Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

It's over-popular (careful not using "the word") and basically a fanfic with a crappy plotline and exaggerated, disgusting scenes. People are mistaking the word "grimdark" for "mutilation." Gorefics absolutely disgust me, and it just makes me roll my eyes whenever I see someone saying along the lines of "omgish Cupcakes is the scariest fic ever, i couldnt sleep for two weeks." Get over it, it's just a bunch of words and not as scary as it seems.

Hooray for not using that word I hate so much :angry:

But yeah, I've never read this fanfic, mainly because I don't want to twist the good, cute images of ponies with gore and stuff like that. Now, R34 stuff, I actually don't mind for some reason, but I just don't like grimdark and all that gorey stuff. Opinions are opinions.

Edited by spas-ticShotty

I just realized I never gave my opinion on it. I was disappointed, mainly because the person I first saw doing fanart and stuff about it played it to be some kind of sci-fi-horror epic with Pinkie as a mad scientist. Then I read it and was like "aw man, this sucks, and it's depressing, I was hoping for something interesting."

I can tolerate it though because it helped give birth to Silent Ponyville, one of the greatest horror fics ever written. Also, SPV is pretty good Cupcakes brain-bleach, it make you love and feel for Pinkie so much as she overcomes her conflicts that nothing can ever paint her as evil for you again.  

• 3 weeks later...

I am getting tired of hearing about this fan-fic. Everywhere I go some pony has to mention it somewhere.

First of: it's a fan-fic. It never happened and is all part of the imagination of some pony. Taking this into account I didn't see this happening and wasn't scared.

Second: it's (in my opinion) a poor story. Pinkie pie kills Rainbow Dash. End. I mean come on there are more scary story then this. Ya I get it she kills her slowly and there are disturbing images and blah blah blah. I get it, but in the end I summarized it well. Pinkie pie kills Rainbow Dash. End of story.

Third: Cupcakes has more popularity then it deserves. This is what keeps it on the Internet and a reference is always being put in places it doesn't belong. I can't go on the Internet, google mlp or Pinkie Pie and not find something that has a cupcakes reference in it.

Fourth: being a gory story doesn't mean it's a scary story. I try not to watch horror films, but I have seen horror films that were the film is mostly gore and is see no point in it. I have seen horror films here in USA and from countries such as Mexico and Japan that have almost no gore in it (has some I didn't say it didn't) that scared the shit out of me. In short being a gory story doesn't necessarily mean its good

Warning:

(However if gore isn't your thing and you hate the sight of blood then cupcakes isn't for you, and you may feel sick, felt I needed to put this warning)

Finally: And I'm going back to my second point, it wasn't that good of a story. The best scary fan-fics (or creepy pastas as some call it) are those that are more believable. I don't see the events of cupcakes happening. It didn't feel real or believable to me so it didn't disturbed me. I even read it at night and put some fan inspired music while reading this to try to get some sort of horror.

Didn't work.

No disrespect to those who were disturbed by it, but it wasn't scary. If it disturbed you that's okay, every pony had there limits of what scares you and what doesn't.

I am not here to offend any pony, these are my opinions and I felt that they needed to be shared.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

Did you think Cupcakes was scary? I sure didn't. It was pretty obvious to me. I've heard all about Pinkamena Diane Pie. Cupcakes is the best thing to express her. It just it wasn't very scary. Rainbow Dash dying happened in Shed.Mov. I saw the video before I read the book. Even though RD didn't die by Fluttershy in the book, but still. She died in both. Rainbow Dash is a killer as well so. Maybe someone might make a killer out of RD, maybe Raina Cecil Dash. Hey, maybe someone can make a character for that. Maybe RD with a eye covering mane. Then Raina Cecil Dash might kill Pinkie in her story. It will be called Wing or something like that. Actually I might make something out of that. When you reply please say if I should make a Fan Fiction out of this because I will. Now, where was I, oh yes. I'm going to talk about the concept of Cupcakes. I did some it all ready but there is more. Sergeant Sprinkles, the one who wrote  the story, concept  was for Pinkamena to kill RD. It's just messed up. RD is way cooler ( 20% to be exact ) then Pinkie, my thought. This guy/girl must love horror, hate pegasi, and RD. I'm going to write Wing just to prove that this is messed up and I'm going to get even. I will update my status when I finish writing. I put the link in, too. Reply thoughts. Uh, buh bye everypony. ;)

Nah. I read it way back. Was just dull. It's gore for the sake of gore, and since I don't mind blood or graphical images such as that, I wasn't bothered.

Cupcakes sets the bar for gore pony stories, because it was one of, if not the first. It was the first pony fan fiction ever posted on 4chan. So congratz on that Sergeant Sprinkles.

And Pinkie is vastly superior to Rainbow Dash. So shush. *instant flame war*

• 3 weeks later...

It's always in my mind the song in the video, the story what happens.

Pinkamena everything...

CUPCAKES CUPCAKES!

IT won't leave me alone it's driving me insane, please help me forget, pinkamena is always there when i close my eyes, lil miss rarity and Butchershy...

I still remember when I read that story. Key word being "still".

My best suggestion for forgetting about it is to read something that isn't disturbing. You know, maybe a few sad fics (MLD comes to mind), or just some happy/funny ones (I'm sure browsing FiMfiction for a few minutes will help you).

• Brohoof 1

How to Cure Cupcake Fever:

Option One - Smile!

Got to this link

Watch 'Mmmysterry on the Friendship Express'.

CURED!

Option Two - Comic

Read this, and the others in the series.

CURED!

• Brohoof 5

one thing to help is that you could watch some episodes of mlp.But if its that bad that you can't even look at pinkie,just watch some other show to take your mind off of it.Thats all i can think of,im not exactly good at this stuff :(.

• Brohoof 2

The cure isn't complete yet. We've sent a research team of 7 brony scientists and the cure is only 50% complete.

Best option right now is to just do your favourite thing in the world to get your mind off it, it'll wear off soon anyways.

• Brohoof 1

Well, I say you stay away from disturbing fanfictions unless your a fan of them. But, I guess I would go a month without eating cupcakes if I see Pinkie Pie cut Rainbow Dash into cupcakes.

I got around it now, i like Grimdark's but they just creep me out slightly however it took a while for me to separate the grimdark chars from the MLP fim universe!

It also helped that my friend wrote a grim dark about fluttershy and it's funny that i saw Insane fluttershy as somepony completely different.

Here it is for Fluttershy fans (Kind of messed up though it's sweet apple acre's massacre and cupcakes all in one story with fluttershy as the Antagonist)

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/56178/fluttershys-love

5 steps on how to get rid of this

step 1: eat cupcakes this will get over the fact that RD got turned into cupcakes

step 2: keep reading it and reading it until you get over the thing

step 3: read silent ponyville as this will get rid of the thought of the fanfic

step 4: ???

step 5: profit

This made me laugh.

If Cupcakes is effecting you this much, then I wouldn't recommend reading Cheerilee's Garden. That story is way more disturbing, IMO.

Scumbag Bardock:

lfuy.jpg

You no doubt just sparked some curiosity. It's only a matter of time before OP tries to find it now. :)

• Brohoof 4