Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Alien life thread

Zalgo

Life beyond Earth?  

66 users have voted

1. 1. Do you believe life exists beyond Earth?

• Yes (life does exist beyond Earth)
    • No (life does not exist beyond Earth)
    • Unsure (Its a possibility)
  2. 2. Do you think we'll ever find life beyond us?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure
    • May have already

I think it's incrediably arrogant to assume that we are the only intelligent life.

Not only is the universe unimaginably huge, it's unimaginably old and will continue to exist for an unimaginably long time. Civilizations could have risen and fallen before use, are probably doing so now and will probably do so after us.

As for any close enough for us to contact? I don't know, we can see quite a lot, and even if a lot of the farther stuff isn't in great detail, one would think we'd see some evidence of intelligent life, especially if they're more advanced than us as far as space travel goes.

Anyway, I think we'll definitely find definitive evidence of extraterrestrial life within my lifetime, bur as for intelligent life... I'm pretty damn sure it's out there, but who knows if we'll make contact in the foreseeable future?

I think there could be life beyond Earth, if scientists are going to send some drones out to discover if there are any planets out there that have any life forms inhabiting the planet. So, we will find life out there someday.

(I think we might have a similar topic referring to aliens, by the way)

Of course there's life out there. Have you seen those zoom outs of the solar system and galaxy? Or one of those pictures where you can see the entire universe? We're just a "dot" in all of that. Not to mention the sun is an "average star", meaning there are many more stars like the sun elsewhere that also have that habitable "goldilocks" zone around them (the radius/zone around the star that is just right for sustainable conditions. The Earth is a goldilocks planet). However, I feel like we assume way too much that life has to be just like us; needs water, breathes oxygen, and can only live at room temperature. Who's to say there's a species out there that breathes sulfur living at really hot temperatures, that is mostly not mostly composed of water?

The after life....

Currently, since I was an athiest, I'm not fully confirmed on what I should understand, for the most part, I do believe we just come across another experience similar to life, but in a different way.

I could be wrong, but that's my temporary theory for now.  

You're in the wrong neighborhood. Unless people who die happen to experience their afterlife somewhere far away from Earth anyways.

Recently (not so recently) NASA pointed one of there high tech telescopes at an "empty" piece of sky during the night and left the lens open for a few nights to discover not 1, not 2, but 20+ galaxies and the probability of a bunch of those having life on them is very high, contrary to popular belief you don't need everything that the earth has to create life, so yes I do believe 

What about life after death?

I guess thats a thing...

I meant more along the lines of physical life forums but,  who knows. Maybe you can go so far out into space you pass to the after life... 

Did I just blow your fucking mind or what?   :o 

• Brohoof 1

I guess thats a thing...

I meant more along the lines of physical life forums but,  who knows. Maybe you can go so far out into space you pass to the after life... 

Did I just blow your fucking mind or what?   :o 

lol 

you totally just blew my mind. xD

They are pretty sure that there is probably life on Enceladus, but they have yet to drill to the ocean and find it.

If we ever go out to space and find intelligent aliens, I think we should take into account their level of intelligence. If we are smarter than them, we should use them as slaves. If not, we should try to form a treaty allowing both races to live on the other's planet with the natives of the planet.

They are pretty sure that there is probably life on Enceladus, but they have yet to drill to the ocean and find it.

If we ever go out to space and find intelligent aliens, I think we should take into account their level of intelligence. If we are smarter than them, we should use them as slaves. If not, we should try to form a treaty allowing both races to live on the other's planet with the natives of the planet.

Whats Enceladus?

Is it some kinda planet? 

Whats Enceladus?

Is it some kinda planet? 

Ice moons of Jupiter and Saturn could have liquid water below the surface due to internal friction from the tidal forces

enceladus.jpg

Edited by silvadel

There is absolutely zero doubt in my mind that there is life beyond earth. Earth is one planet, in one solar system, in one galaxy. The current best estimate of astronomers is that there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe. Who knows how much else is out there that is currently beyond our reach entirely, and even that would still be in a single universe. I am inclined to believe that there are an infinite number of universes, and therefore life itself is infinite, and possibility is infinite. 

It is also important to consider that what we often consider when we contemplate the notion of life beyond earth is squarely within our human frame of reference. The universe is far bigger than humanity alone, so we could potentially only be seeing and comprehending a small fraction of what is out there. There could be life and worlds all around us right now that simply exist in a way that is beyond our mode of perception. 

Additionally, I think we have encountered extraterrestrial life already. Even if we have not, we certainly will at some point.

I'm not sure, to be honest.

The universe is huge, I wouldn't be surprised if there actually were a few Roger Smiths or ALFs floating around there somewhere.

We'll never know until they reveal themselves. ^^"

I think there is life in outer space. I thought I read about, that they found bacteria from asteroids and stuff. Also there is a theory, that life on earth comes from outer spaces through meteorite or something. 
I think there are surely other life forms, which are highly developed, like animals, maybe even some intelligent ones. I think it would be strange, if there no life other than on earth. I mean there are so many planets, we don’t even where the universe end.

I think there is life in outer space. I thought I read about, that they found bacteria from asteroids and stuff. Also there is a theory, that life on earth comes from outer spaces through meteorite or something. 

I think there are surely other life forms, which are highly developed, like animals, maybe even some intelligent ones. I think it would be strange, if there no life other than on earth. I mean there are so many planets, we don’t even where the universe end.

What we need is a competent, profitable, well-funded, generally and popularly supported means of exploring the cosmos. Whether it's discovering new life, or just mining asteroids, it would change the world for the better.

• Brohoof 2

@@~Sugar Sprinkles~, (+2 others)

Hi all - this is just to let you know that we've consolidated a number of topics about extraterrestrial life into one large thread. This is just to keep all the discussion central. Thanks for understanding. ^^

Edited by Flipturn

• 7 months later...

(now don't take me for nut-job. this is merely my opinion)

Personally, from all the research I've done, I think there's a possibility that we aren't alone in this universe.

That's just my opinion though.

Please feel free to share your thoughts.

post-25645-0-68086100-1416290646_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 1

I'm sure that there are aliens out there. Maybe not in the traditionally publicized form of humanoids, but things like bacterium. That Being said, evidence of bacteria existing on mars has been discovered before. While they may not be the little green men that we once thought, life definitely exists out there, or has anyway. The chance of us existing alone in the universe is too small.

• Brohoof 3