Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

DITR

I really got sick of the high pedestal fans put background characters and one-note side characters like Maud Pie, to the point that it was really seeping into the show

• Brohoof 3

I hate Flurry Heart's existence (even more than Cadence) and I really would have liked to see more of the student six, they were a very nice and fresh inclusion to the show. Also I love all the mlp races (except breezies)

Edited by Ittoni

46 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I think that the Student Six outlived their usefulness after their debut episodes. I hold the same opinion for Discord and sadly Maud Pie. 

Their stories concluded with S8 and bringing back immediately in S9 just wound up wasting a ton of time and episodes, especially in a season where the writers admitted they couldn't wrap up all loose ends and especially since episodes featuring them and the school was among the weakest in the season. They were only brought back because the writers were too obsessed with them

• Brohoof 4

Alright, I have a few more.

I wasn't the biggest fan of "The Last Problem". Don't get me wrong, it was okay and it did give me the feels, but there were so many weird things that stuck out to me with that episode. I could hardly recognize Equestria anymore due to how strange and different it felt. Plus, the mane six's lives were weird and hardly explained (maybe for the better since now I can make my own head-canons for their future). And there were little details, like the implied AppleDash, that I didn't like. 

Shipping the Mane six together. If the fandom wants to ship the mane six together for fun, I'm okay with it. What I don't I didn't like is how the show implied it towards the end with Appledash. The whole point of the show is that the mane six are friends. If you start throwing romance with each other into the mix, it starts to not make any sense. It's basically saying that members of the main six liked certain members more than others. Plus, shipping the mane six together in the future makes their interactions throughout the show seem weird. I just don't acknowledge that they were together since it was never directly stated, just implied.

I think the Equestria girls franchise is terrible.

I don't like Alicorns.

I think CosyGlow should've been reformed.

• Brohoof 2

Discord's reformation was a bad move. Initially he appeared as a god-like entity who didn't care about anyone and wasn't even a true villain, just a bored god. And after he was reformed he just became another background character who's purpose is to generate gags. I know that the whole point is reforming villains and showing that friendship is good, but they didn't reform Chrysalis, Tirek and Cozy, why don't maintain Discord as an original villain too?

23 minutes ago, Landi72 said:

It's basically saying that members of the main six liked certain members more than others

Isn't it how the real friendship works?

• Brohoof 2

59 minutes ago, Vefka said:

Isn't it how the real friendship works?

Well yeah, a lot of times that is how friendship in real life works. I just think that the mane six should be the exception to this since they are the embodiments of true friendship.

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, Vefka said:

Discord's reformation was a bad move

Agreed, putting such an OP character on the good side is usually a bad idea, it just creates a lot of plot related complications, I think they did a pretty good job on balancing it but I really would have preferred if he stayed in stone. They had to come with ideas why he did not help the main 6, which made be viewed as not worth of reformation for many fans. They nerfed him at times and only season 9 really handled him well, and even then they needed to get many fans angry to achieve that, a character like him creates a lose-lose situation(I really hope they avoid it in G5). 

I liked the S9 finale twist, I thought it was really well done. (not sure if its actually unpopular)

Also, it annoys me a bit that many spells that are actually useful were used only once in the show just for the plot, or how sometimes characters forget they can teleport(mostly twilight). 

9 minutes ago, Landi72 said:

Well yeah, a lot of times that is how friendship in real life works. I just think that the mane six should be the exception to this since they are the embodiments of true friendship.

The appledash thing was only implied and honestly the implications were not that strong you can easily ignore it. Also, I doubt they care for each other the exact same way, and there is nothing wrong with that(but of course everything is possible, its a show after all). 

• Brohoof 3

1 hour ago, Rushing cash said:

The appledash thing was only implied and honestly the implications were not that strong you can easily ignore it.

Yeah, I usually try to ignore it. I am glad that it was just implied and not stated, because then it would be harder to ignore. In my head-canon, Rainbow Dash ended up with Sorin XD.

• Brohoof 1

4 minutes ago, Landi72 said:

Yeah, I usually try to ignore it. I am glad that it was just implied and not stated, because then it would be harder to ignore. In my head-canon, Rainbow Dash ended up with Sorin XD.

XD for me its impossible to ignore since I shipped them from the moment I saw the first few episodes  :kirin:(I also freaking loved that lyrabon was confirmed)

• Brohoof 1

I wish Starlight became a re-occuring villain. I also wish that Sunset was never reformed, but for discord I wanted him to just be on good terms with the mane 6 but not reformed or a part of them like he basically is. 

• Brohoof 4

2 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Princess Celestia barely had a character which made it difficult for me to connect with her like I did with Princess Luna. 

Total opposite for me, writers were riding Luna so hard due to her massive popularity that it was just turning me off especially when they were actively neglecting Celestia out of bias(seriously there was even an episode where Twilight needed help from the other princesses and Celestia was straight up left out). I still can't believe it took them seven seasons to finally give her some spotlight

• Brohoof 1

On 9/24/2019 at 2:40 PM, RDDash said:

I don't care about Ahuizotl/ Garble redemptions. :-P

I'd have been fine with Ahuizotl being redeemed if it actually was a redemption and not a mind-numbingly stupid retcon. His previous behavior severely undermines the "Daring Do is a thief" thing they were going for. The artifacts she was after weren't just ancient shiny things, but powerful and potentially dangerous magical devices - as long as Ahuizotl was behaving like a garden-variety cartoon villain, Daring Do was fully justified in getting them as far away from him as possible.

Which is a shame, because otherwise what they were going for (bringing light to the issue of historical artifacts being snatched from the cultures to which they rightfully belong and shown off in museums on the other side of the planet) would have been perfectly respectable.

58 minutes ago, Splashee® said:

I think the dragons are weird, just the way they are dealt with in the show

Yes! Instead of being epic viscous monsters of the sky, they were pretty much just immature brats who were full of themselves. In season one, they were much more interesting. Ever since "Dragon Quest," they've been ruined for me. Plus, those designs are just weird.