Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What's your opinion on EqG so far?

MadPointer

Opinion on EqG  

159 users have voted

1. 1. What's your opinion on EqG so far?

• I love it
    • I like it so far
    • It looks cool
    • I'd like to see what they are going to do with it
    • I'm not interested
    • I withhold my judgement
    • I'm not sure about it
    • I don't like
    • I hate it
  2. 2. Has your opinion changed after watching the trailer?

• It's not as bad as I though it would.
    • It hasn't changed
    • It's worse than I expected

I'd like to see how our opinion on EqG changed after watching the trailer. I think I'll make the next poll after EqG is released. This way will be able to see how our opinion changes over time.

I have to warn you that it's a public poll. I made it so I could trace change in opinions.

As for me. I'm not interested. The show has been ruined for me anyway since Twilicorn was introduced.
My opinion on EqD improved because at least human Twilight neither an alicorn nor a princess.

If you end up hating EqD, you'll have to get used to seeing humanized ponies everywhere.

Never thought I'd say this but I'm getting a bit excited about it, I thought the trailer looked interesting. But it looks as though the UK wont get the movie until it's released on DVD which is a little disappointing 

• Brohoof 2

Good job Hasbro, you made a high school drama relating to High School Musical(without the musical parts). Obviously Twilight ran into a boy that she likes. All high school movies have it. Girl runs to boy; girl loves boy; boy love girl; GF + BF; prom.

That's only the beginning on how the movie going to turn out.

It's going to turn out to be some drama-bullsh** show with prom, and romance.

Like I said in Ponloy's thread, people hate change, and those people include me.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

*shrugs* meh

I don't care either way, but I see another brony decide coming soon and those always annoy me because its nothing but people trying to lord there thought and opinion over others as if they are the absolute right.

so I'm gona be napping though all this, if the noise gets to loud I'm bringing out pillow full of rocks

Edited by PonyEcho

(edited)

Honestly, I was a little bit impressed by the trailer, but the more I think about it, the more I dislike the entire concept.

First off, why in the name of Celestia's pet weasel-gator did the FIRST actual 'movie' for FiM be this?

Secondly, I just see so many creative boundaries. Many, many, many, okay, MOST things that they could do in FiM, they cannot do here.

Third, the personalities of the characters may stay intact, but I do not see it interacting well with the 'human world'. Is Fluttershy going to be judged for being incredibly shy? Is Pinkie Pie going to be judged for being crazy? Hmm, it would seem likely, since that is what the average American High School student seems to do, judges and whatnot. Also, seriously, Twilight's interests are NOT boys, fashion, and all of this other crap. If anything, that would just be Rarity. I really hope that they do not force that personality on Twilight. See, even though she is now an Alicorn in FiM, her personality is apparently untouched, which is fantastic. This though, it seems that they may make her into some stupid American teenager. Oh wait, that is what they are going to do...

See, I am all for trying different things when it comes to this stuff. I LOVE the whole Twilicorn thing (Friggin obsessed over it really) so I need to be open minded about something this radical (though Twilicorn ISN'T even close to this radical), but the whole concept just seems to go against everything that FiM is even about and again, this is the first FiM MOVIE. Kinda strange really...

As long as this is not canon to FiM in any way whatsoever, then I will be fine with it. I assume that it isn't anyways. With that said, it might still be quite good. It could be terrible. I think it has more potential after seeing the trailer, but I just have a lot of quirks with it. Still, I will watch it with an open mind.

Edited by Kyoshi
  • Brohoof 8

I think it looks neat. It is an interesting concept. I don't really get why so much hate on it is needed. Is is just a cartoon. I'm not suprised that certain characters are colored they way they are. It is to avoid accusation of racism.

But yeah, looks neat.

I'm really hyped for it :D

I'm also glad that it's not a series and I really like the art direction they took. It's going to be really interesting in my opinion :).

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

I'm really hyped for it biggrin.png

I'm also glad that it's not a series and I really like the art direction they took. It's going to be really interesting in my opinion smile.png.

It has potential, I just hope that this is

A- the only time they do this sort of thing and

B- not the usual high school drama stuff

Edited by Red
  • Brohoof 4

The whole thing's kinda meh to me; I'm not liking it, but I'm not disliking it either. I'll wait for it to show me its merits before I make any solid opinions on it.

