Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are you a natural born driver?

Anonymous~

(edited)

I would definitely say I am a great driver. Seeing as I live in New England (where the weather changes every 20 minutes) I've had to deal with snow, ice, rain, and I've never been in an accident in all my years driving. I don't panic when the conditions come at me because that is the worst thing you can do when driving. Panicking causes a lapse in reaction time which is crucial when driving in the elements. My current job I drive all the time and some times I get really frustrated at the lack of understanding the rules of the road people have when driving (LEFT TURNS GO LAST GUYS) To put it in perspective: The street I live on had 7 new road signs put up because of two consecutive crashes in the same day. They put up: A second stop sign, Two signs indicating that stop signs are ahead, and 4 signs telling you which streets are coming up depending on whether you turn left or right.

Edited by Wonderbolt_Spitfire

I would go to say I'm a natural born driver. I've passed both my permit and drivers test, first time with ease. Heck, a month after I got my permit I was driving on the interstate and busy highways. I am a very cautious driver, if not so I would of been in 4 wrecks by now. 

(LEFT TURNS GO LAST GUYS)

Yes, but if NASCAR has taught me anything, it's that left turns most certainly get you into first. You aren't going to get very far at all if you're making right turns on an oval. 

• Brohoof 1

Yes, but if NASCAR has taught me anything, it's that left turns most certainly get you into first. You aren't going to get very far at all if you're making right turns on an oval.

NASCAR has taught me that drafting saves fuel, but everyone I do it on the highway I get dirty looks and flipped off. You would think people would be happy I'm saving so much money.

NASCAR has taught me that drafting saves fuel, but everyone I do it on the highway I get dirty looks and flipped off. You would think people would be happy I'm saving so much money.

Every time I try bump drafting I get the cops called on me. Don't hate me, I'm just trying to save both of us fuel!

But, uh, here's a tip: don't try bump drafting semi trucks. It doesn't work...

• 3 weeks later...

I would say I'm a natural born good driver. I would even say I look forward to driving (as long as there are no passengers) because I get to blast music and have a good time. I'm a little on the aggressive side of driving, but not to the point where I get tickets and stuff.

I got into a wreck once, but that was the result of an extremely unlucky circumstance, where everything that could have gone wrong did.

(edited)

i drove my first motorised vehicle when i was about 7 years old. it wa a moped i bought from my own money. ever since that day i love driving. i especially love driving fast for that matter. i tried cruising along but i found myself exceeding the legal speed limit way faster then anticipated XD i guess it's something that grew on me over the years. i need the speed. literally. otherwise i just go nuts

Edited by repsol rave

• 4 months later...

Definitely not. I took Driver's Ed years ago and did not do so well in the driving portion. I was not good at braking... Lol. So I became scared and put it off. Now I'm pretty sure I'll never be able to drive. I'm sad about the lack of independence, but I have a feeling I would have never made a good driver, anyway.

No way. Now I am very good driver and outmatched most of friends, but when I first got into car (I was 17 years old then) I was terrible, people who are saying about how women are bad when driving obviously did not see me back then lol tongue.png, I made mistakes so terrible that I'd feel ashamed of even mentioning them. But I think saying that at first I was unable to even drive faster than 20 km/h will mean something already... xD

Sorry about pink. Never again I'll play truth or dare xD

Edited by Marshmellow Hunter

*sees thread title*

*deliberates whether or not to take a look*

*clicks, and sees baby driving*

I-Dont-Know-What-I-Expected-Reaction-Gif

*begins slow clap, but still doesn't quite understand what's happening in here*

Nah I'm more of a natural born "if you get in the car with me you'll probably pee on yourself, have a heart attack, or we'll wreck and die"

And no, I'm not kidding. Ask my drivers Ed. teacher.

It may be because I grew up in a tiny town that it happened for me this way, but I think I'm a pretty good driver because I was taught to drive at a very young age. My mother put me behind the wheel of her 1993 Ford Taurus when I was 8 and taught me some of the basics of driving. When I was 12, I was driving pretty much anywhere within a half hour on a regular basis. When I was 13, I learned how to drive tractors and I learned how to drive stick. So when I went to take my driving test, I made a 92 on it.

So now that I'm 21, while most of the people I know have only been driving for about 4 to 5 years, I've got about 13 years behind the wheel. Most people are nearly 30 years old by the time they get 13 years of driving experience. And it's really paid off. Again, I had a near perfect score on my driving exam, I've never had any wrecks, there are just things that come natural to me when I'm driving just because I've been doing it for so long. 

So yeah, my personal belief is that you're not really a natural born driver. Yeah, some people can do it better than others, but you learn it through experience. Really, the sooner you teach someone a skill like driving a car, the better. Of course, I understand if you live in a populated area where there are more cops around and it's easier to be pulled over for driving without a license, but I grew up in a tiny Oklahoma town. Our police force is pretty much a night watchman who doesn't even dress up in uniform lol

Does it count if I'm driving at 40km/h in the woods in a quad? Well, yes, I drive great, I have a great control on my car and I'd like to be a rally driver. It's just what I can't control that frighten me.... you know, other people.

Well is there even a such thing as a natural born driver? After all, cars weren't always around. But thinking in that means, I would say I'm good. My dad is an excellent driver, but aren't sure if those kind of traits are really passed down. Seems to me like it's the person. Like at first, I was terrified, and was sure I would do bad. But my dad just told be to stay calm and relaxed. You still have to stay cautious, but stay calm. And I listened. I didn't hold onto the wheel as hard, and just started driving. Not to say I was super good at first. I was slower, and made mistakes, but I got better. I personally believe this can be true with all. Anypony can be a good driver if they let themselves be that way.smile.png

• Brohoof 2

I just wish they'd stop re-arranging the controls on me. Nah, I'm not *that* old, but I did learn to drive both automatic and standard, which is a rare option on cars now-a-days. My mum learned to drive on a push-button Dodge Valiant in the late 50's apparently, that must have been confusing.

From some of my trainers (people who teach me) they tell me that I pick things up fast. There was a time where I almost drove off the road but luckily managed to recover. I wouldn't say that I am goid or bad, I'm just moderate. Not good or bad either.

Yes.

-I got my Prius getting 50+ Miles Per Gallon and rocking a My Little Pony bumper sticker!

-I know the arterial grid layout of the Phoenix metro area expertly well.

-I've never gotten a ticket of any kind (although I fear I will get one on my bicycle!)

I'd say I'm in pretty good shape driving-wise and I love it! It's ironic because I was so terrified of driving before I started! I didn't even get a permit to drive until after I'd turned 18 years old...

Edited by MontagnaMagica

I'd say I'm a good one, no accidents yet, been driving for 5 years and so far it's been good!

Luckily I don't live in a huge city so the traffic isn't as bad, I hope to keep a clean driving record.

I'm on of the very few naturally good drivers. The first time I played a driving simulation (I was 6. And it was one of those professional simulations, not one on like a console or anything.) I set the lowest time on 4 different tracks. Whenever I play driving games I always take the corners almost perfect (if not perfect) and if I play a game such as Forza 4, I'm always #1 the whole race. I'm 15 atm and where I live (WI, USA) I could get my Driver's License next year (when I turn 16) so I will find out for sure if I'm a good driver or not.

Side Note: What do you guys prefer, Automatic or Manual? I prefer Manual...

I'm the exact opposite of a driver.  I am and always will be a pedestrian.  I have tried so many times, and I've decided for everyone else's safety that I will never get behind the wheel again.  XD