Are you a natural born driver?

Anonymous~

Police tend to not like Doges being the wheel. Something about hitting mail men being unethical. 

Edited by Doge

Previously known as Spoderman.

wowe

• 5 years later...

Me, I got cat like reflexes behind the wheel. And reacting too quick might have been the cause of my accident in December. 

And I just LOVE driving. I put 11,000 miles on my car in the 2 months I've had it.

The Tractor Pulling Brony

"2 years long, and still pulling strong"

Thank you to everyone! This has been the happiest 2 years of my life and I owe 90% of it to you guys:P.

Stay Awesome MLP Forums!!!

(edited)

I'm most definitely NOT a natural born driver. I get really anxious behind the wheel, to the point of panicking when I go more than 40. I'm ESPECIALLY frightened about driving on highways... :unsure:  I also have a really bad habit of stopping too far from an intersection.

I sat that in the present tense even though I haven't actually driven a car in about 3 years.

Edited by Dusky, the Boy Queen

I'm level-headed and prefer concentration, so yeah I guess so. 

ezgif-3-2022f43b7e48.gif.cc21d01322ba58d07570880d654a323e.gif.329d04ca2e8802045b40325a74a30f1d.gif

♪ "I practice every day to find some clever lines to say, to make the meaning come through"♪

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

DEFINITELY not. It took me an entire year to become acceptable enough to get my license but even then I cheated, I took my test through my driving instructor who gave me a ton of leeway. I don’t think I would’ve passed if I took the actual driver’s test for my license. :ButtercupLaugh:

• Brohoof 2

Lover of all things Applejack. <3

Well, not to brag, but...driving came easy to me from the very start. I passed my learner's permit test and the big license test on the first try with flying colors. :proud: I have never once got pulled over by a cop or have been involved in an accident....*knocks on wood*

I wish!

Never got a driver's license, only driving around on a scooter that goes way too fast. I ran over a badger once. Okay, let's not talk about that. :sealed:

Edited by Splashee
  • Brohoof 1

Nope, quite the opposite actually. I am terrified of driving after an incident in my childhood where I somehow managed to start my dad's truck when I was a kid and sent it rolling down the driveway.

MLPForums "Self-Proclaimed" Kamen Rider Nut
Now, count up your sins!
I do Traditional commissions, by the way! See them HERE!

post-8308-0-43031100-1429818502.png

Banner was done by the wonderful Kyoshi.

It's hard to say if I'm a natural born driver or not. I put off getting a permit for quite a while because the idea of being on the road with this massive machine and my own life in my hands frightened me. I was a horrible driver at first, hated interstates and merging, hated driving at night, hated driving in anything less that ideal dry driving conditions.

Now I think driving is one of the most relaxing things out there. It's almost too easy.

TotallyNyxSignature.png.010998cc64637c3bcdc4fb0039765b43.png
Signature made by @Sparklefan1234 (Thank you!)

Want to know something? Ask me, Nyx, Lyra, or Roseluck anything.

• 2 years later...

Natural born might be a little far but good, so far, would work. Passed all 3 tests on the first* try.

*examiners had to leave for unrelated reasons during my CDL test so I had to take it in multiple parts over multiple days, so I just missed the deadline for a few things.

• Brohoof 1

Yes. It took me a couple of hours to familiarize myself. But I do not drive anymore. In fact, my car has been parked in one the houses for "some" time already.

Last time I saw it, the four tires were flattened, and it was leaking gasoline. That is what happens when you abandon your car for more than ten years. I have abandonment issues, after all. Hahaha.

Nope. I passed my theory/practical tests on the first try but it took me a few years after that to actually feel comfortable driving, and even now I'd still rather walk to places if possible (driving always beats public transport though).

• Brohoof 1

No, I'm definitely not. I have learned to master it. I have been to driving school for three times. First for a regular car, then for trucking license and lastly for bus driving license. In Finland all of them each requires a lot of theoretical and practical training. I've been driving bus for 3 years and had a driver's licence for about 8 to 9 years

• Brohoof 1

Nope, it took me quite a while to even WANT to get behind the wheel, but now I'm learning to master it. I actually want to drive now.

silverstream_signature_by_kyoshifrostwolf_dceb7cf.png.13d1f0558421db9878b3d4774bb30e86.png

Not really. High speeds make me nervous, trying to squeeze through heavy traffic stresses me out, and I have terrible spatial awareness (I cannot for the life of me keep a car in a lane or maneuver in a parking lot). I ended up getting a motorcycle license instead of a driver's license, which solved the spatial awareness issue and somewhat helped with the heavy traffic issue. I also feel more confident on a bike - it kind of just feels natural to me.

Rainbow Dash Fanatic

"You stroll down memories of younger, brighter times 'cause you never realize what you've got till you leave it all behind." ~ dBPony

"So we’re here at the end, did we teach you well, my friend? Don’t look so sad to see us go, after the rain comes rainbows." ~ Princewhateverer

"Darlin' you'll be okay." ~ Vic Fuentes

I’m a natural born average driver. I love to drive and I like to think I’m good at it, but the gestures (middle fingers) made by passing drivers, and the cacophony of car horns (as I play with my music or check my makeup in the rear-view while driving) tend to suggest otherwise.