Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If I were a fly on the wall in your house, what would I see and hear?

TailsIsNotAlone

Hmmmm, you would hear the domestic dispute between myself, my mother and my mother's boyfriend pretty much constantly.  If you could overcome that, you'd pretty much be a very happy fly considering my room is so junkie you'd find a little nook or cranny and call it home..... until I would have to clean my room that is. :P

Edited by MeanBlackHawk
  • Brohoof 1

Throughout most of the house, you'd see a fairly normal but large house inhabited by a fairly normal man, his very weird wife, his two somewhat weird daughters, and me, his very weird son. You'd probably see our two cats. You'd see a lot of fairly normal things done in slightly weird ways, and a lot of weird things done in ways that are as normal as they can be done.

Were you to go into my room, you'd be in a very small room with a bookshelf full of young adult and adult sci-fi and fantasy books. On top is are several very high quality digital paintings given to me by my host brother from my brief time as an exchange student in Japan, a few LEGO creations, and a glass skull with a hollow in the top that I use to drink out of when feeling macabre. Next to it is a wine glass I drink out of when feeling fancy.

You'd see a few adventure board/card games stacked in a corner. An unused guitar in its case, being used as a rack for expensive ties. A stack of DVDs that I haven't moved yet after rearranging my room a few days ago.

On another wall, my dresser, filled with clothes. On top of it, more LEGO creations, and an old clock radio I'm going to take apart and possibly rebuild at some point.

Against a third wall is my bed. On the actual wall are some posters: one of Ichigo and Renji (Bleach) in their bankai states, one of Kratos (God of War) looking badass, the Return to Ravnica Pre-release poster (Magic: The Gathering), and the Commanders Arsenal poster (also Magic). Also, a drawing of Fluttershy given to me by a girl at college.

These posters are inaccurate as a gauge of my likes. Sure, I like Bleach and God of War, but they aren't favorites of mine by any means. All my posters I either got for free, or they came in something I bought and I decided I needed something on my wall.

We come to the final wall, which is taken up by my desk. It's various cupboards and compartments are filled with games and Magic cards. The main desk part is occupied by more Magic cards, several pony toys, a ninja Mickey the Mouse, and a Mr. T action figure from the 80s. Oh, and also my computer, PS2, and second monitor (used to have a third, but there isn't enough room, and it sucked anyway). There are also 2 ancient computer towers that I sometimes hook up to the monitor to play old games that don't work on Windows 7 no matter what combination of compatibility modes and other settings I use. However, thanks to gog.com and other such sites, most old games I play (Fallout 2, Alpha Centauri, Arcanum, and Mechwarrior mostly) can work on Windows 7 :)

In this room, you'd mostly see me playing games, coding, reading random sciencey stuff on the internet (mostly wikipedia), watching Netflix and DVDs, building/testing Magic decks, and almost any combination of those things. I also talk to myself a lot, sing every now and then, and swear a lot at games.

Also, you'd occasionally see some pretty kinky shit that would either arouse you or disturb you. There is no middle ground with this kind of thing ;)

Also also, you might get killed by one of the spiders living in my room. Or at least, I think they're living here. I see them skitter about from time to time and never kill them unless a girl is in my room and she is scared of spiders. Don't get me wrong, I love spiders, but women take precedence.

Edited by Evilshy
  • Brohoof 3

Not much these days. I talk to myself a lot, though quietly, when I'm engrossed in thought. The dog is unaccustomed to neighbors within earshot, so expect him to pitch a fit every afternoon when the mailman comes, when the school bus goes by, the ice cream truck, and when the trash man makes his rounds. Occasionally you'll hear a random assortment of classical music, blues, or jazz streaming via Pandora.

What you would see is equally uninteresting. I would spend many hours in one room, sitting in a chair in front of my computer, doing pushups on the floor, and pacing in circles as I mull things over.

This thread and one I saw long ago has me thinking about taking pictures or doing a video tour (maybe with a lousy commentary) that would obviously be far more descriptive than a... description.

Edited by Artemis
  • Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...

Normal day, noting at all. Because I'm at work.... on my days off. 

Me cleaning, working on plushs, sitting on the forums, getting high and watching MLP. or spending some time with my step brother and getting drunk with him.

You would hear mostly videogames I am playing and videos I am watching. What you would see would be a small room that is organized to my liking. Electronics and entertainment in one corner, collectibles and books in another, my bed, closet, and a dresser where all my clothes are. Not interesting in the slightest.

• 1 month later...

You'd hear me talking to myself a lot, that's for sure

You'd probably hear me singing a lot too

and you'd see me on the computer while watching TV and maybe drawing as well haha

SO MUCH NECROPOSTING, LOL

*clears throat* if you were a fly, not matter how you look or what i hear, you'll be kissing the Swatter.  nuff' said.

You would just sit and stay there as you are witnessing the most cool, relaxed, and serious guy who won't do much depending on how you see it.

That, and if your that much of a bother, I would swat you instantly.

You'd probably fly in from the sliding glass door we leave open on our catio (because we like to let our cats wander in and out of the enclosed outdoor space we built for them last year).  This would lead you into our dining room, with a large picnic-style table lined with a total of eight ordinary-looking chairs.  You'd see a medium-toned hardwood floor, a small kitchen on the left (with light-blue countertops, black modern appliances, and a whole bunch of smiley faces sitting on top of the cupboards).  The kitchen leads to the entry way, which is really just part of the big living room - in front of you is a dark front door, and a brown couch is immediately to your right.  You'd see at least one cat sleeping on a red chaise behind you, another one asleep on the cat tree to the right of the front door, and a little grey cat watching you intently as you buzz around.  To round things off, you'd also see a large IKEA coffee table in front of the couch, and a humble entertainment center consisting of a relatively old flat-screen TV, an A/V receiver, two speakers, an Xbox One, Xbox 360, Wii U and PS3.

