25$ giveaway for best OC character! [Closed]

Pixel Mouse

It's over!

So basically this is what happened.

Inside my head, The Original PWD's "Arcane" and Alpha Centauri's "Freida Furry Ears"

were having a epic battle. Arcane firing his uber lazors of cuteness, and Freida building an incredible amount of sheer awesome power simply with her presence. Suddenly Arcane shot a bolt of cuteness directly at Freida, but she dodged just in time. Freida's aura exploded back at Arcane and then.....!

* Commercial break*

During the final lead up to the end of the contest, I got an excellent submission from Winterbass.

Unfortunately, it didn't quite fit, but was still really amazing. In a later post, it came up that he had actually hurt his drawing hand. So, I don't know if it's healed yet, but everyone wish him well!

As a second honorable mention, Basileus Soundgarden submitted possible the most incredible OC ever.

As you can tell, it wasn't right to use in the animation, because this character passes the amount of work and quality that goes into characters actually used in MLP: FiM. Basically it was too good for the animation. Unbelievable. You are an inspiration to us all.

Alright, now back to the epic battle between Arcane and Freida. Something happened about a second cuteness lazer, huge explosions and various other epic stuff. In the end, I couldn't resist the cuteness anymore.

Congratulations to The Original PWD's "Arcane"!

Thanks to everyone for making this possible and submitting such awesome OCs!

The only thing left to do is finish the animation, and having everyone contribute to it is a huge honor. I don't totally know when I can finish it, but hopefully it will be fairly soon.

Thanks to everyone for posting, and have a great day!

It's been fun... But now it's done. Congrats to everyone.

If you want to, you can see the original post below.

Plot of the animation (Spoilered)

The animation is a redo of the events for season 2's finale. Instead of finding Cadence underground, Twilight finds no one, and proceeds up to the doors outside the hall, where she makes a dramatic choice between the safety of Equestria and her own life. However, on entering the hall, she finds that someone else has a similar idea. Together, weaving a spell that will change everything.

OK, theres a lot I didn't tell you in this block of text, but now most of you probably understand why I need OCs. No wedding can be complete without a crowd, and it also makes it more fun to wreak havoc on.

I really hope you enjoyed my fancy text, but now it's time to get down to business.

There will be several winners. Only one of them will get an actual prize, but there are several options available. Also, I will note now, that OCs MUST be drawn according to 5 rules.

Rule 1: Be drawn in the same style of the show. I know there are really talented people who draw incredible things, but what I need has to look like something from the show, and I won't consider anything else. (Sorry, I'm picky.) Also, ponys can be any species, with a horn and wings. Alicorns are discouraged, but considered.

Rule 2: Provide a high quality image. 300x300px is not a high quality image. What i'm hoping for should be a little over 5000x5000px. (Vector quality) HOWEVER. 2000x2000px and up works, but i'll choose a higher quality OC for the winner. (Unless your image is really good.)

Rule 3: Image must be a .PNG file. Other file types don't work so great in my animation program, so a .png file is best.

Rule 4: Upload your image to mediafire.com, or another file sharing site. Post a link to it below with the name you would like to be referenced as, and your forum username. If you can't be bothered with uploading it, then just provide it as an attachment. img-1191422-1-smile.png

It should look a bit like this:

Link: www.mediafire.com/fancylinkstuffherethatyoucopiedfromthesiteyouuploadedtoo

Name: David

Forum name: dabram71

Rule 5: No action shots. I am looking for ponys to make the scene look complete. A standing pose is good.

So what's the prize?

The prize, is a 25 dollar gift card. The store it will be related with is up to the winner. I will note however, that I live in Canada, and can't get a gift from an American only store. To the future winner: We will be in touch, so don't be afraid to ask if Canada has a (insert store name here).

So how do I win?

