• Xbox
    • PS3
    • Xbox 360
    • Wii
    • Xbox One
    • PS4
    • WiiU
    • Other

Alright, I did a little digging and it appears no one has done this.

Alright so it's exactly what it sounds like, what was your first console. I'm going to include the next generation for obvious reasons. 

In all honesty, my first console was the Wii, sad I know since I'm 19. My parents never let us have consoles until one day they decided to get a Wii, a few months after it was released. After that, we, my brother and I, bought a PS2, taking baby steps, sold that after a while and then finally purchased a Xbox 360. He went to college, I paid him off on the 360, so now it is all mine. He owns a PS3 now. 

• Brohoof 6

I can't remember if my first console was the gamecube or the PS2. I think it was the PS2 so I will just choose that. Oh man, so many memories with that console. I still own a PS2 :D

• Brohoof 2

I can't remember if my first console was the gamecube or the PS2. I think it was the PS2 so I will just choose that. Oh man, so many memories with that console. I still own a PS2

I am seriously considering buying another PS2, I still have the old memory card for it. So many good memories on that thing. Battlefront 2, Conflict Series, Shadow of the Colossus, and so many more.  

• Brohoof 3

Ahh my Super Nintendo. Provided me days worth of entertainment with Super Mario World, DK Country, Mario Kart, Yoshi's Island, Street Fighter, and for some reason a cool Monopoly game. 

20 years old and it still works great! Play it here and there all the time. 

• Brohoof 1

Well, technically, the first console I ever had in my possession was the Sony Playstation. However, it wasn't mine and I didn't get to keep it for very long. So I went with my first actual console ever. The Nintendo Wii. My parents decided to buy it for the family because it was cheaper than other consoles and had family-friendly titles. I remember the joys of Super Mario Galaxy. After that, I had some DS's and a PS3.

• Brohoof 2

I am seriously considering buying another PS2, I still have the old memory card for it. So many good memories on that thing. Battlefront 2, Conflict Series, Shadow of the Colossus, and so many more.  

I never beat Shadow of the Colossus on PS2. I have beaten the HD version of it on PS3 however.

Battlefront. Ah, yes. I played that game non stop when I was a kid. Waiting for Battlefront 3.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

The first one my family owned was an SNES I'm pretty sure (though I remember the Playstation much more), but that belonged more to my brother. I mostly just watched him play games back then.

The first console that was identified as mine was the N64. Yep, Super Smash Bros., Mario Party (2 is the best smile.png), Pokemon Stadium, Bomberman 64, Super Mario 64, Starfox 64, etc.: those were the days. I think the first handheld I got was the Game Boy color, though we did have a regular Game Boy at the time.

Edited by MuteMutt
  • Brohoof 1

My first gaming device was a GameBoy Color, but my family's first console was a PS1. It was when I was about 5 or 6, and the only game I played on it was Crash Bandicoot.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

First console? That has to be NES if you count owned as shared with my brother and family. I can't say i played much back then, i had Ice Climber and Super Mario Bros on my most played NES game list and it's not that huge from what i can remember. x)

The big era started with SNES, where the home console had a more diverse game library. Super Mario Bros All-stars being an all-time favorite of the time, along with Super Mario Kart and Donkey Kong Country made the console stand out more to me. smile.png

Edited by Jonke
  • Brohoof 1

The first console I remember is a Sega Genesis, my first game was Sonic 2. My parents had gotten it after Sonic 2 came out of course, and we all really enjoyed it. We did end up selling that and getting a Super Nintendo with Mario Paint, and a Sega Master System. Guess what got played more, haha!

Once they got Super Mario World, I started playing the SNES more, but then they ended up selling that to get another Sega Genesis and Sonic 3, which I hated because I could never get past the barrel in Carnival Night Zone.

TL;DR, Genesis.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

My first console was a Nintendo 64. Sadly, I didn't really know how to play video games at age four, so I'd have to say that the Playstation 2 is the first console I really enjoyed. I still get nostalgia factor from Sony.

Edited by Zenith
  • Brohoof 1

I wonder how many people dont know the the Sega master system had the first and only 3d game ever made for a long time "Missle Defense 3D" yyou needed special glasses to play it and man did i spend countless hours playing it, it was fun

• Brohoof 1

my first was the N64 i player paper Mario for fucking mounts before i even knew other games existed *yes i thought paper Mario was the only game shut up i was 4*   then i just played super Mario 64 and after that got a game cube and that where it ended. WASN'T THAT EXITING

• Brohoof 1

My first console was the original Gameboy. It had all those great games like Mortal Kombat, Godzilla, Boxer (or whatever it was called), Tetris and Solomon's Club. Even though it's so old It's still great taking it out once in a while to play again. 

• Brohoof 1

my first was the N64 i player paper Mario for fucking mounts before i even knew other games existed *yes i thought paper Mario was the only game shut up i was 4*   then i just played super Mario 64 and after that got a game cube and that where it ended. WASN'T THAT EXITING

Haha, you thought the only game out there was paper mario. Here is my expression after reading that you have only played up to the gamecube:

derpy_cannon_by_kalleflaxx-d4n59et.png

Haha, you thought the only game out there was paper mario. Here is my expression after reading that you have only played up to the gamecube:

derpy_cannon_by_kalleflaxx-d4n59et.png

IM GOING TO MURDER YOU! and no i have an xbox 360 it just i prefer pc gaming because you can mod and use pirate bay for free games.

• Brohoof 1

NES

Though I only have very vague memories of it.  Mostly Duck Hunt, Super Mario Bros., The Legend of Zelda and Final Fantasy.  We also had Ikari Warriors II and Platoon but...well, those games are terrible.

• Brohoof 2

NES baby! And at the time, those pixelly graphics and beep-boop soundtracks were the coolest. It was nice and simple too. Not like some new consoles where you have to hit A, B, X, R2 + analog, and stand on your head to shoot a bad guy. laugh.png

The first game I ever played on it was Super Mario Bros. 3, and I followed it up with a lot of Battletoads, Track and Field 2, Fester's Quest, Dragon Warrior, Excitebike and anything else I could get my hands on.

• Brohoof 1

Your poll doesn't go back far enough. wink.png

Atari VCS (eventually called the Atari 2600, but I had it under the older name.)

Technically I had an Atari Super Pong before that, but I'm not sure that counts as a 'console' by modern definitions.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

My first console was the Playstation 1. I remember playing games like Crash Bandicute, Colony Wars, Star Wars, Ace Combat 1 and Wipe out ah those were the days smile.png

Edited by NightOwl
  • Brohoof 1