Kenny

Right or Left Handed?  

494 users have voted

1. 1. Right or Left Handed?

• Right
    • Left
    • Ambidextrous

Left handed.

Didn't really have any serious problems with tools or in school, sure people are often suprised if they see me writing with the left hand but that is just a unusual sight for them.

My biggest problem however is with pc-games who don't have the option to remap the keyboard controls. This can be sometimes really uncomfortable.

Right handed.  Why do I feel like 90% of the people who put : "Ambidextrous" are actually right or left handed...  Everyone can operate their off-hand, but it is only truly Ambidextrous when you are able to do everything equally with both.  (even writing.)

Edited by John

I can throw with both hoof. Catch with both. I can write and draw with my left. I throw harder punches with my right. I eat my cereal with my right hoof. I kick with my left. I wink with my right eye. I raise my left eyebrow.

I'm ambidextrous, though I tend to use one hand over the other for different activities. For example, I like archery and shoot left handed. I play guitar right handed, mostly because getting a left handed guitar is annoying, so I've never tried. These are just two examples, but I could list lots of them.

Left hoof only. It makes writing and drawing a pain as the page keeps getting smudged :S I was supposed to be right hooved, but my right hand didn't come with the 'I'm supposed to be normal' gene switched on XD

I mainly use my right hand for stuff like drawing, writing and using the mouse for a computer but I can use both my hands for things like typing on the keyboard and playing the piano. 

I'm mostly right handed.  I write and use tools with my right hand but I play sports and drive my bike with my left hand.  My left hand has more balance.  Often though, I can do things with both, just not writing, that gives horrible results...

• 4 weeks later...

I had looked the forums for a topic of this and did not find anything, but if there is, I am sorry. 

I have thought of this after I decided to look around the classroom in school to see what hand do my classmates write with. It had seemed like I was the only left handed one in the class. I have been practicing a little with my right hand and it has been getting better, so for those that are ambidextrous, if any, what is your more dominant hand to write with or do you occasionally switch between both?

Edited by JRex95

my most dominant is my right hand, but i can write with both my hands.

it's pretty convenient when i need to write something long in a test or something, i just write with both hands at once! :3

• Brohoof 1

I write with my right hand. In fact, I use my right hand for mostly everything. I tried writing with my left hand once, it didn't go well. Safe for me to say that righty is the dominant one here.

My story with this is very interesting (or at least I think it is). I originally used my left hand for everything. I was too young to write back then but the signs clearly indicated that I was going to become left handed. However, my parents heard some bad things about how lefties people have more accidents because everything is designed for the more common right handed people. So they pretty much forced my right hand to become my dominant hand. Now both my hands are very clumsy. I can't draw very well and my hand writing is barely readable. I am very sad that my parents decided to do this but I can't blame them. They meant well.

my most dominant is my right hand, but i can write with both my hands.

it's pretty convenient when i need to write something long in a test or something, i just write with both hands at once! :3

I find that amazing :D! How did you discover that you could do this? I would give an arm and a leg to be able to do that even if it kinda defeats the purpose  :lol: !

What if I don't even know?

I can write with both hands, I can basically do everything with both hands.

But for hockey I'm left handed, and guitar I'm right handed.

I use my right hand a bit more often, so I guess I'm a little bit more right handed.

I do most tasks with my left hand, but my right one isn't completely useless.  :lol:  I can operate scissors only with my right hand. Seems a bit strange. When I first picked up guitar, I did it the Hendrix way, but then I realized that, even though it feels more natural, it can be inconvenient.

• Brohoof 1

Pretty much everything creative is done in my left hand and anything done in my right hand... Actually now I think about it, I pretty much use my left hand for everything. Although with guitar, I play right handed and in piano, my left hand is stronger which makes the bassline stronger for playing awesome solos.  :comeatus:

I am completely left handed in every sense of the word, so yes, I write with my left hand, which can be kind of a pain for a long exam.  By the end of a 2 hour exam my whole left hand is usually covered in lead!  Ah well, at least it cleans off real easy.  ^_^

Edited by Batbrony
  • Brohoof 1