Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Multiverse Theory: Opinions and Discussion

why

Do you belive in the multiverse theory?  

36 users have voted

1. 1. Do you belive in the multiverse theory?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't know

That's why it's a theory

A scientific theory gives hypotheses that have been shown with repeated testing. If enough evidence accumulates to support a hypothesis, it moves to the next step—known as a theory—in the scientific method and becomes accepted as a valid explanation of a particular phenomenon.

The disclaimer was necessary, because people can misinterpret this as "Oh my god! Equestria can be real!". I've gotten into an argument over that many times lol.

• Brohoof 2

Alrighty. Well, it's still more speculation than anything. But, using theories that we currently accept as fact, time and space are continuous, without boundaries. Multiverse, while without true concrete proof, is still a valid speculation, and through this we can support our idea that there may indeed be a universe parallel to the FiM show.

• Brohoof 2

I dont buy the whole multiverse theory. Scientists have not provided enough solid evidence as to the legitimacy of the theory. However, supposing the theory is correct, equestria would exist because there would be infinite alternate universes and every possibility would exist. But once again, i dont believe the multiverse theory.

• Brohoof 2

I dont buy the whole multiverse theory. Scientists have not provided enough solid evidence as to the legitimacy of the theory. However, supposing the theory is correct, equestria would exist because there would be infinite alternate universes and every possibility would exist. But once again, i dont believe the multiverse theory.

Just as scientists have yet to prove the existence of deities - yet they really seem to have picked up quite a following. Maybe I should give it a few thousand years, first.

Yes, I just went there. :3

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, I was trying to read everything to make sure I didn't mimick someone else's post, but forget that im not that patient!angry.png Anyway on to my point. Lets say the Multiverse theory is the reality we live in. Lets say that there are infinite dementions each with their own unique sets of physical laws and life sources. In this situation we cannot say that Equestria MAY exhist. What everyone is over looking here is the word INFINITE. That word describes the number of different demensional universes suposedly in existance.

"ok so what are you getting at dry.png " you may ask.

My point that within those infinite demensions ALL the different shows we watch ALL the books and comics we read. EVERY WORLD WE HAVE EVER IMAGINED DOES EXIST!!! Thats right everypony. In the multiverse theory is the basis to believe that everything is possible because there are INFINITE demensions that means unlimited mixtures. THEY ALL EXIST THE END!

• Brohoof 1

Equestria is some were out there in the vast reaches of space or parallel to ours. but is it there that is way it in the show. this is my belief and why i come up with saying, 'What makes Fiction not real and who is to say that it isn't.'

• Brohoof 1

Equestria is some were out there in the vast reaches of space or parallel to ours. but is it there that is way it in the show. this is my belief and why i come up with saying, 'What makes Fiction not real and who is to say that it isn't.'

While i like you're entheusiasm to say equestria is real i do have to say one thing. What says fiction is not real is the meaning of the word fiction -_-...

• Brohoof 1

If some multiverse theories are true, then that would mean that there is truly no such thing as fiction. Because there's an infinite number of variants of everything (including the laws of physics) imaginable. The fact that we think up the idea ourselves is pure coincidence. Everything humanity has ever thought of or created in the realm of fiction exists out there somewhere.

Not sure if I believe that or not. Cool to think about, though. :)

• Brohoof 1

Actually, according to the way I plan to write my stories, Equestria is on the other side of our galaxy!

Even if that isn't true, nothing is impossible.

I think our only way of being brought to a parallel universe is by Black Hole, and we all know what that thing does to us!

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Hi. I've come up with a theory based off of the trailer to Equestria Girls, assuming that the information is canon. This could actually give us explanations for MLP:FIM's universe. 

Infinitely many universes exist, planes layered one on top of another. Each soul of an individual intersects across each universe (like a line, creating parallels of individuals across universes), each soul except the Alicorn souls, which only exist as a point in a single universe (combining all parts of the pony into one also concentrates souls). This explains why there is a human vinyl scratch, etc, when only Twilight has gone through the portal. When a soul becomes an alicorn and the line becomes a point, it leaves all universes but one: it can only exist in one at a time. All other universes "forget" this soul, a space-time hiccup occurs, and the universe continues as if the soul never existed to begin with. That is one of the power of proper application of the Elements of Harmony.  

Evidence at this point for this claim: http://i.imgur.com/6RVkl7d.png

The advantage to being a point-level soul, or an alicorn in this case, is the ability to retain consciousness while traveling between universes. Opposed to being entirely different individuals, or lines passing through a plane, you are a single point, a single consciousness, with the ability to take on different values, or points, defined by the plane you are in. 

