Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Does a character from MLP:FIM remind you of another character from another show?

TheMarkz0ne

The Flim Flam brothers are the spitting image of Lyle Lanley the monorail salesman from the Simpsons episode Marge vs. The Monorail.

The brothers even had the town chanting for cider, just as this guy had the town chanting for the monorail. It's a Music Man triangle.

img-1355396-1-Lyle-Lanley.jpg

Which was a parody of "The Music Man", the most accessible version being the 1962 film based on the Broadway play. Technically there was a 2003 remake, but honestly the 1962 version was better.

(edited)

Which was a parody of "The Music Man", the most accessible version being the 1962 film based on the Broadway play. Technically there was a 2003 remake, but honestly the 1962 version was better.

Yeah, I mentioned it through "Music Man triangle". Lyle Lanley looks a lot more similar to the Flim Flam brothers than the 1962 Music Man, though. I had the Music Man on VHS biggrin.png

Edited by Flipturn ツ

Rarity and Wasp from Marvel comics.

Not really a show... but still. They're pretty much the same girl. Both of them are fashion designers, are plucky, sophisticates, care heavily about their friends and... everything.

Yeah, I mentioned it through "Music Man triangle". Lyle Lanley looks a lot more similar to the Flim Flam brothers than the 1962 Music Man, though. I had the Music Man on VHS img-1355451-1-biggrin.png

Sorry, missed that bit. blush.png  I tried looking up other who played Harrold Hill in the various renditions of the Broadway musical, rather than the film, and I couldn't find one that really matched Lyle Lanley in appearance.

• Brohoof 1

Princess Celestia reminds me of Dumbledore from the Harry Potter series. She has a white coat while he has a white beard. They are both very powerful and old. She is also a teacher like Dumbledore. My main reason I associate her with Dumbledore is because of that scene in Magical Mystery Cure when she and Twilight are in that weird world. This scene reminds me so much of the scene in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 when Harry sees Dumbledore after being (kind of) killed.

• Brohoof 1

Pinkie Pie reminds me of Dee Dee from Dexter's Lab because she is energetic and is always getting into some silly situation or trouble.

Same here. These two also share an instance where different writers take different approaches to them, so they end up acting differently from episode to episode.

The cutie mark crusaders remind me of the Powerpuff girls, with Apple Bloom being Blossom, Scootaloo being Buttercup, and Sweetie Belle being Bubbles. This was probably entirely intentional though because, you know, Lauren Faust. ;)

I was also going to say that Rainbow Dash reminds me of Sonic as well, I certainly wouldn't be surprised if he was a heavy inspiration of her FiM iteration. :huh:

Also Daring Do and Indiana Jones but that is incredibly obvious of course, just putting it out there. :P

• Brohoof 2

4 of the Mane 6 characters remind me of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Twilight:Donatello. Both are extremely intelligent and slightly nerdy especially the 2012 version of Donatello who has the adorkable qualities turned way way up. They often over think things which can sometimes cause them to miss the big picture, we see this with Twilight in Lesson Zero and we this see this with Donatello in one episode of the 2012 series where Master Splinter tries to get Donatello to learn to fight without thinking.

Applejack:Leonardo. Though Applejack unlike Leonardo is no the leader of the group they are both the most responsible and level headed member of their respective groups and are known for working very hard. Applejack works hard to maintain the family business and take care of her younger sister Applebloom while Leonardo works hard to hone his skills as a ninja and a leader.

Raphael:Rainbow Dash. Both are very hot headed, competitive, reckless, brash and cocky yet have sensitive sides which they are often reluctant to show.

Michelangelo-Pinkie Pie. Both are party animals that love to get down, boogie, hang out and have a good time.

• Brohoof 1

You do bring up a good point buddy.

I to also point out the semi similarities on the mane 6 themselves, mostly because of the other girls... I sometimes can't take the other girls seriously, as this picture basically sums it all up.

mlp_fim_origins_by_xxjyazzxx-d59t2pc.png

• Brohoof 1

Oh, another one; Twilight also reminds me of Sheldon from the Big Bang Theory. Both are exceedingly bright, both are initially socially inept, and both love to have a routine/checklist set out.

• Brohoof 1

Rainbow Dash reminds me of Goku from Dragonball Z, because they are both loyal and they never back down from a challenge.

They are both very competitive when facing a new enemy and ready to take it head on.

Pinkie Pie reminds me of Dee Dee from Dexter's Lab because she is energetic and is always getting into some silly situation or trouble.

But.. Dee Dee is just annoying and pinkie is just.. awwrjrefefvcj what are you saying?! sad.png

The Flim Flam brothers are the spitting image of Lyle Lanley the monorail salesman from the Simpsons episode Marge vs. The Monorail.

The brothers even had the town chanting for cider, just as this guy had the town chanting for the monorail. It's a Music Man triangle.

