Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

DITR

33 minutes ago, Kiryu-Chan said:

At least it's not Dash's last episode, which actively hates and punishes people who like Rainbow Dash

I agree. That episode was a disgrace and a huge slap in the face to everyone who is looking for complete character development of the Mane Six.

What we should of had is one more Wonderbolts episode where Dash achieves one of the greatest feats in her athletic career, whether by winning an extremely tough competition or by displaying one of the best signs of sportsmanship.

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, Kiryu-Chan said:

At least it's not Dash's last episode, which actively hates and punishes people who like Rainbow Dash

2 hours ago, ChB said:

"She Talks to Angels" is an utterly disappointing episode. As a stand-alone episode, it's fine, but as a last tribute to Fluttershy for the rest the series, it fails. 

I could say the same thing about Dragon Dropped when it comes to Rarity. :sunny:

• Brohoof 3

A missed opportunity, a non-pony society 'not the Yaks' that doesn't want to accept pony friendship because of fear that it would lead to the breakdown of their culture. Citing the progressive changes to the Changeling and Dragon cultures after taking in the pony friendship ideas.

• Brohoof 2

Just now, Sparklefan1234 said:

Tirek used to be a menacing, dangerous villain but I feel like Season 9 has nerfed him by making him work with Chrysalis & Cozy Glow.

I agree, though I don't mind it as much. Tirek just generally seemed more serious than them, at least before this season. 

• Brohoof 1

I posted on here years ago but here is my now updated list...

Be warned, however, as a good amount of these are negative.

1. Rainbow Dash is my least favorite out of the main cast. She is too arrogant for my liking.
  2. Flutter Shy’s shyness isn’t cute. It’s an overused trait and it gets annoying with almost everyone thinking she is adorable.
  3. Scootaloo is my least favorite Cutie Mark Crusader. Her obsession with Rainbow Dash is vexing.
  4. Most of the songs produced from the show are not good or are average at best. I have only found myself liking a handful of them.
  5. Princess Luna is overrated. However, I don’t dislike her. I like her a lot!
  6. Flurry Heart isn’t cute. She should have also been punished or at least further chastised for her actions in A Flurry of Emotions. I know that she is just an infant in that episode but she was taken off of the hook too quickly simply because she became afraid of Twilight Sparkle. 
  7. Pinkie Pie’s randomness/craziness is seldomly humorous. 
  8. Fleet Foot is best Wonderbolt.
  9. The fight between Twilight Sparkle and Lord Tirek was awesome and I am bummed out that we didn’t get anymore fight scenes like that. I know that not every premiere/finale needs a huge fight but one more wouldn’t have hurt...
  10. Yona is obnoxious and not charming in the slightest.
  11. Ocellus is forgettable.
  12. Newbie Dash was a satisfying episode for me. I loved seeing Rainbow Dash fail and her realizing (albeit again) that she doesn’t need to show off. I am so glad that the Wonderbolts refuse to take her shit.
  13. The EqG series was a silly idea and the movies are just as silly. I don’t mean that in a endearing way. 
  14. I don’t like the chemistry between Maud Pie and Mudbriar. Maud’s seriousness is enough for me.
  15. We should have been introduced to Spike’s parents or at least one of them.
  16. I don’t care for Lyra Heartstrings x Sweetie Drops or Octavia x DJ Pon-3
  17. DJ Pon-3 should have been given a voice and no, I don’t think Nowacking should have voiced her. (I know Nowacking isn’t really relevant anymore but I know that there are people out there who still think she be her voice actor).
  18. The Magic Inside is an incredible song.
  19. The movie was just okay. I really liked Tempest Shadow, though. She was badass. 
  20. Zecora should have been given a real backstory.
  21. I don’t like Granny Smith.
  22. Philomena should have been given more attention/screen time. Nothing major but at least another look as to how she is doing assuming Princess Celestia still owns her.
  23. Gallus is best student. 
  24. The ceremonial headdress Princess Cadance wore looked terrible. It was too gaudy and just looked like a jumbled mess.
  25. The voice given to King Sombra lacked the intimidation factor I had hoped for. It should have been more low & raspy.
  26. Derpy is overrated. 
  27. Thunderlane is handsome ♥️
  28. I like the reformed changelings designs.
  29. My pony OC would have been an awesome edition to the show ( I am joking. She is a cannibal and hates all ponies )
  30. Dragons, griffins, and changelings are my favorite non-pony races (in that order).
  31. An episode with the main cast seeing the male versions of themselves would have been funny.
  • Brohoof 2

17 hours ago, Bakugou Is My Man ❤ said:

Rainbow Dash is my least favorite out of the main cast. She is too arrogant for my liking.