All this is well and good, but why was it imperative that Celestia make Twilight into an alicorn, if it was stated by canon sources that Twilight is not immortal? What reason did she have? I have another theory based off of other people's theories: One of Celestia's students prior to Twilight, Sunset Shimmers, was made into an alicorn and traveled across planes. She was similar to Twilight in that she valued education, and immediately came to explore the educational system of the new world she was in, learning about its physics, mathematics, etc. However, this world was strictly non-magical, and she couldn't return. In an attempt to force herself back, she had to fight the laws of the universe, which she could not do. Her magic, which should not have existed in the first place in this universe, but was a part of her, (as she was a point not a line... and I'm guessing it was really powerful magic too, as she was one of Celestia's students), instead of returning her to Equestria, created her own universe. This one is its own plane that intercepts these "soul lines", and as such will have parallels of all individuals in the other ones. It is created from only what she experienced in the world: High School, and governed by its laws. As in the human plane, magic does not work here normally, but there are loopholes, as it is not an exact copy of the human plane, only one made up of subjective experiences of a magical creature. Soon Sunset finds that she can manipulate the plane to a degree, living in a paradise of sorts, where she is the popular girl, the one thing she could never be while growing up an introverted genius. Here she lives out her fantasies.

Celestia does not know her reason for not returning, as her knowledge of these planes is limited. She trains Twilight the best she can, as the other alicorn princesses are needed to rule the current world and cannot leave, in magic so that Twilight can be prepared for whatever she might encounter in the other worlds. She finally turns Twilight into an alicorn when she feels Twilight is strong enough, and sends her into the other plane to retrieve her lost student. 

Here is where the movie begins. Twilight lands in a high school setting. She finds that the universe is completely centered around one being: sunset shimmers, and that the school consists of the entire universe. She finds her friends in this universe, as souls they are also in this universe with different memories but the same essence (RD is still loyal, for example), and befriends them again. She learns from experiences that this world is governed entirely by high school, that there is something very wrong and that this is not the actual human plane, but a different planar universe inserted between Equestria and the real human plane. She eventually discovers the truth: That the entire plane is an construct of Sunset Shimmers, and that only Sunset can leave it. However, Sunset is living in a paradise world, and doesn't want to.

Meanwhile, Sunset Shimmers discovers Twilight has entered her plane: a new girl who she has never met, with mannerisms of a pony, and puts 2 and 2 together. She was Celestia's former student, she isn't a dolt. She can logic it out. She guesses Celestia sent Twilight to get her back, and doesn't want to go back. So she makes life terrible for Twilight, as this is her universe and she is in control.

Now how to get the universe out of her control? Prom queen (essentially. I forgot what it was called). By making Sunset Shimmers no longer the most popular girl, you will do two things: You shatter the illusion. She is no longer in paradise, no longer wants to stay, and.... You gain control of the universe. This universe was created by certain laws, laws that Sunset learned from only one experience of the human plane: high school. The queen of high school, therefore, will govern the world. 

Now with the help of her friends, Twilight eventually earns Prom Queen, restoring Sunset Shimmers to her original, mentally stable state. She sees the error of her ways and the universe collapses, ejecting the two points and making it as if the infinite number of soul-line intersections never existed to begin with: the individuals of this universe are gone now. They no longer exist, as they are intersections across a plane that no longer exists. Twilight and Sunset end up tumbling through the mirror (a dimensional gate) and end up in Equestria. Celestia congratulates them both, and now there is no longer a "wall" of sorts, (an intermediate plane) between Equestria and the human plane.

So, what do you think of my explanation? Better than a cheesy high school drama?

Edited by jwutheheadcase
  • Brohoof 4

Damn son, finally someone rational and logical about this whole EQG "crisis". Very nice theory, would be awesome if it came true. Also think that Sunset Shimmer might rule alongside Twilight since Celestia has Luna and Cadence has Shining Armor. On another note, the trailer was made for little girls, not Bronies, keep that in mind people. Of course it looked cliche, Hasbro's trying to make the most MONEY possible. If they made it look like it was for us, it would lose them money from the parents of the little girls. Bronies will buy it regardless of how the trailer looks if it is actually what we were hoping for. Hopefully this theory is true, parts of the trailer seem to support it.

Why the heck can't this be the plot of the movie? It's brilliant. I would much rather watch Twilight struggle against the strictures of a malevolent meta-reality ala Pleasantville than the actual film we're getting. I applaud your creativity and hope you'll take a shot at fanfiction.

• Brohoof 1

Why the heck can't this be the plot of the movie? It's brilliant. I would much rather watch Twilight struggle against the strictures of a malevolent meta-reality ala Pleasantville than the actual film we're getting. I applaud your creativity and hope you'll take a shot at fanfiction.

