Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Alien life thread

Zalgo

Life beyond Earth?  

66 users have voted

1. 1. Do you believe life exists beyond Earth?

• Yes (life does exist beyond Earth)
    • No (life does not exist beyond Earth)
    • Unsure (Its a possibility)
  2. 2. Do you think we'll ever find life beyond us?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure
    • May have already

Yes, I do believe in aliens. Being where I live I see them quite often when they're crossing over to the United States. I also see a lot of UFOs cause I can't identify the aircraft in the airspace due to being near military bases. Though quite a few times I can tell whats a fighter or not.

I do like to think that aliens do exist in the universe. Though able to cover mass areas nope. I don't think so

• Brohoof 1

I think it's highly likely there are living creatures on other planets, possibly even intelligent ones. I don't think any have visited Earth, though. Maybe someday if their/our technology gets better but I'd think it would be quite a long time.

• Brohoof 1

I think it is safe to say that everyone here pretty much agrees that there is a high possibility that there is life on other planets in this enormous universe, I mean, it seems pretty impossible for there to not be life anywhere else in a universe that is as big as it is

• Brohoof 1

I remain purely "agnostic" on this issue. I used to think that with the amount of planets there have to be out there, and the amount that we have already discovered that are Earth-like, that it was inevitable that we aren't alone. But when I stopped and really thought about it, that's not true at all. We know nothing of how life started, and what conditions spawned it. It could be (and likely is) an incredibly rare event to happen on even a planet like ours. Which means that the chances of life existing on other planets is impossible to calculate. We just don't know.

• Brohoof 1

Of course I believe in aliens. They've been fighting to take over our planet for a long time now, always wanting to enslave us humans to the Dalek race. Thank God for the Doctor.

Do I think aliens have visited Earth? Not really. The "sightings" are always really low-quality, and they're always just that - a brief sighting. You'd think an alien race visiting our planet would have the courtesy to say hi, not swing by for a minute and then leave. Also, the technology needed to travel to our planet would have to be immense, considering our technology doesn't allow us to leave our solar system.

But do I think there is life on some other planet? I'd say there most likely is. It might not be intelligent life, but it probably does exist.

• Brohoof 2

I remember I once went through an alien conspiracy phase. I was fully immersed in the likes of crop circles, UFO landings, strange happenings, etc. I grew out of that phase after a while though.

I don't really think about this kind of stuff anymore, but I guess it's entirely possible.

• Brohoof 1

i can't rule out the possibility of them existing and it is rather likely that they do (as the universe is so big and s still expanding) but there is the possibility that they don't because we haven't seen any evidence to support it and it is just a theory

Aliens (as in intelligent life forms on other planets) probably exist. The odds are in their favor.

I don't think they have been visiting us at all.

In fact, it is likely man will spend the next thousand years without contacting aliens. We will likely have formed several human space faring nations by then, and have colonized a number of planets transforming them into new Earths. I think it will be expanding humans who bump into aliens rather than aliens discovering us.

First contact will likely be with a human prospector looking for new planets, or a robot ship laying the groundwork for a human colony.

(Sigh) I was born too early.

Edited by Silverhoof
  • Brohoof 1

I do believe that there is intelligent life out there and that we'll discover it in many years but I don't believe that they look like the typical aliens and I don't believe people have seen aliens, neither do I believe they have visited us.

• Brohoof 2

I don't know, but there are two possibilities. Either we are alone in the universe or the universe is more densely populated then we imagine it to be. In either case, both possibilities are frightening yet intriguing.

• Brohoof 1

yes, i whole heartily believe in there existence, and i do think they have visited earth on occasion, ive seen a few people say "oh well if they visit they would have said hi" no they wouldnt,  its more than likely that the alien ships that are spotted are research vessels just looking around doing research, and then theres the abduction stories

thinking that we are the only advanced sentient race out there is a very ignorant thought 

• Brohoof 1

Yes i do. I do believe there is life beyond Earth. Its definatly i great possibily. But are they how they are portrayed in the movies? ... Maybe. You never know. Our solar system is pretty young compared to many other systems out there. And Humans are even younger. Life on those older planets could of started billions of years before us. They could of evolved more. Maybe be just as advanced if not even more advanced as us? Or perhaps we are the most inteligent lifeforms out there? ... Nah.

• Brohoof 1

...Do I have to make a six paragraphs explaining on the belief of Aliens.

OF COURSE THEY EXIST! Considering that the universe is HUUUUUUGE, and our Solar System is pretty damn young considering of how it went through (mass Climate change, meteor showers, millions of years of evolution, extinction of the dinosaurs, etc.) then comparing to other galaxies and Solar Systems that are still being discovered to this very day.

So think logically, if the Universe can be so massive, then of course it can contain life, other then just our. Heck perhaps sentient species who have advanced in technologies who have been around far longer then us.

• Brohoof 1

I think as crazy as it sounds, there may be coverup. And we humans got to be way unimportant to them or TPTB have already had their contact with them so that the aliens do not have to bother civilians.

Of course, I take all with a grain of salt -making all that up is possible but I've been reading lots of stuff, made research on my own and its too many cases to dismiss. I am talking about those usually chased for the information they have or still sworn to secrecy. Unless they tell us/show us, I think one should expect anything - from lies to... truth

P.S UFOs in terms of aircraft - yes they are real but in most cases are some test objects or spy drones by military whatever (Chinese, Russians also have such toys)

Edited by ImtR

aliens-meme.jpg

Nuff said.

And yes i do belive because history channel said so.

And also... White letters are hard to see huh? well you could always run it over with your mouse but...

Yus. So much win. Win wrapped within win.

In any case, I don't believe in aliens, but if they do exist, I hope to celestia that they're ponies.

• Brohoof 1

Short answer- yes

Long answer-

Yes aliens exist, the universe is to vast for life on other planets to not exist, it is rather egotistic of humans to believe that we are the only sentient beings in existence.

As for chances of contact, I believe that any chance of a peaceful first contact is slim, any race advanced enough to be able to travel through space at such long distances are unlikely to have any need for our resources and would see it as unnessisary to make peace with us, if they did need our resources why would they pay for it when they could take it from us by force. I've seen unexplainable things in the sky before, so I believe that aliens have been to earth, but likely just to scout our resources and to assess if wevare a threat to them.

I do believe there is some form of life out there, I mean the whole universe is a vast place. I think that if there was such life it would be advanced compared to ours.

i think they do exist as for them being on planet earth, no. people get aliens mixed up with hollywood film aliens, they are two completely different things, the universe is a infinitely expansive with infinite possibility's and so i'd imagine that there are lifeforms that have evolved and adapted in the conditions on certain planets a very large relative distance from us that for an extremely long amount of time we will have zero contact with them.