Hahah yeah you're right!

Oh hey I got one.

Iron Will = Johnny Bravo

iron_will_by_amana07-d4rq58m.pngr3bCF.gif

Edited by Jokuc
  • Brohoof 2

Rainbow Dash kinda reminds me of Tony Stark or Batman.

Big Mac also reminds me of Superman or Batman

Pinkie Pie shares some similarities to Finn the Human

Apple Jack and Jake the Dog would get along well

Iron Will is totally Hercule from Dragon Ball Z. Mostly because of the voice, but they both act very macho and tough when they're really not. Or probably not, in Iron Will's case.

Also, it's interesting that you mention Pound Cake and Pumpkin Cake, because they are obviously based on Pebbles and Bam Bam from the Flintstones.

The Cutie Mark Crusaders remind me of the Powerpuff Girls. Apple Bloom and Blossom wear a similar bow. Sweetie and Bubbles are both sensitive. Scootaloo and Buttercup are both action lovers.

Edited by Sugar Cube
  • Brohoof 1

The cast reminds me a lot of the cast from Community.

No, seriously, they are identical. MLP is basically Community for kids.

1. Obsessive bookworm that tries too hard at everything causing herself mental breakdowns (Twilight/Annie).

2. Good-looking charmer with a serious vanity problem acting more successful than they are (Rarity/Jeff).

3. High-energy oddball that's genre savvy to the point of being omniscient (Pinkie/Abed).

4. Nurturing soft-spoken motherly figure masking rage issues and an overbearing personality (Fluttershy/Shirley).

5. Dependable hard worker who's both honest and defiant to a fault (Applejack/Britta).

6. Egotistical and fiercely loyal jock vainly trying to hide their softer side (Rainbow/Troy).

7. Deadpan snarker who really wants to be accepted despite being selfish and hard to get along with (Spike/Pierce).

8. Insane mischief maker lusting for power and chaos to ease a lonely life (Discord/Chang).

Both shows are about these characters exploring their relationships and remaining friends despite their differences and individual problems. Anything can happen on the show, many references to popular films are made, and there are little easter eggs thrown in for fans.

• Brohoof 2

Twilight Sparkle definetly reminds me of Hermione Granger from the Harry Potter series (do i need to explain?)Queen Chrysalis reminds me of Bellatrix Lestrange from Harry Potter because they are both EVIL.

• Brohoof 1

That's what I was gonna say! sad.png

Anyways, Pinkie Pie kind of reminds me of Pinkie (from Pinkie and the Brain)

Maybe it's just because of the name, I dunno tongue.png

Rainbow Dash also reminds me of Jeff from Community, due to her ego. She's kind of like Troy, too. tongue.png And your friendly neighborhood Spiderman.

Discord is Q from Star Trek

Also, here comes a crazy one.....

RAINBOW DASH IS FIREFLY!

Bet ya didn't know that! laugh.png

EDIT: Damn it! Someone already did a Community post that makes more sense than mine. XD

Edited by Sweet Dreams
  • Brohoof 1

-Well, the Flim Flam Brothers remember me of the Monorail guy from the Simpsons too.

- The Cake twins remember me of Pebble and Bam-Bam from the Flinstones, but also of Jack-Jack, from the Incredibles (particularly noticeable in the Jack-Jack Attack short)

-Rarity remember me of Georgette, the poodle from Disney's Oliver and Co.

and that's pretty much what I can think of now...

*sputters lips* Of course! Given that Lauren Faust worked on this show, it should be no surprise to anyone that Twilight is Blossom (although Applebloom may fill that role as well), Rainbow Dash is Buttercup, and Fluttershy is Bubbles. Of course given their personalities, this is quite evident to anyone who has seen both shows. Applejack reminds me of Sandy Cheek for some reason, which is odd because anytime I listen to her talk I imagine her having the voice of Reba McEntire for some reason. I think Scootaloo reminds us all of what we were like as kids, trying our hardest to impress those we looked up to, even if it was just our parents. 

• Brohoof 1

Not a show, but I'm Dungeon Master for a new mod and one of the NPC sounded a lot like Rarity to me.  Beautiful, sofisticated, and critical of the appearance of others.  So I'm just going to go with it and make her as much like Rarity as I can when I play her.  Should be fun.

Fluttershy reminds me of Gohan. Both are kind, timid, and helped to turn over a villain to a good guy (Piccolo, Discord).

They also share the "if you piss me off, you're gonna regret it" thing.

It's pretty obvious that Rainbow Dash, Twilight and Fluttershy are all expies of Buttercup, Blossom and Bubbles from PPG. Pinkie Pie actually reminds me a bit of Calumon from Digimon Tamers. They're both hyperactive, happy-go-lucky characters. And when they are being serious it's hard for the other characters to take them seriously at times.