Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming First videogame you played ?

Soultensionb

The first game I ever played was probably Sonic the Hedgehog 2: Sonic and Tails. I just ran and checked, and I still have it along with the Genesis console!

I was really little, but I remember not being that good at it so I would watch my sister play it instead, along with Super Mario 64

Sonic 2 on Sega Genesis comes to mind.  Although, there was this weird handheld "football" game that I played.  I never understood how to play it and it was really just lines that light up.  I just kinda messed around with it, since it was a relic from my father.  See image below:

Mattel-Football.jpg

• Brohoof 1

Back in 2003 I got a PlayStation 2 for my birthday with Need for Speed: Underground. I remember being so damn excited to play it. I was pretty bad at the game when I started but I enjoyed it nonetheless. Whenever I see the game cover or hear its name I get so nostalgic. :wub:

• Brohoof 1

• 5 years later...

i'm not sure, but it was probably something on friv4school or cool math games because everybody played on those websites on the school computers back when i was in year two (i'm in year nine now and everybody still plays on cool math games, lol). some of the first games i ever played were:

• Electric Man 2 (friv4school)
  • The World's Hardest Game (cool math games)

i thought i'd be able to list more, but actually, those were pretty much the only games i played until about year three. it was probably one of those two

Again, impossible to say. My family had an NES when I was super young and I did play some games on it. The ones I remember playing the most were not Nintendo's famous titles, but instead titles like Bug's Bunny's Birthday Blowout, some Tiny Toons game, and Mega Man 2.

Let me tell you, it's super weird watching YouTube videos of these. I know the Bugs Bunny game is considered awful, but it really does take me waaaaayyy back.

• Brohoof 1

I'm pretty sure that it was an educational game on the computer. It was kind of like a racing game, but was actually pretty decent for what it was. I still have the CD ROM for it somewhere, but I have no idea if it'll still work.

If Heroes of Might & Magic and Age Of Empires counts, it'll be one of those. If not it would be one of my cousin's PS2/3 (number. Counfusing) games. There was a racing/running one I like to play and always lose. The only thing I remember about it was that it was kinda colourful and one character was called Coco?

• Brohoof 1

My first game is some educational PC game that I don’t remember the name of.

The first video game I ever played to completion all on my own was Pokemon FireRed. At the time, I didn’t know you could have a team of Pokémon so I trudged through only with my Charizard. 

(edited)

I was never really a gamer, but Sonic the Hedgehog was probably the first game I really played. I've always liked the speedy little guy! Loved the Saturday AM cartoon, and really liked the new movie!

960x0.jpg

I'm glad they listened to fans and fixed him up so he'd look right!

Edited by cuteycindyhoney

I forgot, I actually played some games on the PC/Mac when I was really young, too. I still assume the NES games came first, but there's really no way of knowing for sure.

I remember playing this 'game' (it may not have even been a game lol) on really old Macs (like their screens still had just green and black. IDK, not familiar with terms for the history of computers) where there were alarm clocks and you could make them explode or ring or something. I don't know what it was. I'd have to ask my mom, I think she'd remember.

One I remember for sure was a game was this old Snoopy game where he was flying on his doghouse and you had to avoid mountains and the like. I suspect this was later than I played the NES games, but IDK, I remember being in my dad's lap when I played this game?