Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

@,

Hello. We already happened to have a pinned topic dedicated to sharing things that we predict/hope will be in Season 4, so for convenience I have merged your thread with the older one. In the future, please use the search feature to ensure that there aren't existing topics identical to any you are planning to create.

As for my hopes (almost none of these have any chance of happening)

1: Different Type of Finale

A season finale with either completely balanced screentime between the Mane Six, or one giving focus to a character that isn't Twilight. I've given up hope for the premiere, since that will obviously be exploring the ramifications of Princess Twilight. This will have given Twilight conspicuous top billing in the last four major episodes, and while I am trying to stay optimistic that the show won't turn into Princess Twilight and Pals it would really help me if they kept things balanced in a major set of episodes. I also think it might be interesting if another member was given focus. How would an Applejack two-parter look? Or a Pinkie Pie one? I'm not entirely sure, but I wouldn't mind seeing either of these.

2: Flashbacks, flashbacks and more flashbacks. 

Some things I've been into have overdone this device to the point of stupidity, but I think that expanding on the pasts of important characters would be very enjoyable and help me to better understand what makes them tick. Plus, the Filly Six are adorable and I wouldn't mind seeing them as teenagers either.

3: A Princess Flashback Episode.

Ties in with the last wish, but a lot of stuff happened a thousand or so years ago. And for the most part we are in the dark about it. Big worldbuilding potential + development for Royal Sisters + one more appearance from villainous Discord + possible backstory for Sombra= A good episode in my book. It was on my list for last season, and I'm still hoping for it for the next one.

4: Pinkie Pie sings little tunes again. 

Last season she became much more hit and miss with me than in seasons 1 & 2. She also didn't sing any quirky songs. Coincidence? Maybe. But I think Pinkie expresses a lot of personality through singing, and I enjoy her little songs a lot. I want them back.

5: Dashie gets a song for herself.

Only Mane Six pony who hasn't ever gotten a solo. It would be both amazing and fair.

6: Lightning Dust returns.

I don't know how they would handle Lightning. She could be repentant, vengeful, neither, but I feel like there is some untapped potential in her and I'd like to see it put to use, regardless of how. I think it would be cool to have a This Day Aria'esque song contrasting her and Dash.

7: Some kind of sister episode

We sort of got this back in Sleepless in Ponyville but there was a clear emphasis on Rainbow and Scootaloo. I wouldn't mind an episode focused equally on the Crusaders' various relationships with their sisters. Lots of potential in this idea.

• Brohoof 4

1. Sister episode - A more elaborated sequel to Sleepless in Ponyville but, this time more centered on Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo's relationship.

2. Rarity episodes - More Rarity episodes since she has been neglected lately, she at least deserves episodes in Season 4 at least.

3. Backstory episode about Celestia & Luna - More information about Celestia & Luna's sister relationship and, maybe reveal more then we already know. Maybe about their parents and how they became Princesses.

4. A new villain - A new emergence of a new villain that has a new personality, back story, appearance, and a motive on why they do what they do as a villain. Probably another female villain.

• Brohoof 1

I really hope for these:

• More Luna
  • Twilight NOT being an alicorn
  • More Derpy
  • More Spike. Something cute.
  • More Rarity
  • The CMC finally getting their cutie marks and coming up with a new club!

I'm curious to see more of Babs Seed. Maybe we could get an episode where Applejack and Apple Bloom visit Manehattan for a while to see Babs' life in the big city. In Apple Family Reunion, Babs mentioned that she made two friends with blank flanks who want to be Crusaders too. Babs also mentioned a sister in One Bad Apple. I'd really like to see these friends and family, as it seemed like both of these mentions were a possible foreshadowing of what's to come. And we could finally get to see more of Manehattan. The thought of AJ having to go back to that dreaded city life that she hated amuses me greatly.

Edited by Sugar Cube

-shining armor becomes a father (closer to the end)

-twilight learning how to fly from dashie

-celestia and luna background story

-rainbow dash makes her own team of wonderblots

-scootaloo finds out rainbow dash is her real sister

-celestia gets married

-MOAR LUNA

-MOAR OCTAVIA AND VIYNL

-less spike

that's about it :)

• Brohoof 1

Spike goes on a date with rarity? FIANLLY....... We all know its gonna happen..... eventually. We all know that they like each other :) oh and also would be cool if they had more Twilight freakout moments.