Now, although I probably will be hit with indecision over what one to pick, I will not be giving out the prize to a random winner, I will pick my favorite, so the final choice will be biased by my personal tastes. To avoid repetitive OCs I won't tell you what my tastes are, but I will tell you that I do favor larger images. The larger, the better. Also, if you're drawing a OCs, the animation I am making is a very high drama setting, so ponys with shocked expressions will fit in better. While My Little Pony may be smiles and cupcakes, this animation is much more serious, so at least no smiles if you can't get a good shocked expression.

There will be one prize, so obviously one winner. I know, I am looking for both OC characters AND a mane, featured character. (following the description noted just after the rules) Whatever one you do, I will choose my favorite and/or best image as the winner out of all of them, so you have no advantage by doing one or the other.

The title of this post said something about fame too...

If your OC or mane character is chosen, you will get one beautiful spot in the credits, and a link to your forum page or destination of your choice (personal website?) in the description of the animation. I will PM the owner behind every OC chosen for the video. It's going on YouTube! While my current YouTube channel has a very flimsy 50 or so subscribers, the size of this project in terms of things I have done in the past is pretty big, so I hope to bring in many more, and if subscribers don't come, views will start to come in anyway. As my channel is VERY small right now, starting out will be slow, but if I have too, I will simply buy some views so it gets that little boost to get going. (YouTube featured video) Oh and by the way, when I say you will be in the credits, your name will appear next to a picture of your OC.

Deadlines

Feeling scared already? Don't worry. You have till march 30th. (The last day of march.) If I don't get enough results by then I will post a notice extending the deadline. So officially, the contest ends on 3/30/13, at 5:00 PM, pacific standard time.

Terms

If you post a entry on this page following the format required, then I have permission to use your character in my animation, even if you don't win the gift card. A spot in the credits and the description of the video will be given to all participants whose characters where selected to be in the actual video. Honorable mentions will be given to people who didn't bother to read this, and made a character that didn't follow the rules, but still looked amazing.

Good luck and have fun!

Edited by Pixel Mouse

signature_by_chaossparkle-d5w79qh.png?1

:blink: Oh... i have a complete vector OC with a surprised expression. Unfortunately i'm away for work and don't have my External HDD with the file on it so i'll have to upload it later.

One question. Can the OC be any species of pony? My vector is an Alicorn (Not thin like Celestia but regular like twilight) but i can easily remove either the horn of wings or both to make it a regular old earth pony?

Edited by Bucky_McGillycuddy

:blink: Oh... i have a complete vector OC with a surprised expression. Unfortunately i'm away for work and don't have my External HDD with the file on it so i'll have to upload it later.

One question. Can the OC be any species of pony? My vector is an Alicorn (Not thin like Celestia but regular like twilight) but i can easily remove either the horn of wings or both to make it a regular old earth pony?

Yes it can be any species. Thanks for pointing that out, I will make sure add it to the main post. Alicorns... I dunno, as princesses they don't quite fit in, but I would really have to take a look to see if it works, after all Cadence, Twilight and Celestia can't be the only ones...

Thanks for posting,

Dave

Edited by dabram71

Kay. I might as well submit my OCs. Not shaded pics attached. I don't really want the reward though. Just feel free to use them.Also - let me know when it's done. :P AND IF YOU WANT ME TO PUT IT ON IMGUR BECAUSE THIS DOESN'T QUALIFY AS AN IMAGE SHARING SITE, LET ME KNOW (and quote me, or else I won't get it).

• Brohoof 7

leafeon.gif

Eeveelutions:

@Vaporeon: N-Harmonia        : Ampharos      @Flareon: Descant/Bard

@Espeon:  Locked        @Umbreon: Lhee        @Leafeon:   Firebolt        @Glaceon: Mal        @Sylveon: Don'tDropThatDedenne

um. its not the best but whatever. you can use it for background if you like. (I also didn't draw it I used pony creator) you could use that too for your own. it's really nice(it also has an import cutie mark option). I hope you like it (oh and yeah mine doesn't have a cutie mark because my o.c. is just an adult blank flank)  :lol: post-12163-0-21889900-1361377302_thumb.png

img-1269971-1-1MXoYH6.png

Signature by Gone ϟ Airbourne :)

Hello!

