Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are you a natural born driver?

Anonymous~

• 5 years later...

Me, I got cat like reflexes behind the wheel. And reacting too quick might have been the cause of my accident in December. 

And I just LOVE driving. I put 11,000 miles on my car in the 2 months I've had it.

(edited)

I'm most definitely NOT a natural born driver. I get really anxious behind the wheel, to the point of panicking when I go more than 40. I'm ESPECIALLY frightened about driving on highways... :unsure:  I also have a really bad habit of stopping too far from an intersection.

I sat that in the present tense even though I haven't actually driven a car in about 3 years.

Edited by Dusky, the Boy Queen

I'm level-headed and prefer concentration, so yeah I guess so. 

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

DEFINITELY not. It took me an entire year to become acceptable enough to get my license but even then I cheated, I took my test through my driving instructor who gave me a ton of leeway. I don’t think I would’ve passed if I took the actual driver’s test for my license. :ButtercupLaugh:

• Brohoof 2

Well, not to brag, but...driving came easy to me from the very start. I passed my learner's permit test and the big license test on the first try with flying colors. :proud: I have never once got pulled over by a cop or have been involved in an accident....*knocks on wood*

I wish!

Never got a driver's license, only driving around on a scooter that goes way too fast. I ran over a badger once. Okay, let's not talk about that. :sealed:

Edited by Splashee
  • Brohoof 1

Nope, quite the opposite actually. I am terrified of driving after an incident in my childhood where I somehow managed to start my dad's truck when I was a kid and sent it rolling down the driveway.

It's hard to say if I'm a natural born driver or not. I put off getting a permit for quite a while because the idea of being on the road with this massive machine and my own life in my hands frightened me. I was a horrible driver at first, hated interstates and merging, hated driving at night, hated driving in anything less that ideal dry driving conditions.

Now I think driving is one of the most relaxing things out there. It's almost too easy.

• 2 years later...

Natural born might be a little far but good, so far, would work. Passed all 3 tests on the first* try.

*examiners had to leave for unrelated reasons during my CDL test so I had to take it in multiple parts over multiple days, so I just missed the deadline for a few things.

• Brohoof 1

Yes. It took me a couple of hours to familiarize myself. But I do not drive anymore. In fact, my car has been parked in one the houses for "some" time already.

Last time I saw it, the four tires were flattened, and it was leaking gasoline. That is what happens when you abandon your car for more than ten years. I have abandonment issues, after all. Hahaha.

Nope. I passed my theory/practical tests on the first try but it took me a few years after that to actually feel comfortable driving, and even now I'd still rather walk to places if possible (driving always beats public transport though).

• Brohoof 1

No, I'm definitely not. I have learned to master it. I have been to driving school for three times. First for a regular car, then for trucking license and lastly for bus driving license. In Finland all of them each requires a lot of theoretical and practical training. I've been driving bus for 3 years and had a driver's licence for about 8 to 9 years

• Brohoof 1

Not really. High speeds make me nervous, trying to squeeze through heavy traffic stresses me out, and I have terrible spatial awareness (I cannot for the life of me keep a car in a lane or maneuver in a parking lot). I ended up getting a motorcycle license instead of a driver's license, which solved the spatial awareness issue and somewhat helped with the heavy traffic issue. I also feel more confident on a bike - it kind of just feels natural to me.

I’m a natural born average driver. I love to drive and I like to think I’m good at it, but the gestures (middle fingers) made by passing drivers, and the cacophony of car horns (as I play with my music or check my makeup in the rear-view while driving) tend to suggest otherwise.