Scootaloo is my least favorite Cutie Mark Crusader. Her obsession with Rainbow Dash is vexing.

I don’t like the chemistry between Maud Pie and Mudbriar. Maud’s seriousness is enough for me.

Agreed! :proud:

I think Spike's crush on Rarity is a *really* weird creative choice & I have no idea why Lauren Faust thought it was a good idea. :confused:

Edited by Sparklefan1234

On 9/12/2019 at 9:53 PM, Sparklefan1234 said:

"The Last Laugh" has the worst use of a guest star in the entire series.

I have no idea what they were thinking giving a Cheese Sandwich return, two of the most energetic characters in the show, to the most boring writers. In fact I don’t know why the Fox Brothers kept getting all the Pinkie episodes 

• Brohoof 3

5 hours ago, Kiryu-Chan said:

In fact I don’t know why the Fox Brothers kept getting all the Pinkie episodes 

The best joke the Fox Brothers ever used was Pirate Applejack in "Pony Point Of View".

Everypony in the Mane 6 seems to have regressed in season 9 except for Applejack. 

Edited by Sparklefan1234

Here’s a hot take: Giving the writers more creative freedom, especially from S6 onwards actually led to some of the show’s lowest points

• Brohoof 3

I’m not a fan of how non-ponies are portrayed in the show. The interactions between ponies and non-ponies always comes off as "White Man’s Burden".

"Oh, I know! Let’s build a school so we can teach the non-ponies about friendship!".

Also, S9 is one of the worst seasons of the show. 

Edited by VG_Addict
  • Brohoof 1

- pinkie pie is annoying and i don't like her, she is much better when she's just hyperactive than downright ilogical and insane.

- Applejack deserved more love and appreciation

- i understand Cozy Glow and think she deserved tartarus and everything that came after

- there should have been more changelings, i think they were very underused, specially as allies, but i guess we are playing the long game and soon enough we will replace the entire population of equestria

- MOAR PHARYNX. I wanted more of our tough guy's witty attitude and grounded point of view.

- i don't like equestria girls, and i didn't enjoy the movie too much and i hate that both events are forcefully connected to the cannon in some way or another. but at least we got hippogriffs out of it.

- no matter how much development she got, i still think that Flurry Heart is an abomination that shouldn't have been in the first place

- Spike deserves more love, it got better later though

- Chancellor Nay Say was a good character but he was underexplained, or rather not explained and that's why it came out as unreasonable and plain xenophobic.

- Celestia is kind of terrible and i fell like she was utilizing twilight more than mentoring her for something we don't even know if she wanted to be part of.

- I loved the changes they did to Sombra. I hated him before and now he's my favorite villain at par with tirek.

Edited by Ittoni

On 9/1/2019 at 11:19 PM, AlexanderThrond said:

Sunset Shimmer is still an underdeveloped character compared to the protagonists of Friendship is Magic, and is held back by the writers’ hesitance to make her look bad.

This. So much this. You know Starlight’s outburst to Trixie in A Horseshoe-In? That’s what Sunset should have done to Rainbow Dash in Spring Breakdown. A full blown reaming with some uncalled for personal insults thrown in. Instead we got an even handed critique, and instead of “I’m coming because I messed up and drove Rainbow away,” we got “I’m coming because I’m responsible for magic in this world, even though I don’t believe magic is behind what’s going on, but it’s something everyone forgave me for years ago so it won’t harm my popularity.”

Sunset had a lot of potential after Rainbow Rocks and Friendship Games, but ever since that potential has been squandered in the name of keeping her popularity intact.

• Brohoof 1

33 minutes ago, ShootingStar159 said:

Sunset had a lot of potential after Rainbow Rocks and Friendship Games, but ever since that potential has been squandered in the name of keeping her popularity intact.

What the heck - let's dive in backwards. 