Turning around, you'll notice two sets of stairs.  One leads down to the den, where the first thing you'll notice is that the walls are lined with Super Mario Bros. wall stickers.  You'll see a brown double-papasan chair in the middle of the room, sitting in front of a small TV mounted over two short bookshelves.  The bookshelves have six game systems on them: NES, Sega Genesis, SNES, Nintendo 64, GameCube and Xbox 360.  The left-hand shelf is crammed full of retro games for each of the first five systems, as well as a box for an Intellivision that isn't currently hooked up.  The right shelf is lined with board games.  In the corner to the right of this display is a Twilight Zone pinball machine, and to the left of the bookshelves you'll find a set of Rock Band drums leaning up against a Street Fighter arcade cabinet, which someone has converted into a MAME cabinet.  There's a sliding glass door leading out to a narrow strip of grass before you see the hill and trees you originally came from.  There are two 80's-style ceiling fans in the room, and behind the papasan are the laundry room and two tall bookshelves filled with actual books.

You notice that the grey cat has followed you downstairs and is chirping at you.  Time to fly back upstairs.

The upper floor starts with a dark hallway and a whole bunch of doors.  The one to your right is closed, and the door itself is unusually warm.  The one just to its left is open, and leads into a smallish office.  This room is painted light blue, and there's a glass desk with two monitors, a keyboard, a mouse sitting on top of a "World of Warcraft: Cataclysm" mouse pad, and a whole bunch of junk all over it.  Just above the desk is a Princess Luna shadowbox.  To the left of that is a Galaga arcade cabinet in very poor condition.  To the right, under the window, you see a digital piano with more junk on top of it and around it.  Along the back wall, there's a filing cabinet with an inkjet printer and scanner on it, a litterbox, and another small bookshelf with yet more junk.  The grey cat is still chirping at you, having jumped on top of the piano to get closer to you.

Back out in the hall, you see another closed door to the linen closet, a hallway bathroom with three more litterboxes in it, and then at an odd angle, a doorway leading into the master bedroom.  The dominating feature in here is a king-sized bed that its owners left unmade when they got up this morning.  It has three more cats on it, all sleeping.  An older CRT TV sits on top of a nice dresser across from the bed, and there's an end table with a quaint stick-style lamp on either side of the bed.  A cat tree sits in the corner opposite the door, and across from that is the doorway into the master bathroom, which is about as ordinary as you might expect.

By now, the grey cat has woken up the three other cats on the bed, and now they're all following you.  One of those cats is huge, and the moment you alight on the wall, he pounces up at you.  As he knocks you to the floor, you catch a glimpse of a show-accurate Luna plush sitting on one of the end tables, just under the lamp, before your world goes dark.

Edited by Pixel Stick

You would hear me typing, talking through the microphone or talking to my brother

You would hear my dog bark like crazy and my brother laugh

You would see me probably either drawing, writing Fan-Fiction or playing video games

You would see my brother on the computer as well, and my cat and dog playing hide and seek  :lol:

One would probably see that I have a big bunch of homework and books on one side, but I don't always do that.. And I spend most of my time when I come home on Youtube or Mlpforums.com, then some hours after I might actually do my homework. Then it's too late in the evening, and I have the choice between doing the last of my homework or be on Youtube. I choose Youtube.. And that's.. My day in a nutshell.

You would hear the sound of buzzing from an electric fly swatter slowly closing in. I hate flies, I'll chase one around for around an hour and then choose to strike later if I can't get it.

If you were an invisible fly, you would see a maze of paper thrown across a desk. On the top, you'd see statues, depictions of magical creatures (Pokemon) and various peculiar gadgets lying around. Gazing down from on high, a clunky nonfunctional behemoth, yes, the printer, gazes its judging eyes across the entire room.

There is a constant clacking sound penetrating from the keyboard each and every time a key is depressed. The printer makes a noise of anger every so often, almost like it's stating its dominance over all those who use it. There are low clanging noises heard from the kitchen, the sound of food being prepared.

Yep, that's what a fly would hear.

• Brohoof 1

-My cat's loud, high pitched meow that he uses to narrate every little thing he does (he's a himalayan siamese, they tend to be like that).

-Me clicking on my mouse pad, tapping away at my keyboard, and occasionally going 'hmm' when I'm involved in something like pure mathematics.

That's pretty much it. My house is a very quiet place except for my cat. >_>

Edited by Asterisk Propernoun

You wouldn't hear much. My house is really quiet, except for when my dog barks. I'm also usually typing on my iPod and that doesn't make a clicking sound so you wouldn't here that either. I do talk to myself often, but I don't talk out loud. XD

If you were in my room, you would see me sitting on my bed (most likely) or at my desk, and I'd probably be on the internet or doing homework. My life's not all that exciting, sadly.

• Brohoof 1

Depends, if you're in the kitchen/my grandma's room she's on the phone with her daughter a lot and they complain about everything.

If you're in my room you'd probably hear my skype calls with forums members, which could be awkward and/or graphic.

You would here and see the fly swatter coming at you or my hand. Other then that you might have either seen an empty room or me sitting on the computer not much you would hear. But you wouldn't see much either.