Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

brony to little girl ratio

Luurilka

What percent of people who watch MLP:FiM are bronies as apposed to those wimpy little girls.

Wimpy? Really? You felt the need to insult them like that?

If I were to speculate, I suspect the ratio is at least 2:1, if not 3:1.

Wimpy? Really? You felt the need to insult them like that?

If I were to speculate, I suspect the ratio is at least 2:1, if not 3:1.

Well, I'm not really insulting them, I'm just saying that they're still very young and have alot of developing to do. Everypony was wimpy as a little tyke.

Well, I'm not really insulting them, I'm just saying that they're still very young and have alot of developing to do. Everypony was wimpy as a little tyke.

It's still insulting and degrading.
  • Brohoof 1

Mark, the only brony I know in real life (his whole family are bronies, 12 kids!) that became one because of his sis, and a guy I know on MOCpages.

It isn't on TV where I live and I doubt little girls would be looking up stuff like that on the internet. Not as much as the brony age group anyway. So I would say that almost all of the fans here are older.

What percent of people who watch MLP:FiM are bronies as apposed to those wimpy little girls.

well I'm a wimpy little girl so I say, 100000000 to 1 Edited by Pinkazoid

I imagine there are probably more Bronies than children within the target audience range who are fans, except it is total conjecture on my part given that Bronies are far more vocal and active. But don't neglect and/or despise the audience for whom this show is intended: without them, we wouldn't have MLP: FiM.

I estimate the demographics of "Males or females who frequently peruse the internet who watch My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic between the ages of 13 and 30" is about 1.2 million. "Young females who watch My Little Pony: Friendship is magic on television whenever it's on" is probably about 4 million, in United States or elsewhere combined. "Mature people who watch the show because they like it as a direct or indirect result because their children also watch it" might be another 1 to 1.5 million.

This comes out in internet terms to "Bronies : Children : Parents" as roughly 3:10:3.

With some generous rounding, that's 1:3 Bronies to Little Girls.

That's also 3:2 Bronies to Parents who are capable of writing very strongly worded letters to Hasbro if MLP ever does an episode on Sex.

And now you know why Hearts and Hooves Day is going to be the closest we'll ever get to a fan-shipping episode. Savour it when it comes.

Edited by Blue
  • Brohoof 2

I don't know where Blue gets his statistical information but I wouldn't be surprised if he's right. While there are a lot of bronies, I'm sure the ratio of adults who are bronies is quite low while the ratio of little girls who watch the show is probably higher. It' just seems like there's more of us that watch it because we're more vocal about it on the internet.

Edited by Apple Bloom

My numbers are entirely conjectural based upon what I know about television in the United States vs. what I see in terms of online statistics for MLP related to KnowYourMeme, 4Chan and Youtube hits.

As well as the logical construsions thereafter which give very good principal reasons why I think it's deluded to have episodes dedicated to the online fandom, as "fun/awesome" they would be.

Edited by Blue