Needs a high quality picture - Dang it!

Alicorns are discouraged, but considered - Dang it! oh wait. :P

I do really wish i would have a high quality image of my OC.

Edit:

Don't pay atention to this post :P, considering i don't fit the requirments, i won't waste your time :P. Maybe i'll magicaly get a high quality Vector until March 30th :P, who knows.

Edited by Concord

post-3479-0-21158300-1361549423.png

Thank you MatrixChicken for the Signature!

Sounds awesome.  Sadly I typically portray Prismatic as a Royal Earth Pony Guard (whether or not his pupils contain geometric shapes or not is something he can probably change or wear contacts to appease Celestia) so it's not that I am 'original'. XD

Edited by Prismatic

Hello there, I may as well see if I can get Freida into this. I can edit her expression/stance if need be, but I hope this is alright.

Name: Freida Furry Ears (Freida)

Forum Name: Alpha Centauri

post-1641-0-96182300-1361393847_thumb.png

p.s. I haven't decided a Cutie mark for her yet, so it's ok to miss it out :)

Edited by Alpha Centauri
  • Brohoof 2

eg72f7.png
Don't forget to check out my deviantART page

Kay. I might as well submit my OCs. Not shaded pics attached. I don't really want the reward though. Just feel free to use them.Also - let me know when it's done. :P AND IF YOU WANT ME TO PUT IT ON IMGUR BECAUSE THIS DOESN'T QUALIFY AS AN IMAGE SHARING SITE, LET ME KNOW (and quote me, or else I won't get it).

Whoa. Those are fantastic. I had an idea for a character, so I want to learn to vector. What program should I use? I hear a lot of recommendations for inkscape.

jALDz9i.png

Make sense? What fun is there in making sense?

Whoa. Those are fantastic. I had an idea for a character, so I want to learn to vector. What program should I use? I hear a lot of recommendations for inkscape.

I don't vector. I use a raster program called Paint Tool Sai.

If you want to make an OC, and you want to vector... Look up what vectoring is pls.

leafeon.gif

Eeveelutions:

@Vaporeon: N-Harmonia        : Ampharos      @Flareon: Descant/Bard

@Espeon:  Locked        @Umbreon: Lhee        @Leafeon:   Firebolt        @Glaceon: Mal        @Sylveon: Don'tDropThatDedenne

I don't vector. I use a raster program called Paint Tool Sai.

If you want to make an OC, and you want to vector... Look up what vectoring is pls.

I know what vectoring is -_-

I know what most things computer related are, I just haven't gotten around to learning them.

But I will look into that program :) Thanks :)

jALDz9i.png

Make sense? What fun is there in making sense?

Hello there, I may as well see if I can get Freida into this. I can edit her expression/stance if need be, but I hope this is alright.

Name: Freida Furry Ears (Freida)

Forum Name: Alpha Centauri

attachicon.gifFreida - Layers.png

p.s. I haven't decided a Cutie mark for her yet, so it's ok to miss it out :)

Awesome! I like it. Would it be possible for you to add a shocked expression, and also maybe a view from the side as well? If you can't get a new angle, then no matter, it's very good for now. :)

um. its not the best but whatever. you can use it for background if you like. (I also didn't draw it I used pony creator) you could use that too for your own. it's really nice(it also has an import cutie mark option). I hope you like it (oh and yeah mine doesn't have a cutie mark because my o.c. is just an adult blank flank)  :lol: attachicon.gifponyWithBackground.png

Pretty cool! Would it be possible to get this without the background? As I am animating, it's handy to be able to get images in right away. If you have one made already without the background it would be handy. If you don't, it's not too hard to edit it out, so don't bother editing it.

