Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

DITR

The main reason I couldn't fully get into the movie is because it decided to not involve a lot of the show's more recent developments.

I understand that it's objectively better not to overwhelm new fans with a bunch of characters and developments that happened over the span of 7 seasons, but I actually like Starlight, and the Changedlings, and the Dragons, and the Pillars, and Flurry, and Discord and all of that. So I kinda wanted to see them get some proper representation in an MLP movie.

• Brohoof 1

Unfortunately, the movie took several years to write and was full of it's own stuff. It ended up being kind of thematically out of date too...

Regarding Starlight, I wondered if she should maybe have had Derpy's role. 

6 hours ago, Ittoni said:

- I loved the changes they did to Sombra. I hated him before and now he's my favorite villain at par with tirek.

Sadly, it's the opposite for me.

The changes flew in the face of everything I'd loved about him.

On 9/13/2019 at 7:04 AM, Bakugou Is My Man ❤ said:

I posted on here years ago but here is my now updated list...

Be warned, however, as a good amount of these are negative.

1. Rainbow Dash is my least favorite out of the main cast. She is too arrogant for my liking.

Hmm... I seem to find I like her less, but I don't think that's why - I mean, I like Trixe. Maybe sports just aren't my thing.

Flutter Shy’s shyness isn’t cute. It’s an overused trait and it gets annoying with almost everyone thinking she is adorable.

One man's cute is another man's grating. But her being adorable is just a fact.

Scootaloo is my least favorite Cutie Mark Crusader. Her obsession with Rainbow Dash is vexing.

Well if you don't like the one, it's no surprise if you don't like the other - I just struggle to differentiate her and Apple Bloom.

Flurry Heart isn’t cute. She should have also been punished or at least further chastised for her actions in A Flurry of Emotions. I know that she is just an infant in that episode but she was taken off of the hook too quickly simply because she became afraid of Twilight Sparkle. 

Why do so many people seem to dislike her?

Fleet Foot is best Wonderbolt.

Any particular reason why?

The fight between Twilight Sparkle and Lord Tirek was awesome and I am bummed out that we didn’t get anymore fight scenes like that. I know that not every premiere/finale needs a huge fight but one more wouldn’t have hurt...

It was certainly intense, but I would have saved some of the action for the debut of Rainbow Power, which was overshadowed by this slightly overdone battle.

Yona is obnoxious and not charming in the slightest.

OK, I'm ignoring a lot of these because entertainment is subjective... but this is just mean.

Ocellus is forgettable.

Hey, it's not her fault that she didn't get a focus episode.

Newbie Dash was a satisfying episode for me. I loved seeing Rainbow Dash fail and her realizing (albeit again) that she doesn’t need to show off. I am so glad that the Wonderbolts refuse to take her shit.

I think you're seeing this a bit one-sidedly due to your dislike for RD. The Wonderbolts also made mistakes here.

The EqG series was a silly idea and the movies are just as silly. I don’t mean that in a endearing way. 

Well, you don't have to watch them if you don't want to.

I don’t like the chemistry between Maud Pie and Mudbriar. Maud’s seriousness is enough for me.

Those two are very hard to read.

We should have been introduced to Spike’s parents or at least one of them.

Why - what would be the point of it?

I don’t care for Lyra Heartstrings x Sweetie Drops or Octavia x DJ Pon-3

The latter is obvious enough, but what's wrong with the former?

DJ Pon-3 should have been given a voice 

Why?

The movie was just okay. I really liked Tempest Shadow, though. She was badass. 

She was - but I'd still rather forget the whole thing.

Zecora should have been given a real backstory.

That would have been nice, yeah. (Unless it "Griffonstoned" the zebras.)

I don’t like Granny Smith.

Any reason, or just not into old people?

Philomena should have been given more attention/screen time. Nothing major but at least another look as to how she is doing assuming Princess Celestia still owns her.

Agreed. (Pets in general seemed to lose importance over time.)

Gallus is best student. 

That's why he's the leader (I think).

I like the reformed changelings designs.

You and me both. (I also love Rainbow Power.)

An episode with the main cast seeing the male versions of themselves would have been funny.

Could well be - but it would have to be quite carefully written.