Although, I definitely liked what the trailer showed. Not entirely sure why, but it kinda "clicked" with me. Perhaps because there aren't winged people in it?

Still, judgement is withheld. I'm honestly inclined to dislike it because of the premise, but it fully could wow me. I don't feel at liberty to say anything about it yet.

• Brohoof 1

I am still sort of looking forward to it although I am bracing my self for disappointment. The thing I am  not looking forward too is the inevitable shit storm in the fandom of people arguing about nothing that will happen as soon as people have seen it. I really do hope that its really good so that people will finally shut up about it. On the upside we now know that they used the proper voice actors so it cant be all bad.

I have seen quite a few cliches in the trailer and so far my gut tells me this Equestria Girls is going to be meh, but I was and still am neutral on it and will probably see it anyway to see what the hubub is about. Besides even if the worst happens and it ends up being horrible than it will at least not affect the main series so I don't see myself joining the panic party anytime soon.

Fast Times At Hasbro High

post-2150-0-35385100-1368466102.jpg

The trailer serves only to remind me that a great many brilliant people are working on a project whose founding premise galls me.

That is, for me at least, what is most bittersweet about Equestria Girls. Why not put all that money and talent into Equestria itself? A movie about the Mane Six in pony form would pack theaters without breaking a sweat, yet instead we have this.

I feel less puzzled when I consider we're dealing with Hasbro here, and Hasbro is, first and foremost, a toy company. Thus I must theorize that Equestria Girls represents, more than anything else, an attempt to expand the reach of the My Little Pony franchise into the tween/teen merchandise market.

The fact that I can't blame them for wanting to tap into such a potentially lucrative revenue stream, and must grudgingly admire the thinking behind doing so (from a business standpoint, at least, if not an artistic one), only rubs salt into my aesthetic wounds.

On the bright side, I can be content with the silver lining of knowing some truly gifted cast and crew members are at least going to make some money off this. Hopefully not so much that this spin-off concept eclipses Friendship is Magic itself, but I pray enough to make it worthwhile and help pay the bills.

I'm finding that I definitely I don't like the idea of our little ponies in a human world any more than I like the idea of humans in Equestria, but despite my own misgivings about the project, I most certainly harbor no ill will toward anyone involved and sincerely wish them the very best in their endeavors. biggrin.png

My opinion? *Throws up*

Not really. My reaction is more this:

soniamdisappoint.jpg

Thank you, rarity.

1. The animation is sub-par. Clearly done on a budget, and rushed, the animation is relatable to most other shows on Nickelodeon. Compared to MLP, it is pathetic.

2. There is little graphical appeal. Lauren Faust put tons of time into making the ponies look cute and adorable. The EQ Girls look... weird. Their cheekbones extend too far, the legs are reminiscent of barbie dolls (way too long), the shoes, even the tennis shoes, look like knee high mud boots.

3. The plot line looks to be similar to most high school chick flicks, with a tad of emphasis on friendship, a villain, and some girl with lava-colored hair. So basically Kim Possible.

4. Rainbow dash toe kicked that soccer ball. No, she is no athlete  You don't do that. Plus, the soccer ball spun in a way that it would have if it was correctly kicked, not toe kicked. 

5. Spike is a dog. What.

6. They go into the human world, and no one looks normal. Weird colored hair? Makes sense, with hair dye, and the fact that this is high school, but the skin? ._.

I know I have to wait until it comes out to know, but I'm not wasting money on it, I'm not hiding my breath, and I certainly do not have High Expectations.

• Brohoof 1

They go into the human world, and no one looks normal. Weird colored hair? Makes sense, with hair dye, and the fact that this is high school, but the skin? 

What are you defining as normal?

Lots of cartoon don’t look normal when compared to real life if that’s what you meant?.

EQG don’t look normal when compared to real humans, but they kinda don’t look normal as ponies when compared to real ones either

Not that I’m bashing how there designed in FIM I love how they look and stuff I’m just saying

• Brohoof 1

What are you defining as normal?

Lots of cartoon don’t look normal when compared to real life if that’s what you meant?.

