Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming First videogame you played ?

Soultensionb

Dungeon Keeper 2.  How long ago was that?  My new PC had Windows 3.1  I thought it was an AD&D supplement that would let me design dungeons

Mr Gates, everybody says you are so -ing smart, take a little extra time & get Windows right.  Don't keep making all these updates.  I'm old & having to keep relearning all this crap makes my brain hurt.

Medal of Honor: Underground

Medal_of_Honor_-_Underground_Coverart.pn

on the PSone

An odd first game because I was only like 6 or something and I was playing a WW2 FPS. lmao

I can't remember the exact game, but when I was young the state of the art in home video games was this kind of thing. Small, hand-held games consoles that had a single game hard-coded into them. I'm pretty sure I had one of the early Mario Bros ones. It would have looked something like this:

marios-cement-factory.png

Man, you kids can't understand how excited everyone was when these came out!

That said, I was never really into consoles very much.

Probably the earliest computer game I remember playing was Where in the World is Carmen Sandiago?

That said, I was never really into computer games very much either.

Edited by Vital Spark
  • Brohoof 1

When I was about 6 or 7 years old my father gave me a console(no-name) and a cartridge that wrote "Prince of Persia". I know it was some bad quality copy of other consoles and the game was working only for a couple of weeks, but that PoP brought me into the gaming world.

And ever since, I always go back to play some original PoP on an emulator now-and-then ^_^

Probably Mario kart 64. I grew up watching my 3 older siblings play video games, like Mario 64, Ocarina of Time, Pokémon Puzzle league...it's hard to remember which one I actually started playing first.

(I remember hiding under a blanket whenever my bro went into an area with redeads in LozOoc).

• Brohoof 1

When I was around 8 or 9 (or maybe younger?) I had this Namco game thing that could be hooked up to the TV and I could play Pac-man and Dig-dug and other easy-to-learn Namco games. So probably that :P

I don't think I have it anymore :c

Edited by SparklingSwirls
  • Brohoof 1

Pretty sure it was Lego Racers on the Ps1. I even think I can remember it... Good memories... :lol: Makes me want to find it now and play it :P

Edited by Raritas
  • Brohoof 1

I believe it was Super Mario Bros on SNES, then Yoshi's Island which is still a great game!

Yoshi's story is also very amazing. Glad I grew up with those games. :)

• Brohoof 1

, I went ahead and merged your topic with old one discussing this very topic. 

-_-

I can't remember anymore. The more I think about it the more I keep thinking, "No Wait ... it was this."

I'm going to say Defender, Bezerk, Pac-Man, Popeye, or Q*Bert

I remember exactly what is was, partially because I still have it.

When I was 4 or so years old, I got a PlayStation, and the one game bundled with it was the original Gran Turismo.

• Brohoof 1

I don't know if I can recall the exact first game I've ever played, but I know one of the earliest has to be "Track and Field" for the NES. 

I remember the thing you plugged in to play it. It was basically like a twister mat fused with a Dance Dance pad

power-pad-nes.jpg

but the first video game I've actually played while having Developed motor skills would probably be Super Mario World (snes)