It would be nice to see Emi on some kind of action walking around or being friendly with some other ponies. Here she is with no BG.

post-9346-0-30634300-1361422175_thumb.png

Her Cutie Mark

post-9346-0-95953500-1361422727_thumb.png

Here is the link for you to download. 

If you need an idea of her personality you can see her profile here 

http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/earth-miracle-emi-r2230

Edited by Colt
  • Brohoof 3

It would be nice to see Emi on some kind of action walking around or being friendly with some other ponies. Here she is with no BG.

img-1195680-1-attachicon.gifEmi-Earth Miracle.png

Her Cutie Mark

img-1195680-2-attachicon.gifCM-EMI-export.png

Here is the link for you to download. 

If you need an idea of her personality you can see her profile here 

http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/earth-miracle-emi-r2230

Woah! The shadows and color is absolutely amazing. This is a truly incredible peice of work, but I will note that the animation is a drama and I was hoping for some slightly more serious expressions. Still though, this quality work of is excellent, we have a true professional here. If it isn't possible to get a more appropriate expression or fit Emi into the animation in a way that looks right, if you don't mind this will go in a honorable mentions section after the animation?

I figured I would give this a shot. Here's my OC Rivet Penelope Gearhead (left)

and her automaton Tinker Toy (right)

Hope you like her.

Would it be possible to get her without her robot creation and wrench in her mouth? I like it a lot, but those wouldn't quite fit in. 

I would submit mine, but I am not sure if he would fit into this animation. Who knows though, maybe I will submit it.

Of course, if you want to see him, look below.

Looks awesome actually. Most of the OCs will be used as characters to blend in with the crowd, so really almost anything goes. :) (Other than alicorns and action posed characters) (Although alicorns are fine too really... Idk, just submit it xD)

Edited by dabram71

I just remembered that I had an old OC that I made a year ago or so. I haven't used it much, but I think it's what you're looking for

kPalJ3e.png

Can I have my 25 bucks now?

• Brohoof 11

Looks awesome actually. Most of the OCs will be used as characters to blend in with the crowd, so really almost anything goes. :) (Other than alicorns and action posed characters) (Although alicorns are fine too really... Idk, just submit it xD)

That is the only issue, my character is an Alicorn. (Though former Pegasus, he was permanently transformed by the Alicorn amulet, which infused with him.) interesting no?

Either way, I will figure something out. This contest seems neat.

• Brohoof 1

KyoshiFrostWolfSIG1.jpg.b0b2e3d0d15e6abf25982983986dcba1.jpg

I just remembered that I had an old OC that I made a year ago or so. I haven't used it much, but I think it's what you're looking for

kPalJ3e.png

Can I have my 25 bucks now?

Wow! The detail is unbelievable! Where can I send your 25 dollars? :P

Alright, I can't actually use this, but it will go in honorable mentions for sure. Made my day. :)

• Brohoof 1

Actually I would prefer that. It's just this was the best picture that showed the most of her. The goggles on her head are also optional. 

Nice. I think the goggles on her head is part of her personality, so we should have no problems there. Please post an updated one soon. :D

Erm... i doubt my OC's are hardly worthy... but... it couldn't hurt, could it? Sorry if they aren't 'shocked' or in the wrong pose, I really can't change that... sorry?. Also, my alicorn (technically pegasus) OC has a snapped horn (can't use magic), but i guess she is still Alicorn in a way. (And the picture's are huge... sorry again) Also, the cutie mark on the second one doesn't need to be there, its not the right one anyway.

8ab188795d72e05947b9ef3bf64a730e.png

f0780fdaf6db33ec0db922b58c7aecdb.png

ZweVdoH.jpg

Edited by Fiera es #2
  • Brohoof 1

Cyril Coltefeller, the Head of Magical and Technological Development.

Fierasil de Rosa Canter, the optimistic flyer.