16 minutes ago, Anti-Villain said:

This guy already summed it up best:

An interesting take, with several similarities to my own views. I'm especially intrigued by the idea of Tirek or some other character being the one to leave - but then, would including Sombra in the Trio not further damage his image?

8 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Daring Do is basically a glorified thief. 

7 minutes ago, AlexanderThrond said:

It's canon! 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

The episode is still a load of bullshit
"She was the bad guy the whole time!" Fuck off. We already dealt with something similar in Daring Done, and I get not everyone likes it(even I had a lot of issues with it) but the angle of Daring dealing with her collateral damage and feeling like the bad guy was already done, and done much better, and this episode pretty much torpedoes the entire Daring Do plotline all so Fluttershy could be right about everything for the millionth time

• Brohoof 2

13 minutes ago, Kiryu-Chan said:
Spoiler

The episode is still a load of bullshit
 "She was the bad guy the whole time!" Fuck off. We already dealt with something similar in Daring Done, and I get not everyone likes it(even I had a lot of issues with it) but the angle of Daring dealing with her collateral damage and feeling like the bad guy was already done, and done much better, and this episode pretty much torpedoes the entire Daring Do plotline all so Fluttershy could be right about everything for the millionth time

Spoiler

I mean, I didn't like "Daring Done" for a lot of reasons, and one of the big ones is how much emphasis it places on Pinkie and Rainbow clearing her name. That one didn't feel sincere to me. I always thought it was weird that Ahuizotl was so villainous when he was just defending the treasures of his civilization, so it made sense to me that Daring would apologize. And besides, it doesn't say she's the bad guy, she just comes to realize that protecting ancient treasures doesn't need to mean taking them out of the ruins she found them in, at least when Ahuizotl is right there. None of this means she was wrong to keep them from Caballeron, or that she was wrong to take them from places without an Ahuizotl. 

Ooooohhhhh, I'm glad I reserved these two for when more people started bringing up King Sombra. :kirin:

-I like King Sombra's characterization in both the show and the comics. 

-I like Discord and Sombra. 

And yes, I say that knowing all about the end plot twists. Change my mind. :fluttershy:

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, R.D.Dash said:

I don't care about Ahuizotl/ Garble redemptions. :-P

Neither do I. :sneer:

Lightning Dust should have been redeemed. 

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 2

• 3 months later...

1. I don't like how Mane Six tries to expand friendship everywhere. Let each one live as they wishes.

2. I don't like the elements of harmony, it's as if define what each one can be. I mean, Applejack, the most honest pony in the kingdom? Come on, she is much more than her honesty. 

3. About The Last Problem: Why would the most important lesson of a magic school be friendship? If any of her students wanted to learn friendship in a school, they should go to Starlight's school. It's like attending a science school and learning about religion. I would have preferred that episode to be a Twilight lesson learning that friendship is not the most important thing. Luster wanted to study magic, that's why she attended her school! Not for some silly friendship classes.

• Brohoof 1

• 8 months later...

I don't really like the non-pony characters in the show. They are just boring and uninteresting to me, and I don't like it when an episode revolves around them. To me, ponies have much better designs and lore, and they tend to have more interesting characters. Most people I see love the non-pony creatures, and I simply just don't.

Another one, which sorta relates back to the top one, is that I don't really like all the over-expanding outside of Equestria. I prefer it when the show builds lore around a place inside Equestria. There's so much potential in Equestria, yet the show mostly focused on outside of it toward the end.

Another is that I am not a fan of the young six. I find their characters boring and uninspired. Plus, they took valuable time away from the mane six!

I probably have more, but these are just three I thought of off the top of my head.

• Brohoof 2

On 9/12/2019 at 11:04 PM, Bakugou is my Man said:

I don’t like Granny Smith.

I don't like Goldie Delicious. 

The movie was just okay. I really liked Tempest Shadow, though.

I agree. Tempest Shadow was my favorite character in the My Little Pony Movie. 

Philomena should have been given more attention/screen time. Nothing major but at least another look as to how she is doing assuming Princess Celestia still owns her.

I wish Winona had been given more attention/screen time. 

Derpy is overrated

I kinda agree. I thought her conversation with Rarity in "Best Gift Ever" was hilarious.