What I want in Season 4?

A two part episode not centered on Twilight

Good episodes for each of the Mane Six

Lightning Dust return episode

Scootalove

Balanced screentime/focus

Young Celestia/Luna episode

Discord

Rainbow Dash dresses up as Mare Do Well. I don't care why.

Cute little Pinkie Pie songs :)

Flashbacks

Daring Do!

Better characterization for Spike/Pinkie Pie

A cool new villain

This stuff.

Especially the Daring Do part. Wouldn't it be cool if she was a real pony? Then she could visit ponyville for an adventure in Everfree and Rainbow Dash could be like "Omgosh omgosh omgosh" and then we could all smile. Lol.

Extra yes to the two-part not centered on Twilight. Rarity could use a lot more love.

• Brohoof 2

I've merged, 'What are your predictions for season 4?', 'What do you think Season 4 will bring to the pony table?' and 'What do you want to see in season 4?' together into one. I've then edited the title to 'Season 4: Predictions & Hopes', so that this single topic can cover both of those relatively similar grounds all at once, whether what you want to see, or what you'll think will happen, even if you don't -want- to see it.

This stuff.

Especially the Daring Do part. Wouldn't it be cool if she was a real pony? Then she could visit ponyville for an adventure in Everfree and Rainbow Dash could be like "Omgosh omgosh omgosh" and then we could all smile. Lol.

Extra yes to the two-part not centered on Twilight. Rarity could use a lot more love.

I would like an episode where Rainbow meets the actress who plays Daring Doo in the movie serial (Movie projectors are canon) Rainbow would be all thrilled to meet her, until she finds out that a different pony is her stunt double. After a while. Rainbow learns that the actress is cool in her own ways and they become friends. Rainbow then gets to actually substitute for the injured stunt pony (Nothing serious, just a sore wing) and helps film the exciting cliffhanger for the latest Daring Doo adventure!

Another Daring Doo idea bubbling around in my head concerns twilight. The author of the Daring Doo books is never stated.  What if in her free time, Twilight wrote them? She could be embarrassed to let anyone find out, and somehow Rainbow makes the big discovery. I think that could be made both funny and touching.

Edited by cuteycindyhoney
  • Brohoof 2

I actually would love to see:

• More Rarity/spike
  • Sweetie belle getting her fricking cutie mark >_<
  • An actual episode where Berry Punch/Lyra/Derpy is included in (not a cameo)
  • More background history on the Mane 6's parents aside from just seeing RD'S dad. 
  • MORE Celestia and Luna back story, like how they came to be and who their parents are
  • Bring back a Iron will! He was awesome D:
  • Crys and the changlings turning good and needing the mane 6's help with something? idk
  • More episodes where Cadence doesn't sound bored (more playful less regal) 
  • MORE CRYSTAL PONIES
  • RARITY GETTING HER DREAM JOB
  • More screentime for Babseed

Like I said in a few other posts the Cutie Mark Crusaders are over due for their cutie marks. Since season four may be the end game for gen 4. expect big things. Shows like MLP tend to last three seasons, but four seasons? wow. A fifth season? well we can only hope, but for now expect big things from the upcoming season my fellow Bronies in Arms.

A doctor whooves cameo by David Tennant

YES PLEASE. ; A ; Because Dr. Whooves it's such a big deal in the brony community (almost as big as Lyra and Dipsydoo/derpy and Octavia)   i'm sure it would happen sooner or later?  

• Brohoof 2

- I for one DON'T want the Cutie Mark Crusaders to earn their Cutie Marks. They could milk this for a long time coming. Unless the show ends soon, it feels like such a waste to give them their marks. Their entire purpose and role in the story is to constantly seek out their special talents. If they got their marks now, they'd lose out on everything that makes them the CMCs. I say wait. They definitely should get them, but not anytime soon, and not until the show is on its last leg and about to end. And I don't look forward to that day. :)

- Twilight will either revert back to a unicorn, or finds a spell that gives her the ability to swap between unicorn and alicorn. I'm not trying to start a Twilicorn war or anything, but I prefer the old Twilight.