And I'll start with a partial seconding - the Sunset we have is pretty good, but not letting her get mad about things is a waste.

3 hours ago, Anti-Villain said:

The Student 6 are some of my favorite characters.

Now here's an even bigger case of wasted potential - especially Ocellus.

3 hours ago, Ittoni said:

- pinkie pie is annoying and i don't like her, she is much better when she's just hyperactive than downright ilogical and insane.

What Pinkie is doing always makes sense... to Pinkie.

- Applejack deserved more love and appreciation

Hmm... any ideas for possible stories with her?

- i understand Cozy Glow and think she deserved tartarus and everything that came after

I'd be interested in hearing that understanding - perhaps in the spoiler forum.

- i don't like equestria girls, and i didn't enjoy the movie too much and i hate that both events are forcefully connected to the cannon in some way or another. but at least we got hippogriffs out of it.

I'd love to forget both the movie and hippogriffs, but sadly Silverstream is too cute. Equestria Girls is much better (at least before it devolved into endless shorts).

- no matter how much development she got, i still think that Flurry Heart is an abomination that shouldn't have been in the first place

I don't know if this opinion is actually unpopular, but it should be.

- Chancellor Nay Say was a good character but he was underexplained, or rather not explained and that's why it came out as unreasonable and plain xenophobic.

His role should probably have been split between multiple characters.

- Celestia is kind of terrible and i fell like she was utilizing twilight more than mentoring her for something we don't even know if she wanted to be part of.

There are certainly times when she's written quite questionably. I try to overlook those though and believe that she has both Twilight and Equestria's best interests at heart.

- I loved the changes they did to Sombra. I hated him before and now he's my favorite villain at par with tirek.

I thought he was too flat at first, but then he grew on me - not sure if I like his new attitude or not.

18 minutes ago, Latecomer said:

Now here's an even bigger case of wasted potential - especially Ocellus.

absolutely 

19 minutes ago, Latecomer said:

Hmm... any ideas for possible stories with her?

not stories but more like what they did to her character in some episodes like the awful applejack's day off. i guess some others had it worse like rainbow or even rarity with ignoring her "generous" trait to become the usual pretty and selfish girl stereotype in some cases. 

21 minutes ago, Latecomer said:

I'd be interested in hearing that understanding - perhaps in the spoiler forum.

i've already written my explanation about it but we can discuss it further if you want

22 minutes ago, Latecomer said:

I thought he was too flat at first, but then he grew on me - not sure if I like his new attitude or not.

new attitude? he didn't had one before, he was just umm.. evil??? just so happens that there was too little of him and too much potential that ppl started to project a personality on his empty carcass of a character that when we got an actual character it didn't add up with the fandom's

4 minutes ago, Ittoni said:

absolutely 

not stories but more like what they did to her character in some episodes like the awful applejack's day off.

new attitude? he didn't had one before, he was just umm.. evil??? just so happens that there was too little of him and too much potential that ppl started to project a personality on his empty carcass of a character that when we got an actual character it didn't add up with the fandom's

So sometimes no eps is better than bad eps? Well, I suppose that's why I'm glad the show's ending.

And exactly that with Sombra - since there was so little of him, there was nothing to really detract from his potential seriousness. Now, we have that voice and some stereotypical villaning. But hey, even Hitler had that weird moustache, right?

1 hour ago, ShootingStar159 said:

This. So much this. You know Starlight’s outburst to Trixie in A Horseshoe-In? That’s what Sunset should have done to Rainbow Dash in Spring Breakdown. A full blown reaming with some uncalled for personal insults thrown in. Instead we got an even handed critique, and instead of “I’m coming because I messed up and drove Rainbow away,” we got “I’m coming because I’m responsible for magic in this world, even though I don’t believe magic is behind what’s going on, but it’s something everyone forgave me for years ago so it won’t harm my popularity.

They briefly seemed to be establishing Sunset's temper as one of her core traits, especially with her role in "Rollercoaster of Friendship," but it honestly seems like they've backpedalled a bit this season. I'm genuinely not sure why that is. 

• Brohoof 1

4 minutes ago, Latecomer said:

Now, we have that voice and some stereotypical villaning. But hey, even Hitler had that weird moustache, right?

you just don't want to admit he's the Trixie of villains :please: