance, poise, and bow tie more attractive that Fluttershy's serene grace and sickening cuteness.

The answer...was yes.

img-1112541-1-good_morning_octavia_by_jo

Lyra v. Twilight - Once again, favorites in both departments are pitted against each other, which again makes my decision very difficult. Do I go with Lyra's spunk and liveliness, her amazing color palette and those striking amber eyes? Or do I side with Twilight's adorkableness and all of that purple?

In the end, I decided, just now, who to pick. I can't really point at one reason for my decision. It just...is.

img-1112541-2-twilight_sparkles_so_much_

Edited by HandMan
  • Brohoof 3

Well, no one can accuse the Lyra fans of being irrational or blindly devoted. :)  We didn't get this far by arguing over each others choices.

Twilight's a gem with a brilliant color scheme and looks even better with that poofy hair. xD  BUT. There are ponies like her, Octavia and Pinkie. Then you have Rarity and Rainbow Dash. And then at the top of my pyramid, you have this. Soothing colors, brilliant eyes, unique mark, amazing fanon. It's not hard for me to imagine Lyra's personality and compare it to Twi's; in fact I hardly have to try. I can already see her. I know what she would think, what she would say.

And here she would say, "Oh Celestia, humans are even more amazing than I thought!! Don't give up on me okay?! Because I...I'll never give up on you!"

lyra_heartstrings___coloured_by_codeluxo

Edited by TailsIsNotAlone
  • Brohoof 2

Well, no one can accuse the Lyra fans of being irrational or blindly devoted. :)  We didn't get this far by arguing over each others choices.

Twilight's a gem with a brilliant color scheme and looks even better with that poofy hair. xD  BUT. There are ponies like her, Octavia and Pinkie. Then you have Rarity and Rainbow Dash. And then at the top of my pyramid, you have this. Soothing colors, brilliant eyes, unique mark, amazing fanon. It's not hard for me to imagine Lyra's personality and compare it to Twi's; in fact I hardly have to try. I can already see her. I know she would think, what she would say.

And here she would say, "Oh Celestia, humans are even more amazing than I thought!! Don't give up on me okay?! Because I...I'll never give up on you!"

lyra_heartstrings___coloured_by_codeluxo

Trying to sway the crowd with sad pictures eh Tails? We all know how well that worked when I tried it on you in the first round XD.

• Brohoof 2

Come on Tails, you know you want to join us. Twilight's too attractive to do anything else. I mean, just look at this!

post-11217-0-61488600-1359009047.png

Isn't that the most beautiful thing you've ever seen?

• Brohoof 1

Come on Tails, you know you want to join us. Twilight's too attractive to do anything else. I mean, just look at this!

lyra_heartstring_as_twilight_by_michaudo

Isn't that the most beautiful thing you've ever seen?

Yep. It sure is. B)

You guys aren't trying to change my mind, are you? Sorry, but there's only one vision of beauty that inspired me to this point, and it wasn't Twilight Sparkle. ^^

• Brohoof 2

Filly_Twilight_and_Lyra_Heartstrings_clo

true winner right here, btw ^

as much as i want Lyra to win again, i have my doubts this time. shes going against a juggernaut, the main character of the entire series. its all speculation till the very end, and win or lose, Lyra hung in there and went far in this competition, longer then anyone else could have guessed. 

Edited by sks_burns
  • Brohoof 2

I wanted to post this picture if AJ faced Octavia, but alas, that's not the case....

22413__safe_applejack_animated_filly_oct

On another note, it's this is Applejack bowing out... and showing off a bit, 'cause haters gonna hate. Also, a pic of who I really, really, really, really hoped would make it to the championship finals.... STAMPEDE!

applejack_by_nyaasu-d55ecde.jpg

Applejack_haters_gonna_hate_gif.gif

tumblr_lwylb8q5sX1r8k5p5o1_500.gif

As for my votes in this round. I've picked Twilight Sparkle because... I mean.... Those eyes! She's put a spell on me! No matter how many other ponies I think may be more attractive when it comes down to generic looks... When she puts on the moves... I'm moved and I just don't understand why. It's like when you see that girl across the room in the right light and it's love at first sight. BAM. Twilight Sparkle. Her expressions win me over. Also, putting her in Lyra's colours for a pic just tipped it over the edge as far as my vote was concerned, because when a different pony pulls off your colour scheme better then you do, FAIL.

Can you feel Twilight Sparkle stampeding over your face Lyra? Because I can imagine what it feels like, and it ain't good. On another note, if she was against Octavia, Twi would have lost. I've numbered my ponies since the start, and i'm still voting as per. There's been things posted that have made me like other ponies more than before, but others have escalated just as much equally.

When it came down to Fluttershy and Octavia. That one really tore at me, but Flutters got my vote. In this case, I won't have any hard feelings or stampede tendencies if Octavia wins, because she deserves it if it comes down to it. It's one of those ones where I must say.... May the best pony win. Well, maybe not best pony. But, most attractive pony. Whoever wins out of these two should be championship pony. Flutters and Tavi > Twilight Sparkle.

• Brohoof 2

Gah so hard to choose. My favorite pony that I share the most traits with Twilight or the awesomeness of Lyra. I'll be going with Lyra. I just love her character and her quirks too much, but still this decsion wasen't easy.

Octavia or Fluttershy ... why do you do this to me forums? j/k. :P

I will have to with Octavia, as much as I do love Fluttershy with how freaking adorbable she is and she could get any grown man to daww over her. I will still go with Octavia for my favorite background pony. Her classy style and look just speak alot more to me I guess. Still a tough decsion on both counts.

• Brohoof 3

Lyra ISN'T winning against Twilight? But where did all the fans go? Were you all just here while there was no one else you liked? Fair weather friends, is that it? YOU TRAITORS?!

In other news, Octavia is winning; this is a good thing.

Edited by Archi
  • Brohoof 1

Not going to lie, I'm thrilled by how close things are at the moment.

We aren't alone in wanting to shake things up on this board; I knew that from the beginning. I for one would love to see two background ponies in the Magic Bowl. If there's any way to show how far we've come as a fandom in such a short time, that would be it. No longer depending on the show's main characters, but seeing beauty and life in ponies who have only moments of screen time to their name.

• Brohoof 2

Not going to lie, I'm thrilled by how close things are at the moment.

We aren't alone in wanting to shake things up on this board; I knew that from the beginning. I for one would love to see two background ponies in the Magic Bowl. If there's any way to show how far we've come as a fandom in such a short time, that would be it. No longer depending on the show's main characters, but seeing beauty and life in ponies who have only moments of screen time to their name.

Those moments of screen time can be multiplied by how many times you've re-watched episodes. I think i've actually seen all three seasons x3 at this point.

When my siggy says that I lose sleep over ponies, i'm not kidding. 200 episodes of them is a lot and counting. Oh god... I think I need an intervention... Nahhh, screw it. This is a happy addiction.

As for the background ponies, they've made their mark on the fandom in a huge way at this point and show how well the whole show displays the background life going on behind the Mane6 in a such a way that personalities can be drawn up from the tidbits shown. It really is impressive. I -like- Lyra better than Octavia, but Octavia is still more attractive, hands down.

I wonder where she rates in the most often-seen background ponies in the whole show.... Edit: Makes an appearance in 40 episodes if I counted correctly out of 65 so far.

Edited by Lightning Dasher
  • Brohoof 2

I'd like to remind everyone that this contest is not only about physical attractiveness. Alfonzo said in the original post that it's whatever you find attractive about her. Personality, body, values, etc. Octavia, being a background pony, lacks any attractive character build.

;)

You really dug yourself into the hole if you are saying we should look at the personality. Thats, kind of the reason a lot of people don't like Fluttershy that much.

Fluttershy in a nutshell - Shy. Nothing deeper than that just shy. She has the least amount of personality on the show and her only features is that she tends to be shy and cute. A lot of people want more than that. I like Fluttershy still, however, she's my least favorite out of the mane 6 though. :/

Octavia fanon - She's pretty much the more refined lady version of Rarity. Nuff said. 

• Brohoof 1

You really dug yourself into the hole if you are saying we should look at the personality. Thats, kind of the reason a lot of people don't like Fluttershy that much.

Fluttershy in a nutshell - Shy. Nothing deeper than that just shy. She has the least amount of personality on the show and her only features is that she tends to be shy and cute. A lot of people want more than that. I like Fluttershy still, however, she's my least favorite out of the mane 6 though. :/

Octavia fanon - She's pretty much the more refined lady version of Rarity. Nuff said. 

Keep Calm and Flutter On - 'nuff said

Watch that episode again and try repeating what you just said. There's more to the Fluttershy then meets the eye, and Iron Will will attest to that, you know, if you want to watch Putting your Hoof Down after.

• Brohoof 2

Keep Calm and Flutter On - 'nuff said

Watch that episode again and try repeating what you just said. There's more to the Fluttershy then meets the eye, and Iron Will will attest to that, you know, if you want to watch Putting your Hoof Down after.

She really hasn't grown after putting your hoof down. She's still her same shy self. I did like that episode though. Maybe a tiny bit, but it isn't noticeable.

As for Keep calm and Flutter. There was really only a little bit to be proud of Fluttershy for, and that was she was able to put up with Discord for such a long time. Other than that, just herself. :/

• Brohoof 1

On one hand there's Fluttershy, who has completely canon development, is absolutely adorable, and whose personality I adore.  On the other hand, there's Octavia, who has a really attractive personality (based solely on 'Epic Wub Time' and her shots at the Gala), is a classical musician (on the cello no less), has a really beautiful design and has a bowtie (why I like that bowtie so much, I may never know).  Gah!!!  The decision is so difficult!!!

This is exactly my dilemma. While Flutttershy is extremely cute, and her canon personality is adorable, Octavia's elegance and poise, not to mention her fanon personality, rocket her to the top. Also, bow ties are cool.

As for the video, I reccommend you check out pretty much everything Radiarc's done. Chaos Arranged and Her Love is a Dragon remain two of my all-time favorites.

• Brohoof 1

Okay I didn't see Lyra actually beating Applejack but the pics I and other Applejack fans posted did make things a bit closer, Twilight is winning but I am not getting cocky so here is a little insurance.

twilight_sparkle___sexy_shmexy_by_nazothtwilight_sparkle__heartwarming_by_takua7tumblr_lt726gVtTp1qklcrto1_500.jpg                                                   

Edited by EarthbendingProdigy
  • Brohoof 5

Holy crap lyra did work since I last saw this poll! Way to catch up girl you got this! Lets get Lyra vs Octavia Final Round guys!!!!! still love Twilight and Fluttershy btw. 

You know it's funny. I've been hoping for Lyra vs Octavia final round pretty much as soon as the brackets were made and now it's pretty close to happening. If only I was this good when it comes to super bowl predictions.

Octavia has a decent lead for now, but Fluttershy beat Rarity so people obviously think she's pretty attractive. That means moar Tavi support! Feast your eyes!

post-11395-0-03905700-1359041046_thumb.png

Edited by Cota
  • Brohoof 5

Lyra's making a furious comeback. Not even Twilight Sparkle is safe from her charm. I mean, this is more like it -- the EFC Championship should always be this competitive!

• Brohoof 2