• Brohoof 1

-Capitalization on Scootaloo and Dash's relationship that's been established in SiP.

-More Rainbow Dad, in any way shape or form.

-Always good with more Discord, now that he's been un-stoned they might as well show him every now and then in cameos.

-More on Celestia and Luna. I'd love to see them goofing around and having fun or something, maybe even with Discord, since he's no longer malicious. Something like this, perhaps.

-I'd really enjoy seeing Celestia become a villain. She's always been portrayed as completely incorruptible, the ultimate good. Especially if Twilight is becoming an alicorn now, it'd be very interesting to see her face the ultimate challenge with her friends: Defeating her teacher, in order to bring her back.

Y'know, I had the idea once that Twilicorn might have to take on a corrupted form of Celestia. It would certainly make for an interesting battle; we'd get a good chunk (if not the full monty) of Celly's power and meanwhile Twi's loyalty to Celestia, coupled with her dedication to the common good would be immensely tested. Twi wouldn't want to fight her teacher, but she knows that on the other hand all of ponykind was at stake. Interesting, is it not?

Spike goes on a date with rarity? FIANLLY....... We all know its gonna happen..... eventually. We all know that they like each other smile.png oh and also would be cool if they had more Twilight freakout moments.

Without a doubt, certain aspects of Twilight's princesshood would probably stress her out, and after watching "Lesson Zero" that is something I would love to see.

Edited by Firebolt Blitz

Firstly I'd like to see a more in depth presentation of Twilight's Princesshood. The season 3 finale really didn't give us much and I'd like to see more about what it actually entails other than 'Oh it's such an honor'.

Secondly, a Rarity episode. I heard that Spike at Your Service was supposed to feature Rarity instead of Applejack, but was changed because Applejack's character fit the role better. As a result we haven't seen much of Rarity, and what we have seen I don't think is all that impressive. So a Rarity episode is in order, and a damn good one at that, to make up for the previous season's absence.

Most importantly, though, I'd like a villain with a sympathetic motive. Every villain we've seen so far has been obviously evil from start to finish. But I want to see something like this for a change. Someone morally ambiguous rather than flat out antagonistic.

Here's hoping Season 4 will be good.

• Brohoof 2

So far, my current hopes for Season 4 would be:

• Discord having his own adventure (by himself or with Fluttershy)
  • Lightning Dust returning and challenging Rainbow Dash to a one-on-one race (since Lightning Dust was expelled from the Wonderbolt Academy)
  • Rarity meeting with the same purple sea dragon from Season 1
  • The CMC finally getting their cutie marks (as well as Babs Seed, if its possible)
  • Diamond Dogs making their reappearance (possibly?)
  • Equestria Games held in the Crystal Empire (from the episode Games Ponies Play)

That's all I could think of so far for the upcoming season. :D

More brony themed epsiodes

DERPY!!!!!!!! - I would like to share my theory on Derpy coming back real quick:

What if that wink she did in the finale was a "I'm baaack!!"

JUST BRING HER BAAACK!!!! I MADE MUFFINS FOR THE OCCASION!!!derpy_emoticon2.png derpy_emoticon2.pngderpy_emoticon2.png derpy_emoticon2.png derpy_emoticon2.png  

It would be very interesting if in season 4, Twilight Sparkle is conflicted with her time to spending with her friends and her newly found duties as a princess and is having a hard time trying to plan for all that she wants to do with her friends and her royal duties for learning to be a princess. This leads to stress and sadness as she soon realizes that as a princess, she may be forced to give up her friends to do her duty.

They should do an episode with just a big mash-up of all our beloved back round characters getting into a troubling predicament, each trying to solve it in their own way, but learn that they have to work together and combine their solutions to get the job done, maybe this enlightenment can be learned by Princess Twilight seeing the trouble and coming to help and offer her advise.  

Like many of you here, I'd like to see:

- More Rarity episodes

- The return of the Changelings, as they have lots of potential to be formidable villains

- The return of Sombra (and him actually doing something!)

- An episode or two that shows more of Rarity and Rainbow Dash's relationship

- I'd really like to see what the writers have in mind for Princess Twilight, and how she develops now that she's an Alicorn

- Also more Spike-centric episodes!

