Which starter will you chose  

60 users have voted

1. 1. which starter from x an y will you chose

• Chespin
    • Fennekin
    • Froakie
    • don't know yet
    • whichever has the coolest/strongest evolution

so the trailer for X and Y just came out and as well as seeing the new graphics for the new generation we saw the three new starters: Chespin, Fennekin, and froakie. i personally am going with fennekin because it reminds me of a vulpix and i love fire types. which starter will you chose and why. 

• Brohoof 1

For X, I plan on getting Fennekin. I always get pokemon that resemble a wolf or fox. Examples, Luxray, Houndoom, and any Eeveelution. If Fennekin turns out the way I imagine them it should look something like kilala from inyuyasha.

• Brohoof 2

I'm going to be starting with Fennekin because it's the most adorable thing ever~ Also, it's a fire type which is a bonus since I almost never get the fire starter because I like either the grass or water starter better.

• Brohoof 1

Fennekin was the obvious choice the first time I saw the trailer, but Chespin's design has grown on me since then, so I'm stuck choosing between the two of them. I'll probably go with whichever has the best looking evolutionary line; Fennekin's will hopefully go the graceful/beautiful route, and Chespin rough and awesome.

• Brohoof 1

I'm probably gonna choose Froakie. I've always gone with the water-type, and I especially love the look of this new water type as I like frogs. In Black/White I always played with Seismitoad on my team. I might go with Fennekin but I've never been a fire person, and I'm not big on grass types.

Edited by Nim

I feel like this will be an incredibly difficult decision, and right up to the game's release I will still have no idea which of the starters I prefer.

(In case you aren't familiar with it, that's sarcasm.)

More information on the later stages might change my mind though.

• Brohoof 1

I choose you, fennekin!  Yes that will be my starter, I had also imagined something like Kirara from Inuyasha.  maybe we'll also get something akin to vulpix/ninetails.

Edited by angels_gal

I haven't even seen the trailer and I'm going with Froakie.

Because Water types rule and you're doing it wrong otherwise.

Besides, I've always started with the water starter on my first play through/game minus one exception, that being Piplup.

• Brohoof 1

I'm sticking with Fennekin as my choice and that's not just because it's the most adorable of the three but because I usually pick the fire starter. However, so help me if it evolves into yet another godawful Fire/Fighting type, a typing that has been completely run in to the ground and only ever worked with Blaziken...(I'm talking to you Emboar!)

Edited by PoisonClaw
  • Brohoof 2

I will try Fennekin in the hope it's more of a Ninetails style fire type rather then the terrible fire/fighting types we've had recently. I honestly haven't like a fire starter since Cyndaquil. If not I'll go with Chespin, the grass types are normally pretty solid but it'll have to impress me a lot to even come close to my Treeko.

I'll probably wait until we get to see the evolutions, that's pretty much the deciding factor for me most of the time.

• Brohoof 2

However, so help me if it evolves into yet another godawful Fire/Fighting type

It's supposed to be fire/psychic although that is something that is something that i heard and not been officially confirmed by anyone else. 

• Brohoof 1

It's supposed to be fire/psychic although that is something that is something that i heard and not been officially confirmed by anyone else. 

Well, in the trailer, that looked an awful lot like a psychic type move Fennekin was using, didn't it? It might just be imprison, though, but it's kinda hard to tell at this point.

Go to 0:30. You'll see the move I'm referring to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6i89yWoQFMc 

I think my choice is going to depend on how the evolutions turn out, though. I never pick based on the appearance of the first form. Although, unless they mess it up, I'm probably going to pick Fennekin. I'm a huge Ninetales fan, with Absol as a close second. I've always loved fox pokemon, or fox-like pokemon. 

the choice is easy for me because I always choose the fire type first. The only pokemon game where I never use the fire type starter is pokemon black and white because for some reason I just really hate Tepig. Also please please please PLEASE don't be another fire/fighting starter.

Edited by protoman151
  • Brohoof 1

If I end up getting the game, I'll probably get whatever the grass-ish type Pokémon is. For some reason, I like grass as my starter. I originally had Treeko as my starter in Emerald, and Turtwig as my starter in Diamond and Pearl.

Well even though I don't even have a 3ds yet, whenever I do get the game i'm not really sure actually..

I mean I normally go with grass type starters, but I dunno how much I like the grass starter this time, I'll have to see its evolutions and stuff.

My second choice would probably be Fennkin Because I think it looks the most adorable out of the 3, and fire is my second favorite of the starters.

I don't dislike water types, I like them, I just dunno if I really want to pick froakie, if I knew their evolutions i'd be able to make a better choice I'm sure.

I'm interested in seeing the other pokemon in this new gen also :P.

I love the starters for this generation...they're all so cute!

But, my biggest problem is: Fennekin or Chespin? They're both so cute, and have good types! I want Chespin since he's a grass-type, and because he'll evolve into something cool. But the same's for Fennekin, especially since they might finally change the dual type for this cute fire fox pokemon! Not sure which one to choose.....

Also, I kinda feel sorry for Froakie. He's kinda all forever alone,. since barely anyone wants to pick him. :P