Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Pokémon X and Y: Non-Official Official Thread

Shift

(edited)

Pokémon: X and Y Thread.

It's Official. Yet it is not. I am talking about the thread.

I do not think we have a thread about this yet, so here we go. I searched around, but no thread was to be seen.

Pokémon X and Y, or abbreviated X/Y, is the new Pokémon game. Game Freak ran out of gems and colors, so they went on to letters. We just got the news that a pokemon with a striking resemblance to Mewtwo enters the stage. I am currenty calling it 'Mewthree'.Shut up, I do what I want.

A new eeveeution called Sylveon appeared too. I think it's a new type. That, or dragon. Go on and talk about what type you think it is or...something.

We got three adorable starters: Fennekin, Froakie, and Chespin. Picking Fennekin for starter.

The two legendaries, Xerneas and Yveltal look pretty bad$#&. I like Xerneas better, though.

If you want to get a better view on what the Pokémon look like, check here.

http://www.serebii.net/xy/pokemon.shtml

Well, we can speculate, but if anyone wants me, i'll be playing the waiting game while you guys talk. The waiting game sucks... let's play hungry hungry hippos 

mlp-fsmug2.png

Edited by Velvet Remedy

(edited)

smash4131.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6K94S3HiEM

In all seriousness I'm not sure what to think of this "new" Pokemon. I wish Game Freak would stop being so secretive and just come out and say what these things are. Like Sylveon's type and wither this is Mewthree or just a new Mewtwo form. Really I hope this is Mewthree because the last thing Mewtwo needs is another form, he's fine the way he is.

All that being said, I'm still looking forward to these games. Seeing as these games will have a world wide release I think I might do a blind run Y. In fact I might get both X and Y if I like then enough. Also Fennekin is best starter. Just hopes he has nice evolutions that aren't Blaziken 4.0.

Edited by Flareon

I'm a huge fan of the Pokemon games, and I am really looking forward to X and Y. I'm impressed with the looks of the new starter Pokemon as well as the two legendary mascots. And a new Eeveelution? Count me in on that too! I will say that whatever this new Mewtwo is looks quite strange, but I'm interested in seeing what it is.

I love the new 3D graphics. I'm going to be getting a 3DS sooner or later if only to play these games.

smash4131.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6K94S3HiEM

In all seriousness I'm not sure what to think of this "new" Pokemon. I wish Game Freak would stop being so secretive and just come out and say what these things are. Like Sylveon's type and wither this is Mewthree or just a new Mewtwo form. Really I hope this is Mewthree because the last thing Mewtwo needs is another form, he's fine the way he is.

All that being said, I'm still looking forward to these games. Seeing as these games will have a world wide release I think I might do a blind run Y. In fact I might get both X and Y if I like then enough. Also Fennekin is best starter. Just hopes he has nice evolutions that aren't Blaziken 4.0.

This. All of this.

I hate the whole concept, personally. I don't think you should change such an old pokemon, or add on to an old pokemon lore so late. I mean, it's been like... 20 years? Do we need a Mew Three at this point?

Also: Remain hopefully for Fennekin to not evolve into a fighting type. Remain very hopeful.

I'm with Firebolt here: i'm praying it's not a Fire-Fighting type. I think that they're going to do psychic / dark combo this time, because Fenne looks psychic-y.

I'm curious about the story of these legendaries. The "X" and "Y" automatically make me think of the concept of DNA, but from the looks of these new legendaries, who knows.

Still, I don't know. From Gen 1-4, it was pretty much a hierarchy of power from the natural elements and ending with "God" (Arceus). Curious as to how this will pan out.

I just need to say this quickly. What is it with people saying Sylveon is Dragon type? It makes no sense, and nothing regarding the Pokemon's appearance OR title suggest that it is Dragon-type. Do people simply want a Dragon-type Eeveelution that badly?

I like this new Mewtwo character. I'm curious as to whether he will play a part in Pokemon X & Y.
My friend likes to call it UltiMew.

I just need to say this quickly. What is it with people saying Sylveon is Dragon type? It makes no sense, and nothing regarding the Pokemon's appearance OR title suggest that it is Dragon-type. Do people simply want a Dragon-type Eeveelution that badly?

I like this new Mewtwo character. I'm curious as to whether he will play a part in Pokemon X & Y.

Sylveon's type remains to be known, but some might feel that it's a Dragon type because that's the only "special" element without an Eeveelution. However, it moreso strikes me as a Flying type.

Sylveon's type remains to be known, but some might feel that it's a Dragon type because that's the only "special" element without an Eeveelution. However, it moreso strikes me as a Flying type.

Yeah. I highly support the Flying-type aspect. It just makes so much sense in regards to references in the name, and general appearance, as well as hints from the game company itself.

