Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Sink water or bottled water

Gourgeist

What taste better  

172 users have voted

1. 1. Sink or water bottle?

• Sink
    • Water bottle

I have no problem drinking bottled water on the go, but around the home I prefer sink water. I pour the sink water into a water filter till it's full, then let it sit in the fridge till it's filtered. Then when I feel like a drink I pour it into a good bottle (710 ml) of mine. It is always available because we always refill after taking some. Plus it's nice to have a refrigerated drink in this summer heat.

Depends on the country. Here in Japan, I think the tap water is fine. I could drink it all day long. I end up getting bottled water here, but that's due to the lack of drinking fountains when one is out and about in Japan. The bottled waters are mostly fine, too. There are some brands I prefer, but just about anything's fine with me. But personally, I would prefer the tap water. I don't think it tastes too terribly different, but it's a lot cheaper.

America, though, ha! (Well, Michigan, anyway; don't know about other states.) I have to actively force myself to drink water in America for the simple fact that I know I'll get dehydrated if I don't. The tap water is gross, even when it's filtered, and I feel incredibly bloated after, like, 3 sips. The bottled water is slightly better, but not by much. Meijer's store brand of bottled water, Crystal Geyser and Ice Mountain all taste like ass. Dasani and Aquafina are okay, but not great. I most prefer Smart Water. To me, it just tastes like how it's supposed to taste. So, in America, I try to avoid water as much as I can, opting for green teas instead. Which sucks, because it's difficult to brew them cold. Those flavor shot thingies are good too. Least it makes it reasonably palatable. America, man... how'd we fuck up water this bad?

• 1 year later...

I prefer tap water over bottled water. Tap water is generally better for you because it's not contained in plastic. Plastic can slowly leach into water which can cause health problems. Plus, I don't like using plastic cause it's bad for the environment. Lol I sound like a hippy now.

Edited by Sommar

I have a sterilized water filter installed on my sink. The taste is kind of weird and takes a bit of getting used to, but it isn't bad.

I hate most brands of bottled water because of the plastic aftertaste left in your mouth from the bottle seeping into the water, this happens particularly if it's something cheap. Otherwise it's probably overpriced, and those glass-bottle-packed water aren't that amazing either.

I don't see how water can taste different, it is water after all, so I prefer the cheaper one that doesn't waste plastic bottles, tap water.

Then again, apparently most people get something called "city water" from their taps, which makes me sick because of all the chemicals, in which case, I suppose if I'm ever visiting somewhere that has city water, I can just drink milk or bottled water, because I rarely stay at a place I'm visiting for more than a few days. Also, a little but of city water over a few days couldn't do much.

I am fortunate to live in an area with good tap water, I also live close to a natural spring and the water there if you get it directly is soo refreshing, it's great

My family has a water filter installed on our sink. That's what I drink.

Drinking bottled water would be expensive, never mind the wastefulness of using all those plastic bottles.

• Brohoof 1

I hate bottled water. Water strait from the faucet is amazingly good, here at home at least.

The water you got from the fountains at my school was undrinkable. Disgusting stuff it was.   

Depends on where you live. I live in an area with a superior water system for the community so I'm fine either way. Bottled water is mostly for convenience sake.If you live in a place where the water is a weird color then get bottled, don't risk infections.