I know, seriously, my jaw is still hanging open at how freaking awesome this is! Granted, I guess this might fly over the heads of the target demographic, but seriously, I would be more than okay with this being the plot of the movie. It's freaking awesome! Granted, I don't have a problem with Equestria Girls as it is, except maybe Spike being a freaking dog, but this would be a massive improvement in the story, at least in my opinion.

Good job, headcase, you deserve every brohoof that comes your way.

(edited)

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/468831/20130519/planck-universe-big-bang-mercini-holman.htm

Planck Space Data Yields Evidence of Universes Beyond Our Own

Scientists believe they have found the first evidence of the existence of other universes beyond our own, following analysis of the radiation left behind by the Big Bang.

Data gathered by the European Space Agency's Planck spacecraft enabled researchers to map the "cosmic microwave" of background radiation left behind when the universe began 13.8 billion years ago.

The findings imply the universe could be just one of billions, or even an infinite number, they say.

The map showed anomalies that cosmologists believe could only have been caused by the gravitational pull of other universes outside our own.

"These anomalies were caused by other universes pulling on our universe as it formed during the Big Bang," said Laura Mersini-Houghton, of the University of North Carolina.

"They are the first hard evidence for the existence of other universes that we have seen."

This means there really can be an Equestria with pastel colored talking ponies living in harmony. and a million other versions of it as well. The multiverse! The truth is out there! Edited by Evilshy
  • Brohoof 26

If Equestria was real..... What would Lauren Faust and the other people that worked on the show think? :o Anyway, if it was Equestria (somehow) then I guess that means the 4th wall has officially been broken.

• Brohoof 14

Personally, I'd be looking forward to finding evidence that an Equestrian Wasteland exists. Two variations: the original and Project Horizons. Hell, even a universe for EVERY sidestory could exist.

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

If its true, then that means everything exists. EVERYTHING. The fact that humans think it up too is just a coincidence. Just like I'm sure humans are a mythical creature in some of these universes.

Ponies. Time lords. Everything imaginable and yet to be imagined might exist somewhere. If you think it, somewhere in the universe, it exists.

Think about that...

Edited by AtomicBassCannon
  • Brohoof 9

I thought people already knew that other, possibly infinite universes existed.

Perhaps the gravitational pull of other universes are what causes it to be saddle-shaped.

I still wonder about what is in the center of our universe.

• Brohoof 2

I thought people already knew that other, possibly infinite universes existed.

Perhaps the gravitational pull of other universes are what causes it to be saddle-shaped.

I still wonder about what is in the center of our universe.

I think the saddle shape comes from the close proximity of the Ponyverse.

Just kidding, but it sounded good.

There was a discovery channel show that guessed there was either an infinite number of alternate universes or the number was so great it might as well be infinite to our finite minds.

• Brohoof 1

Well, the theory is quite old, but with evidence...

Yeah, multiverse and quantum-physics, I'm glad I don't get headache while thinking of that stuff, actually I use to explain some of the basics to people quite often. The possibilities of what is, was, and will be are endless.

Too bad, this knowledge is worth nothing. Transdimensional/-universal travel would need so much energy (if it is possible), I think we would destroy our own universe in an attempt to travel. I mean, we only have a few million years before we can not longer exist and then a few trillion until the universe collapses.

But hope dies last. Let's build an interuniversal/-dimensional gate!

• Brohoof 2

there are infinite worlds out there if quantum mechanics is a proven theory, so basically if you can think of it, it exists in another dimension. Being able to find Equestria among the millions of universes... that's the hard part

• Brohoof 3

Interesting thought, but I'm gonna have to disagree. As much as I LOVE ponies, I don't think that it is very plausible...

- Different universes doesn't necessarily mean different laws of physics. Unfortunately, I just don't think actual magic is a possibility.

- How would all of the creatures in the Equestria universe look exactly as we pictures them in folklore from Earth, hundreds of years ago?

- If the ponies truly were what we call "ponies" I don't think they would be able to pronounce speech. No lips and all...

- The planet in this separate universe would have to have similar living conditions as Earth to provide the conditions needed for the various plant and animal life that inhabit it

Great find though! Just because ponies may not be out there doesn't mean all kinds of cool different stuff is there happy.png

• Brohoof 3

If aliens are out there,ponies ought to be out there!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGu5PLA4G0s

Clearly stated at 22:22 by my fuzzy headed friend "the truth is out there man"

Ponies being real,two words for that "Epically Awesome!"

Indeed there is ponies out there,and I intend to find them!!!

Equestria is real!!! Just like Atlantis!!

That is all. (bows)

• Brohoof 1