I'm not sure what you mean about "special" element, though. There are only 7 types of 17 that have been used, and I don't see how any of the types(or any type for that matter) are more 'special' than the others.

Yeah. I highly support the Flying-type aspect. It just makes so much sense in regards to references in the name, and general appearance, as well as hints from the game company itself.

I'm not sure what you mean about "special" element, though. There are only 7 types of 17 that have been used, and I don't see how any of the types(or any type for that matter) are more 'special' than the others.

Special types refers to those where every attack of a type (prior to Gen IV) was special, as in relation to special attack and defense, rather than physical, in relation to regular attack and defense.

5 things. I will be choosing Froakie, I think that Sylveon will be a dragon/steel type (obviously), there probably won't be diagonal movement (the trailer only has the trainer moving on the X/Y axis, not the Z axis), the bike may be replaced by roller skates, and I hope that there are wild Mudkips.

It's have been a loooong time since I liked all 3 startes, but I do for these 3. My best friend almost fell in love with Froakie, though, and one of our friend already want to pick Fennekin so I'll probably pick Chespin.

Sylveon gonna be Flying, I think, since it's name look like Sylph and Sylphs are elementals of the air...

Xerneas and Yveltal look cool.

That new Mewtwo-like pokémon gonna be Mewthree for me forever!

I hope that we'll get customizable characters.

No, I doubt it is possible, but here's a logical explanation on why I think it's a dragon type. 

First, however, I'll show that comic that came with it. (Ninfa means Sylveon in Japanese)

12.png

Every new eeveelution is a new type. The only new types available for the potential evolution are: Rock, Steel, Ground, Flying, Ghost, Fighting, Poison, Bug and Dragon.

The first 8 types are very unlikely because Ninfia just doesn´t look like it.

So the only thing left is Ninfia being dragon!

You know those little boxes where it says whichever type the Pokemon is? Well, with the eeveelutions. The colour of their type matches their actual colour:

1.png?w=300&h=198

See? Just like Jolteon’s type, electric=yellow, Jolteon is yellow.

Espeon’s type, psychic=pink, Espeon is pink.

Flareon’s type, fire=orange-ish,  Flareon is orange-ish. Etcetera etcetera.

So let’s say Ninfia is Dragon. Ninfia’s colour scheme DOES actually match the dragon type, take a look:

2.png?w=300&h=274

Dragon’s type colour scheme is pink and light blue (Just like Ninfia)

Plus, there are 8 ‘special types’:  Electric, Fire, Dark, Ice, Grass, Water, Psychic and Dragon. The only eeveelution-type we haven’t had is Dragon. So it can be likely Ninfia is Dragon.

What do you think? Is this a plausible theory? Or do you have other ideas?

The 'special' types are the special based types (Types that are based around special moves) from generations I-III. 

As for Eeveeutions, we've already went through the types, but we haven't done the last 'special': Dragon.

• Brohoof 2

I really cannot wait for this game to be released, the best part is that it is getting released at the same time in all countries, I think out of all the starters Fennikin shows the most appeal to me, I normally go for fire types but it is that fact that it is not FIGHTING FOR ONCE....

But I really cannot wait... Oh look what I have done I got my self all excited now...

Special types refers to those where every attack of a type (prior to Gen IV) was special, as in relation to special attack and defense, rather than physical, in relation to regular attack and defense.

Ah, I see. Fairy 'nuff.

No, I doubt it is possible, but here's a logical explanation on why I think it's a dragon type. 

First, however, I'll show that comic that came with it. (Ninfa means Sylveon in Japanese)

img-1349310-1-12.png

The 'special' types are the special based types (Types that are based around special moves) from generations I-III. 

As for Eeveeutions, we've already went through the types, but we haven't done the last 'special': Dragon.

Huh. Sense does seem to be forming. I still feel a little obligated towards keeping with Flying-type, but a lot of this does seem to fit...

I wouldn't mind it being Dragon-type, actually. 

(edited)

There have been some crappy rumors I remember seeing that XY will introduce two new types, and that Slyveon will be one of those types. 

I can't remember where I saw this, but it did look possible.

Also it was bought out on valentines day and it looks very 'cutsie' so to speak. Maybe it might have a connection  to love or something?

Edited by Staticboom

I really can't wait for X and Y, my favorite starter so far is Chespin, but we'll see what happens a bit later on.

For Sylveon, well, here's my thoughts.

Observe:
post-988-0-36520400-1365411584_thumb.png

Let's take the type icons into consideration. I'm using the sprites from D/P/P, but I believe they are also used in B/W/B2/W2. Take a look at the attachments below.

