Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Last Movie You Watched?

GrooveBroove

Just watched 'Playing With Fire' today. Not only it was very funny, but it also contains lots of MLP references (seriously!).

Related image

Edited by RaraLover
  • Brohoof 6

Yesterday, my BF and I watched The Exorcist (1973).

I definitely see where it's reputation as one of the horror greats comes from. This is a great film with a great story backing it up, and the horror while being scary at some points, isn't remotely shoved in your face excessively. It's not a film made to startle like a lot of more modern horror films unfortunately fall into the trap of being. My only real gripes with it are the way they present science in general (particularly medical science), and the supernatural element. Nonetheless, it gets a solid 8/10.

Also, just before this edit we watched The Butterfly Effect (2004).

I will give it one thing: the ideas were there. Just the execution was... mediocre at the absolute best, though bad pretty much most of the time. Over-acting, a badly written screenplay, and inexperienced directing all contribute to what is overall, a fairly bad film. There's so much more that could have been done here, that simply wasn't. And so many instances of characters totally changing out of nowhere... It's really a 4/10 film if we're being honest. We only watched it because he remembered it being much better than it actually was.

Edited by Dustleeshus
  • Brohoof 1

Joker 10/10

Spoiler

There’s so much going on that I want to cover about this movie. But it will just end up become an essay instead. All I have to say it’s a one hell of a tragic movie. One I haven’t seen for a long time if not, ever (aside from Mr. Glass movie).  I think the most tragic part is when Arthur killed his own mother. Knowing his mother was the only light in his life and Arthur in the midst of his breaking point killed his only light. Some people would think he’s simply selfish for killing her without a reasons for it like he how killed the others rotten people. I think there’s no reason but anger and hatred itself. Not towards his mother only but everything else. That was his breaking point.  I like the idea where the movie take on the view toward what we think or determine what’s consider “crazy” or “mental” just because one thinks differently away from the norms.  What’s it means to be sane or insane? And to what extend?

The closing scene is great, closing with Bruce Wayne when his parent is dead and Arthur renewing himself as now The Joker. Two most ionic duo born at that same night and scene!! GENIUS!!  (I’m inspired to draw this now!):kirin: I see there’s a little  resemblance  with the Batman 89 movie where joker is the man who killed his parent and “created”  Batman. And The joker found it funny how ironic that is. Where in this movie, Arthur said to his doctor, “I just come up with a joke” and the scene where Bruce’s parent dies flash back. It’s like Arthur has created Batman but unlike in 89’s movie it was not him who killed the parents but his supporters. Which in a way he did but not first hand.  

Overall, it’s a great psychological thriller movie. With some humors that you don’t find it funny but it is. This movie has done it job. I’m happy about the intake on the joker’s origin story in which it’s inspired from the comic “The Killing Joke” except with more a twist and meaning to it. Joaquin did a awesome job and different intake on Joker. And no I’m not going to compare him with Leto because Leto got a different side of joker that I happen to like too. 

Lots of people said that Arthur suffered from a mental illness or delusional with his false reality. I do not think he’s either one of them. He daydreamed just as everyone would. He’s not suffering from a “mental” illness but rather angry at the society and their norms. Just as everyone else would.

The only minor problem is the setting. I believe this take place around the 70’s or late, but while the scenery matched with the time frame and the musics, the fashions does not. Some people dressed more like in 90’s or the 21st century. Which throws off the 70’s vibe a bit..

Well, today we watched Final Destination 5.

Although it abandoned some potential for more creative deaths than it ended up actually having, it nonetheless is a decent if a bit campy send-off for the Final Destination series. I think that the series as a whole is going to one day be considered a cult classic, as it rightfully deserves to be (while Rotten Tomatoes and the like rip into it because of mainly dumb reasons). The creative premise made the series more than a welcome addition. Though the execution in this final, Final Destination film leaves a little to be desired at times. 7/10.

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, rainbowdashacademy said:

Saw Star Wars Rise of the Skywalker very awesome film and rainboom awesome tears of how it ends I enjoyed it for what It is breathtaking effects and the magic of the movie itself a masterpiece in my book !

Same, it’s a great movie, I don’t know why it has 51% on rotten tomatoes

• Brohoof 1

The Santa Clause 3. I was trying to watch all 3 before Christmas ok. Also I don’t fully get why so many people hate it. It’s not all that bad if you ask me. :/

Spoiler

Also Jack Frost was probably the best part of the film. And should’ve stayed a villain. And I’ve had a crush on him for over a decade. To the point where I saw the film multiple times in theaters. And I’m still not over it. >.>

Edited by Larksy
  • Brohoof 1

Uncut Gems (2019).

Boasting an atypically actually GOOD performance from Adam Sandler (probably the first time in years he hasn't been the shameful peddler of middle school bathroom humor and unfunny miserable to watch comedical performances), and also a generally great movie even if it has problems. The pacing, although making the film engaging, is sometimes a bit fast and doesn't even give you much of a chance to understand what is going on in the film. Also, I found the ending to not entirely make sense. Not really going to spoil it here, but yeah it didn't entirely add up at all. I still say an 8.5/10 film though. Going to disagree a bit when JoBlo says this is better than Joker, because it simply isn't.

1 hour ago, Dustleeshus said:

Uncut Gems (2019).

Boasting an atypically actually GOOD performance from Adam Sandler (probably the first time in years he hasn't been the shameful peddler of middle school bathroom humor and unfunny miserable to watch comedical performances), and also a generally great movie even if it has problems. The pacing, although making the film engaging, is sometimes a bit fast and doesn't even give you much of a chance to understand what is going on in the film. Also, I found the ending to not entirely make sense. Not really going to spoil it here, but yeah it didn't entirely add up at all. I still say an 8.5/10 film though. Going to disagree a bit when JoBlo says this is better than Joker, because it simply isn't.

It is better than Joker. Hell, I can give you 5 more movies from 2019 that are better than Joker.

Klaus 4/10

my sister wants us to watch it since she seem to love it a lot, I personally don’t really. Sure I like the whole idea with how the “Santa business” started, the animation and the main cast are hilarious and expressive but the plot really bores me.. lots of cliches about a selfish man who learn the meaning of giving , meet a girl, stop bad guy from ruining Xmas and live a happily ever after. But of course what else would you expect from a Christmas movie? :fiery: