Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Sink water or bottled water

Gourgeist

What taste better  

172 users have voted

1. 1. Sink or water bottle?

• Sink
    • Water bottle

Sink water?  On occasion, we get a "boil water" notice sent out from our town hall.  Like, don't drink water from your tap unless you've boiled the necessary amount of it ahead of time and then left it in a pitcher in the refrigerator for hours.  Also, how your sink water tastes is not consistent with how everyone else's sink water tastes.  Bottled water is consistent, taste-wise.  Bottled water is preferable, but I use sink because it's less expensive.

Why is this still being discussed? The topic was from two years ago xD

That said, I should probably mention my preference. So I'm not just loitering here.

Bottled water all the way, unless it's Pure Life, Dasani, or Aquafina.

Tap water from where I grew up is my favorite, bar none. Probably because it's the most familiar to me and because it set the standard, but it's always as clear and refreshing as any filtered water I've ever had.

Tap water where I live now is trash, and I make sure to stick it in one of those refrigerator filters before drinking it. I'll probably do that for the rest of my life unless other, better options arise. Bottled water has never compared to the stuff I'm used to drinking and it comes at way too steep a price. I tend to avoid it except in rare situations like road trips/natural disasters/etc.

(edited)

Trick question, i drink the water in the bottle, and put the sink water in the bottle so i can have bottled sink water. 

as long as i have clean water to drink it doesn't really bother me if it comes from a bottle or a sink.

Edited by Art Thief

I usually drink filtered sink water. I prefer bottled water to sink water, but I think that that's just because I still feel a little weird when drinking water from the sink (when I lived in Chengdu and Beijing, the sink water was not drinkable).

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Where I currently live, to drink sink water would be a suicide....so bottled water. :P

Edited by NoeI
  • Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

To me water is water... I wouldn't mind if you handed me bottled water or tap. I'd be fine with either choice. 

I don't usually drink normal water, but I tend to prefer Bottled water. It may just be my sink, but whenever I drink sink water, it always tends to have this weird taste.

Bottled water for me. Well... the water comes from bottles like these I mean. We used to filter the water further with Brita, but maintaining Brita became quite expensive. So we bought these big bottles instead.

big-water-bottle-20460468.jpg

I live in Canada, so that helps regarding water quality. :) I drink filtered tap water. Bottled water is a sham...and it's so wasteful.

"Evian" is just "naïve" spelled backwards, after all.

• 4 years later...

Tap water here tastes really funky compared to bottled/filter water. Personally I don’t care for the taste of tap water but I’ll drink it if necessary. 

Usually though, I make the effort to drink water out of the built in filter on our fridge. 

I prefer bottled water. Though I do drink tap from time to time out of our sink (that comes from a well). Everybody else says they get stomach aches from it. :huh: I mean it's not really good water but it's not that bad.

I guess I’ll go with tap. Bottled water tastes almost too clean. Maybe I’ve just become too accustomed to the flavor of burnt rubber and chemical fallout I so often associate with the local water, but I like to taste my beverages, for better or worse. Bottled water is too ordinary and antiseptic (I know that’s the whole point but it bores me).  

• Brohoof 1