As Velvet Remedy's quote shows, each eeveelution's type icon matches their actual color. That is, Jolteon is Yellow, like the Electric type icon, Vaporeon Blue, etc.

Sylveon's is a light purple color, just like its color scheme. In Generation IV and above, Dragon, Flying, Ghost,  Poison, and Psychic's icons are all different shades of purple. We already have a Psychic eeveelution, so we can get rid of that. The 2 closest colors would be Poison and Flying, as Dragon and Ghost are too dark,

Here's my next bit: Don't the "ribbons" on Sylveon look somewhat like Wind chimes?

Oh, and one last thing: This.

It's been pointed out that they're lined up according to their debut, but look at my image below

post-988-0-20170100-1365412793_thumb.png

If Leafeon is strong against Vaporeon, Umbreon is strong against Espeon, and Flareon is strong against Galceon, then Jolteon would be strong against Sylveon, right? Electric is strong against Water and Flying types. What if its the opposite wa around, and Sylveon is stronger than Jolteon? Then Sylveon would have to be Ground type, because that's the only type Jolteon is weak against in Generation 5.

Anyway, all we can do is wait and see, Game Freak has made the Pokemon series great, and I trust they'll do the same with X & Y.

post-988-0-19165600-1365411647_thumb.png

There have been some crappy rumors I remember seeing that XY will introduce two new types, and that Slyveon will be one of those types. 

I can't remember where I saw this, but it did look possible.

Also it was bought out on valentines day and it looks very 'cutsie' so to speak. Maybe it might have a connection  to love or something?

This would defiantly be really interesting. I'm guessing that if this was true then the 2 main legendary Pokemon in each expansion would be the two types :D!

I thought she would be a normal and flying type, her ears look large enough to be ears, but I am guessing that she would be normal and flying rather than just flying.

(edited)

img-1346503-1-smash4131.jpg

I'm thinking that might end up being Mewthree, but maybe it'll be a form of Mew or Mewtwo...

I still don't know, why Nintendo is calling these titles X and Y...I mean, when you think about it, that's not really good names...i don't own a 3DS, and I don't know, if I ever will. I still have a standard DSL, and I don't even really play that as much as I used to. : |

Edited by Avalionis

Well I have always been a pokemon freak but when i heard they where messing with Evee once again i was like leave the poor fella alone Glaceon and Leafeon were enough.... And now a new type! WTF? Light? Well lets see here.... Dark against light well hmmmmm we are gunna have a problem like in the begining when Psycic was super effective against Psycic...

Having recently started playing White 2, I am looking forward to this continuation of the franchise. Will prolly snag a copy for my 3DS then download a ROM of it to do a Let's Play. Of course, the version I choose will be determined by which one has Growlithe in it... I NEED my Arcanine!

• Brohoof 1

I really can't wait for X and Y, my favorite starter so far is Chespin, but we'll see what happens a bit later on.

For Sylveon, well, here's my thoughts.

Observe:

attachicon.gifimg_pokemon_02.png

Let's take the type icons into consideration. I'm using the sprites from D/P/P, but I believe they are also used in B/W/B2/W2. Take a look at the attachments below.

As Velvet Remedy's quote shows, each eeveelution's type icon matches their actual color. That is, Jolteon is Yellow, like the Electric type icon, Vaporeon Blue, etc.

Sylveon's is a light purple color, just like its color scheme. In Generation IV and above, Dragon, Flying, Ghost,  Poison, and Psychic's icons are all different shades of purple. We already have a Psychic eeveelution, so we can get rid of that. The 2 closest colors would be Poison and Flying, as Dragon and Ghost are too dark,

Here's my next bit: Don't the "ribbons" on Sylveon look somewhat like Wind chimes?

Oh, and one last thing: This.

It's been pointed out that they're lined up according to their debut, but look at my image below

attachicon.gifUntitled.png

If Leafeon is strong against Vaporeon, Umbreon is strong against Espeon, and Flareon is strong against Galceon, then Jolteon would be strong against Sylveon, right? Electric is strong against Water and Flying types. What if its the opposite wa around, and Sylveon is stronger than Jolteon? Then Sylveon would have to be Ground type, because that's the only type Jolteon is weak against in Generation 5.

Anyway, all we can do is wait and see, Game Freak has made the Pokemon series great, and I trust they'll do the same with X & Y.

Why is everyone still debating over this? Obviously It's NORMAL! TROLOLOLOLO

trollestia_strikes_again__by_murdareik-d

I mean, you've seen the proof up there! Why would Sylveon be dragon? What possibly has that design have any relation another dragon-type? :/ The proof is in the pictures above. They stick to their elemental types with the design of the eeveelution. Besides, when has ribbons and bows not have been good for a normal type? 

Cute_Normal_Type_Pokemon_by_A_Little_Kit