EQG don’t look normal when compared to real humans, but they kinda don’t look normal as ponies when compared to real ones either

Not that I’m bashing how there designed in FIM I love how they look and stuff I’m just saying

I am defining normal as what humans look like. Also, the proportions are dreadful, unattractive, etc. I just dislike the look of it. 

Eh, at first I didn't really care for it, was going to watch it, but didn't expect anything. It wasn't going to affect the cannon show(and I still hope it doesn't) so it didn't really matter.

Now I do have to say the trailer got me a little more curious about it, however the whole thing is still mostly a mystery and theres not a whole lot of ground to judge it on anyways.

I will regardless remain open minded, the only thing I know I dislike about the show is the art style, its just odd to me... Other then that nothings really definite for me.

As long as it doesn't affect the cannon show, I don't think the shows success matters much to me, I will give it a try though, just so I'll have a legitment opinion.

So far it looks to be a stereotypical "new girl in school" type film but made in MLP FIM style. By what ive seen, it's animation is still good and they have the same VA's but it looks like the script might suck. I might give it a try but i have a feeling it is going to be terrible.

• Brohoof 1

After seeing the trailer it actually looked... decent. Actually maybe a bit better than decent. And Also it was written by Megan McCarthy and the music is by Daniel Ingram so it can't be horrible right? I'll definitely be giving it it a shot. I'm not going to see it in theaters though. Rather just watch it somewhere online when it's out.

• Brohoof 1

I did not realize that it was going to be about pony Twilight Sparkle going to another world and becoming human.  I thought that it was going to be an alternate take on the characters, with all of them having been more humanoid from the beginning.  After seeing the trailer, I am a little more interested in the movie.  

(edited)

Someone said that Lauren Faust took a lot of time into making the ponies look cute. She accomplished that. EqG just makes my favorite, adorable, cute cartoon animals into stick figures. 

That's only one of the reasons I really don't like this. Others are: I don't like this high school setting. I think that everything they are going to do with EqG they could do in Equestria. I don't like the notion that they turned Spike into a dog when he should be a "brother" or something. I also don't want them to tell me that her friends, in that world, are the other Mane 6, because they are not. They are different individuals with different memories and I won't buy the "friendship defeats the barriers between worlds" idea.

I'm hoping that the villain is a real pony that magically created this world in an elaborate plot to steal the crown and do "something" with it. I hope to Celestia, God, Buddha, Zeus, ANYONE that this world where Twilight goes to is not Earth. And finally, I hope to the same that we're wrong and Twilight doesn't have a crush on this "Soarin' guy". Because she has to return to Equestria and leave him. I don't want to see THIS drama because Twilight is a pony and that guy is not a pony. It is something Twilight NEVER saw before and thus should not be hammered into having romantic feelings for him.

So, I don't hate it, and I will watch it for free if someone I know buys it and invites me, but I will not pay for it.

EDIT: I forgot something. I'd also like if Twilight returned to Equestria, took a big hammer and turned that mirror into the smallest pieces of magic mirror known to ponykind and never spoke of it again.

Though I'm curious as to why the Crystal Empire again... Why not Canterlot?

Edited by moonlightavenger

(edited)

I am excited for this movie, and I'm in the minority for that.  I just have a feeling it's going to be one of those cliche high school storylines, and I hope I'm wrong. But hey, who knows?

Edited by SuperUltimateBrony

Honestly, I never thought I'd say this, but after seeing the trailer, it's somewhat piqued my curiosity.  It sort of fixed three of the issues I had with the character designs- the cutie marks on the cheek and the wings aren't there, and the skin color issue has been addressed by giving everyone weird skin colors (reminded me a little of the show Doug in that sense).  I'm not convinced that I'm going to go see it, but it's not a definite "no".

And I'm not even worried about the canonicity, because even if it is canon, I doubt it'll make any lasting changes regarding the show. 

Nah, I'm pretty much neutral on the entire thing. The trailer looks nice, but it hardly reveal anything important. I will definitely try to at least buy the DVD as soon as it reaches here, but no more. What really irks me is that they chose to include Snips and Snails in the movie. The "villain" looks damn mediocre at best.

Other than that, I just can't wait for the damn thing to hit the screen to stop all these dramas and baseless wild-ass predictions this fandom loves to churn out.

uPy9xQn.jpg

• Brohoof 1