I'll post again if I think of anything else!

• Brohoof 1

Equestria Games held in the Crystal Empire (from the episode Games Ponies Play)

Obviously the writers will take every opertunity they can to use Cadance and Shining Armor again.

Speaking of SA, how about an episode where he doesn't need his little sister to swoop in and save his hide?

I want to see the return of the King of Equestria (from being sealed away for 1,000 years, of course).

Well, now that Discord has been reformed, I definitely want to see some of him. Oh, and I would also like to see some more about the princesses. I could go on and on, but I have other things to be doing with my life. To sum it all up,

• More character-centered episodes
  • Alicorn Twilight learning to fly
  • More CMC episodes
  • Brohoof 1

I really want Discord evil again.

I was appalled when the producers decided to make him 'reformed'. That took everything he meant as a character away from him. Reducing him to a 'nice guy'. Which is nothing like he is meant to be.

I would also like to see more Fluttershy episodes, I cannot get enough Fluttershy episodes ^^

There are too many things to hope to happen in season 4. I think it would be really awesome if they have more episodes on Celestia and Luna. It would be cool to know more about Applejack's parents as well. More songs would be great. And also......I NEED MORE DERPY!!!!!!

I'd love to see Twilight do a lesson on magic. :D In my eyes that would be just so, bucking cool. I want to see where all the science and egg-heady stuff comes into it. :P

All of you truly have great predictions on what should appear on season 4!

Almost everything you guys said is what I want to happen for the next season!

I on the other hand, only want one thing and one thing only, the failed promise of season 3...

The Rarity and Octavia duet!

two_kinds_of_beauty_by_quanno3-d587j1k.p

(edited)

I really want Discord evil again.I was appalled when the producers decided to make him 'reformed'. That took everything he meant as a character away from him. Reducing him to a 'nice guy'. Which is nothing like he is meant to be. I would also like to see more Fluttershy episodes, I cannot get enough Fluttershy episodes ^^

You know in my eyes I don't see him reformed. He's the same character we know and love...Just neutral. Besides if he was "evil" he'd get EoH blasted again and I'd hate to not see him anymore.

I like Rarity and I love her singing. I don't know where the rumor with her and Octavia duet came from but I think if Rarity is going to be doing any duets it will (and should) be with her sister Sweetie Belle. Just think how awesome those two would sound together!!!!

I might respond to other predictions because I'm fresh out other than the fact they need to flesh out Spike a bit more with him and good species. Speaking of failed season 3 rumors.

I want Dragonshy 2: Dragonborn. lol

Edited by Lady Rainicorn
  • Brohoof 1

more screentime for background ponies

more Rarity episodes

More evil or neutral Discord 

More Babs Seed and CMC

More Rainbowdash and Scootaloo/Rarity and Sweetiebelle sistership

Sweetiebelle centric episode

More episodes than season 3; songs

MAKE LUNA DO SOMETHING :/ 

Morah Zecora

Hopefully a move from Y7 to G-rating

Since Discord might be getting his cutiemark(according to a post from MA Larson's twitterfeed), I hope they won't have it be with something like making pranks/making people life, etc, cuz Pinkie already has that pretty much, and it wouldn't be his character. Maybe he could be the Keeper of something? IDK; but I hope they make a good twist on it, while keeping to his true calling: chaos. I'm sure everyone's wondering what he'll be in S4.

To be honest, I'd love to hear an official Vinyl Scratch or Octavia voice. Maybe a new stallion with the "bad boy" attitude(although it won't happen. Yes, teach little girls to be a bad boy), an episode for Scootaloo and Rainbow Dash, another Derpy appearance where she actually speaks, what's happening to Babs Seed and the CMC brance in Manehatten, an episode where Lightning Dust challenges Rainbow Dash, like Trixie sid with Twilight Sparkle, and that's all I can think of for now

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Prediction for season 4: a troubled Pricness Twilight will visit Princess Cadance and, when Cadance tries to sing "Sunshine, sunshine...." with her, Twilight will apologise for not being in the mood to sing it.

EDIT: I'll add a hope, and apologies if someone else has thought of it, but...maybe the CMCs find an injured Changeling left over from the battle and try to nurse it back to health.

Edited by John Mellenclop