Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Favorite Word

Shanks

I like the word "ethereal"...it feels magical. I guess that's kind of the point, eh? Words that are onomatopoeic are always cool. :)

I'm not sure if its my favourite word though. There are a ridiculous amount to choose from!

e·the·re·al
əˈTHirēəl/
adjective
adjective: ethereal; adjective: etherial
  1. 1.
    extremely delicate and light in a way that seems too perfect for this world.
    "her ethereal beauty"
    synonyms: delicateexquisitedaintyelegantgracefulMore

antonyms: substantialearthly
    • heavenly or spiritual.
      "ethereal, otherworldly visions"

"Citadel" and "peninsula" are cool, too. And "Astral", and "Obsidian", and "Imperial"...plus all those Italian music terms like "Crescendo" and "Fortissimo". "Requiem" sounds nice, too...and...jeez, I could go on and on... I love words.

Edited by AmberDust
  • Brohoof 1

It's hard to chose a favorite word. Mine would probably be F***. I do know my least favorite word is "moist". What a strange word. Just say it out loud. Moist. I think it should be removed from the English language. Moist. Moist. I just don't like it.

• Brohoof 3

Well due to my love of the Digimon anime my favorite word is prodigious. Not only does it sound cool and radiating with intelegence to say it's definition is pretty cool as well.

I respect you, sir. You are digidestined.

Does anyone know the word Petrichor? Sounds cool, eh?

• Brohoof 2

• 9 months later...

However

It's such a nice sounding word and it makes any further statements sound smarter. 

example:

I understand the logic behind your statement...HOWEVER....I also think you're a big meanie MCmean face  :wat:

Hard to narrow this down to just one. I'll put swear words aside for this and go with "Truth." 

Runners-up would be "Freedom" and "Convivial." The latter just sounds nice and fancy. Convivial, convivial, convivial. I could just say it all day...but then someone would hit me on the nose with a rolled up newspaper so I won't. :pout:  

• 2 weeks later...

Like Queen Twii said above, the F word. Not only is it one's go-to swear for when they're feeling an intense emotion, but I can make a PAC-MAN pun and say PUCK around people who likely wouldn't approve, like my family.

Leviathan - it just flows off the tongue so nicely :)

But as others have said, the 'F-bomb' is a contender - I'd go so far as to say it's the most versatile word in the English language XD

• 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...

Do I have to pick just one? :mlp_confused:

I'll just post a few and I'll let you use the power of your imaginations to decide which one is my favourite. :-P

• Pandemonic
  • Judgement
  • Esper
  • Fate
  • Satori
  • Spirit
  • Love
  • Benevolent
  • Myriad
  • Octahedron
  • Pyramid
  • Lunatic
  • Demon
  • Donkey
  • Brohoof 1

On 9/24/2015 at 9:20 PM, El Duderino said:

It's hard to chose a favorite word. Mine would probably be F***. I do know my least favorite word is "moist". What a strange word. Just say it out loud. Moist. I think it should be removed from the English language. Moist. Moist. I just don't like it.

Yes. We need to go and get a drink sometime.:grin:

Anyhow, my favourite word is probably “simpleton”. I certainly seem to use it to describe a great many of my peers on a regular basis. “Dullard” comes in at a close second.