- Applejack and Fluttershy really need an episode together. You can count on one hand how many times they've interacted with each other directly. I just would like to see their bond further explored and deepened.

- More locations. We got a whole map of Equestria loaded with places we've never seen. And I love episodes with an adventurous feel to them.

I hope so. Currently - she's just expected to know what she needs to know. Obviously she doesn't, I would like to see her actually take control and ask the other royalties.

I think Twilight is the type to ask before doing. In the series she always does her research so I'll bet that she is going to research what it means to be a princess and such in some way. If she doesn't I would think that is out of character.

It seems to me that right from the start, Twilight was inextricably intertwined with her friends, (her cutie mark seems to me to represent herself surrounded by her five best-bestfriends who represent the other five Elements of Harmony).  So, I don't believe they could separate them for long.

And especially with Celestia saying that she herself no longer could weild The Elements, that control over the most powerful magic in Equestria had passed to Twilight and her friends, I got the feeling that Twilight might be being groomed to ascend to Celestia's throne, (and in the extra interviews on the Bronies documentary, Lauren Faust said that in her initial ideas when creating the characters and show, that she planned on having Twilight eventually ascend to Celestia's throne).

(So, to me, "Magical Mystery Cure" seems to close one story-arc within a much larger story arc; like the many intertwining arcs within the larger, 5-season arc within Babylon5, for example).

And to me it feels like the underlying message of these first three seasons was that regardless of the destiny to which one was born, that one may _choose_ to live-up-to-that-destiny, (that it's not a foregone conclusion, and it is not an easy process at times).

To me, Celestia represents something like another Element of Harmony... that of Compassion, (something Twilight has the potential for, but like Friendship, needs much in the way of training and experience to master).  And while Twilight has much potential, and though she has lived-up to the part of her destiny where she has been merited the true form that was always within her heart, she would need years (many seasons hopefully,) of experience before she would merit Celestia abdicating the throne to her.

It is my hope that the show is positioning itself for many, many, many more seasons as we see Twilight slowly become worthy of her heart's destiny.  <3

• Brohoof 1

Yes I think at some point Twilight will ask Celestia for sure as she seems the most obvious choice and they have had that student/teacher relationship for years as well as Luna and Candence. Twilight is the type of pony who likes to dot all her i's and cross her t's often to point of extreme excess so I wouldn't be surprised if she took quite a few notes as well.

• Brohoof 1

- Luna and Celestia conflict

- Proper Derpy appearances again, like in certain S2 eps

- Flutter has episode where the focus is NOT on being assertive/brave/completely losing it

- Rainbow receives "proper" song (I don't exactly count "May The Best Pet Win!")

- Zecora origins ep/flashback sequence at least

- Give Rarity a good piece of the spotlight (personally would like to see her receive at least 3 focus stories again) - Gotta make up for last season wink.png

- More Spike/Rarity moments again

- More Mane6 episodes again, ala Season 1.

- More episodes where 2 or 3 ponies are the central characters again, also ala Season 1.

***Both Mane6 and pair-up episodes were done so much in S1, and worked very well. This occurred somewhat less in S2, not much at all in S3 (although this could also come down to lower ep count), and so would like to see such episodes worked in again more often. I miss this element of the show being so prominent.***

- History of Equestria/Ponyville episode

- Trip to Manehattan

- Big Mac & Cherilee episode/seen together at least (assuming they in fact weren't just trolling the CMC at the end of "Hearts & Hooves Day")

- Episode with focus on a pony and their pet

- Crystal Empire/Crystal Empire Games

- Mane6 have song where they actually all sing together, well and truly properly, for the first time (I would only count "Crystal Empire" to a certain degree) - I've always wanted to hear them ponies harmonize!

