Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming First videogame you played ?

Soultensionb

PS1

Crash Mothabuckin' Bandicoot 2! This was my first game of all-time, as the PS1 was the first console I owned. Loved it to pieces, and no matter how difficult it got, I would still try my best.

N64

Super Mario 64. I don't really need to explain why. Who wouldn't buy this if they had an N64?

Sega Mega Drive (Genesis)

Sonic The Hedgehog 2. Didn't own a Mega Drive for long, but this was definitely the best I had for it.

GB

Super Mario Bros. Deluxe.

GBA

Link To The Past. Never owned the SNES version (I had a SNES but I kept thinking it was a NES lol), but I was given this by a friend and played it to completion.

GameCube

Super Mario Sunshine, Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, and Luigi's Mansion. Got them with my GameCube, and I got SSBM, Pikmin and Wind Waker in the same year.

PS2

Ratchet & Clank. Got this from my bro very close to its release, and still own it today.

Xbox

Ty the Tasmanian Tiger, and Blinx the Time Sweeper.

PSP

LocoRoco.

DS

Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith. Surprisingly good game.

Wii

Wii Sports. Bundled with every Wii console.

Xbox 360

FIFA 09.

PS3

Heavenly Sword and Folklore. Launch bundle with the PS3.

3DS

Ocarina of Time 3D. Only game I got for it.

PS Vita

Everybody's Golf. Big fan of the previous game in the franchise, so I bought this as soon as I got my Vita.

I haven't a clue about any definitive game or it's space in time, but the ones that I have the fondest and most vivid memories of are Super Mario 64, and Yoshi's Story. Both of these are games that I first felt closest connected to.

I don't even remember what my very first game was, but I know that the original Spyro trilogy were the defining games of my childhood. I became a fan of Insomniac Games and eventually got into Ratchet & Clank and Resistance because of it.

I refuse to acknowledge the existence of any Spyro games after Year of the Dragon.

Not quite sure what it was called. I was only 5 at the time. It was probably on the SNES and it was a game where I flew a plane or fighter craft around and I was shooting a bunch of stuff coming at me. 1st game that I can remember was Rampage world tour on the N64.

• 3 weeks later...

The first game I ever played was Spider-man for the play station.

I saw elektro in the opening scene and I was like "I'm going to have to fight him already?!"
and then I turned it off and didn't play for a month 'cause I was scared.

My very very very first video game... if we can call this a video game: 

Nintendo's Donkey Kong on Game & Watch (1984). It's pretty much the Nintendo DS ancestor. 

Donkey_kong_game_and_watch.jpg

My very first game? It's really hard to remember, but I think first game, I ever had on my PC was Star Wars: Rogue Squadron. I'd love to play it again, but so far I've failed in my attempts to run it on windows 7 :(

My first ever game was Tony Hawk's American Wasteland. And you know what? It was great. The graphics were pretty bad, but the story was fun as hell and the characters were great. 10/10 GOTY

My very first game was Hotwheel Velocity, a Gameboy game.

I still have it, and play sometimes, it's a decent game actually, even if it was made in 2002.

Then I got a Shrek video game, and then Pokemon Firered, which have been stole at school earlier this year... :(

• 11 months later...

Mario 64. Unlike anything I'd ever seen before. I wasn't really allowed to play vg's before, then I played this one while I was at somebody's house. I was in heaven while playing it.

645507-xwing.jpg

I still adore- and will continue to adore this game until the day I die.
It's one of those rare exceptions in video gaming where - even when I no longer actively game - I can come back to and just KNOW that I will have tons of fun.

I can't say with certainty. My earliest video-game-related memory is watching my cousin bounce around the treehouse in the first Donkey Kong Country game, but I'm certain I must have seen some of the SNES Mario games in action and at least held a controller while they were on.

The first game I ever owned? That one's easier. Super Mario 64, which I was given as a Christmas present along with the console it launched with. It was magical. Certain moments still stick out in my memory, like having my day ruined by seeing Mario drown, or being so frightened of Bowser the first time he showed up that I had to get my mother to fight him. Fun times.

I never did beat that game...

• 3 months later...