Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

DITR

I've never been pessimistic about the show.  I've never been doom-and-gloom about such stuff as the Princess Twilight fiasco, or the introduction of the Equestria Girls.  In fact, I've quite liked it all (though the EQ stuff is far below the main show).  I view it all in a lens of cautious optimism. 

I think Princess Luna is overrated (but I still like her). 

I think Starswirl doesn't get the love he deserves.

I think the MLP comics should get more attention from the fanbase, even though it's often mediocre (though admittedly, I haven't read all of the comics). 

• Brohoof 2

I like Zephyr Breeze, I like every season of the show, and I don't hate a single episode of the show, finding even some of the most reviled episodes I agree to be very flawed to just be mediocre.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

The Cutie Mark Crusaders are really annoying and should of stopped constantly trying to get a cutie mark. They would of got their cutie mark at some point anyway, since the world seems to work by destiny. 

I don't know... deal with other things than the constant search for a cutie mark. Like dealing with other things kids go through while growing up.

Edited by Bendy
  • Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Ziltoid the Omniscient said:

I tell new bronies that the 3rd season of the show is just filler. You can skip it.

How does one even define "filler" in this show? 

• Brohoof 2

16 minutes ago, AlexanderThrond said:

Idk tbh. My statement was a joke cause if you jump from season 2 to 4 you miss Twilights Princess coronation which imo is a pretty important part of the series. 

Now I want to find character arc edited videis for the mane 7 that only focuses on that one character and cuts and edits their development through the show. Kinda like Daemon Blackfyres GoT videos on YouTube.

• Brohoof 2

Well I got unpopular opinion on the show and fandom

First the show 

1.mlp is not going downhill or jump the shark

2. The first two season is not that good not saying is bad or worse but it not better than others seasons

3. Alicorn Twilight didn't runied the show

4.mmc wasn't that bad I do like songs 

5. Characters in the show  are getting hate these 

I don't understand the hate cmc getting their cutie marks

The fandom

1.clopping is wrong

2. I do hate mlp shippings  especially the ones with non pony expect for oc x canon

3.  Bronies who complained about new stuff in the show and against it  is clearly pointless and useless

The fandom doesn't own the show 

And there littles girls who watch the show too not just bronies

4. I disagree with the fandom worst episode list

5. mlp analysis runied the show

6. Love and tolerate doesn't make sense

7 bronies wishing that old gens mlp never happen 

We won't get G4 

• Brohoof 2

1. 28 Pranks Later is an awesome episode.

mlps6e15cookies.jpg.20f1a900b938ecc34f892913b4e15144.jpg

2. The show's staff are making a terrible mistake by ignoring the Equestria Girls lore; I think it'd be so cool to have Sunset Shimmer play a starring role in her pony form.

Edited by Prospekt
  • Brohoof 6

On 7/31/2018 at 2:31 AM, shyabetes3939 said:

Starlight Glimmer's reformation wasn't actually that bad

I agree! I've just honestly found it rather strange how some people talk about it like it was the worst thing to ever happen since I didn't really mind it at all. Besides, I also like Starlight as a reformed character in general.

On 7/26/2018 at 12:44 PM, AlexanderThrond said:

Three words.  Applejack's Day Off.  Speaking of which I never really was a fan of the Rarijack dynamic in the show, despite it's popularity, however thanks to Rollercoaster of Friendship, I actually like how it is portrayed in EQG.

Edited by cmarston1

3 hours ago, cmarston1 said:

Three words.  Applejack's Day Off.  Speaking of which I never really was a fan of the Rarijack dynamic in the show, despite it's popularity, however thanks to Rollercoaster of Friendship, I actually like how it is portrayed in EQG.

I dunno, it had a moral and everything. It didn’t prolong anything. 

• Brohoof 1

53 minutes ago, AlexanderThrond said:

I dunno, it had a moral and everything. It didn’t prolong anything. 

The episode was slower than Tank with lots of moments with absolutely nothing happening. I remember this one being the only episode where I openly said "omg there's still another 3rd left?"

Edited by This Whomps
  • Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, This Whomps said:

The episode was slower than Tank with lots of moments with absolutely nothing happening. I remember this one being the only episode where I openly said "omg there's still another 3rd left?"

I don't like this episode either, but there's no story arc for it to disrupt. 

• Brohoof 1

Season 1 is highly underrated and I ind it to be incredibly enjoyable to this day. I prefer it over 2 and 4, but I understand why people like 2 and 4 more.

I prefer the show when it's self-contained slice-of-life stories rather than the episode-to-episode storylines. Outside of a few like A Canterlot Wedding, I find most of them kind of dull.

Season 3 wasn't really that bad, it just didn't have as solid of a good-to-bad episode track record as 2 but I think that was because of the limited amount of episodes rather than a dip in quality.

I think Dragon Quest is actually pretty good and that a lot of the criticism comes from people looking to deep into the episode to find messages that aren't there. I don't think Garble's gang is supposed to represent "all guys" ad the ponies are "all girls", I just think Garble's gang represented a bunch of punks. No more, no less.

I feel similarly about the film. I thought the film was fun and really don't get why people tried so hard to deconstruct it to find some "political agenda" in it.

I wish people would read the "Extended Universe" material more often. Sure, most of it is pretty bad, but some of it is pretty radical. Guardians of Harmony, The Return of Queen Chrysalis, The Many Tales of Queen Chrysalis, Reflections, A Pinkie Pie Story That Pinkie Kinda Sorta RemembersThe Salty Sea Mare and the Bookworm arc are some of my favorite EU stories. Who doesn't want to see adult Spike thrashing the Changeling army or a Blueblood redemption story or Pinkie Pie becoming a ninja to thwart Queen Rainbow Dash? They can be tons of fun.

Legends of Magic is possibly some of the best MLP material out there with a fun, long-form storyline and great characters. Not to spoil it, but the conclusion is just as epic as its introduction.

I honestly found the first Equestria Girls film to be more enjoyable than the second and third. The second one had better music but I thought the story was weak and it felt more like a toy commercial at times. I know the whole series is about selling toys but I thought it was so, so much more blatant in Rainbow Rocks. I do on the whole enjoy EQG more than FIM though. 

• Brohoof 2

I love every episode of the show... and while I agree that there are flawed episodes... there are no bad episodes.

I think Starlight Glimmer is a villain turned good guy done right... unlike the instant reformation of Sunset Shimmer.

I think Twilight is the most powerful character on the show.

I think it's wonderful that Pinkie finally met someone she couldn't stand.

I think Fluttershy has a lot of pent up anger.

I think the CMCs are like... 17 now.

Scootaloo is my favorite CMC while Sweetie Bell is my least favorite.

I like Celestia much more than Luna.

I think Celestia is more neutral than pure good.

Edited by Kadeda
  • Brohoof 2