- Pony has to temporarily fill in for another's duties (although not just a rehash of the S3 finale of course, I mean as in it being handled in your more typical comical and fun episode way)

- Pinkie running cake shop episode

- Gilda now gives Rainbow a hard time

- Luna entering into ponies' dreams episode, as well as background and general explanation on just how she is able to do this. *Random thought* How about as an actual ep title: "Luna Into Dreams". Get it? Get it? No, oh well...

- End of season twist that rivals even Twilicorn img-1270986-1-blink.png

That'll do for now. img-1270986-2-tongue.png

Edited by PianoOfMuffins
  • Brohoof 3

On how to be a Princess, and thus having these Two Episodes on Twilight being afraid that she will mess things up and asking Cadence Luna Celestia and Blueblood For advices on royal duties?

I have merged your thread with the Season 4 Predictions thread, since it matches here better than under the Alicorn Twilight section.

Edited by Full Spectrum

- Vinyl Scratch and /or Octavia getting a speaking role, even if it's just for a line or two

- A Big Mac episode, he doesn't necessarily have to be the focus of the episode, but having him be a central character for an episode would be nice

- The CMC getting their cutie marks, or an episode where Babs comes to visit and they discover she has a cutie mark and they act happy, but inside are secretly jelous and angry at Babs for getting a cutie mark before them even though she was only recently accepted into the CMC. In the end they learn a lesson about not being envious or something like that.

• Brohoof 3

- I for one DON'T want the Cutie Mark Crusaders to earn their Cutie Marks. They could milk this for a long time coming. Unless the show ends soon, it feels like such a waste to give them their marks. Their entire purpose and role in the story is to constantly seek out their special talents. If they got their marks now, they'd lose out on everything that makes them the CMCs. I say wait. They definitely should get them, but not anytime soon, and not until the show is on its last leg and about to end. And I don't look forward to that day. smile.png

- Twilight will either revert back to a unicorn, or finds a spell that gives her the ability to swap between unicorn and alicorn. I'm not trying to start a Twilicorn war or anything, but I prefer the old Twilight.

- Applejack and Fluttershy really need an episode together. You can count on one hand how many times they've interacted with each other directly. I just would like to see their bond further explored and deepened.

- More locations. We got a whole map of Equestria loaded with places we've never seen. And I love episodes with an adventurous feel to them.

Agreed. Well mostly anyway - like I've said a few other times around here the show is almost (or very close to) its "End Game". We're very lucky the show has lasted thing long (most cartoons I see now-a-days last three seasons at best).

Edited by ~Scootaloo

Agreed. Well mostly anyway - like I've said a few other times around here the show is almost (or very close to) its "End Game". We're very lucky the show has lasted thing long (most cartoons I see now-a-days last three seasons at best).

Now, what makes you say it's close to its end game? As long as the show is successful, it would be silly on Hasbro's part to end it when its popularity is still increasing.

More dirt on the Mane 6's families, etc...

CMC episodes.... 

Rainbow Dash needs a solo song..

Twilight needs to NOT be an Alicorn Princess

Some character development

DERPY

body-switch

gender-switch

Scootalove

Applelove

Fireballove.

WHA-A-AT?

I can't get some love too?

Now, what makes you say it's close to its end game? As long as the show is successful, it would be silly on Hasbro's part to end it when its popularity is still increasing.

The writers can only make so many quality episodes before they begin to run out of ideas. I'm not saying the shows creators cannot think of new ideas, but there is only so many of them that are good.

Edited by ~Scootaloo

The writers can only make so many quality episodes before they begin to run out of ideas. I'm not saying the shows creators cannot think of new ideas, but there is only so many of them that are good.

Okay, I agree. But I don't think they've even come close to letting us down yet, so I wouldn't say FiM is anywhere near its end game. Besides, even if the show jumped the shark like SpongeBob it could STILL continue beyond that. SpongeBob is going on 9 or 10 seasons now, and its quality sunk many many season ago.