instruments  

54 users have voted

1. 1. what instrument do you play?

• Bass guitar
    • Guitar
    • Drums
    • My voice
    • etc.

On guitar, the first song I ever learned how to play was "Smells Like Teen Spirit" by Nirvana. The entire song is actually really easy except for maybe the solo, which might take some practice for beginners. Still a rocking song though.

I also got an accordion, so of course, being apart of this fandom, I had to learn the Parasprite Polka! I can only play it slowly at the moment, but it is amazingly fun to play.

• Brohoof 1

The first song I learned on Piano was The Loin King 2's We Are One, but shortly after we got the piano my mother moved to the cape and took the Piano with her :(

I miss that piano so much.........

I started learning piano exclusively to be able to play the Song of Healing, from The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask OST.

That was the only instrument I've ever showed interest in (I bought a keyboard later on), but I never practiced it seriously enough... The Song of Healing is probably the only song I learned, and I stopped playing after that. :3

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Jee-zuz. I really need to learn an instrument. When I was younger I was forced to learn a recorder. I used to know how to do some simple stuff on that. I feel stupid now. :x

Edited by Nagisa Misumi

On the acoustic guitar, the first song I ever learned was "Stand by Me", by Ben E. King.

To pass this minimum characters barrier, the first song which I largely taught myself was "A Pittance of Time", by Terry Kelly.

(edited)

First song I played was on the piano, it was probably something extremely basic using middle C, D and E.

As for the first song I learned (as in self taught by ear), that would be the theme to tetris on my clarinet. To be specific as to what theme, it's the popular song korobeiniki, not the type B music although I would absolutely love to figure that song out.

Later on, I taught myself how to play bad apple. This was my favourite song that I wrote out by ear and I was really proud of figuring the notes out. I enjoyed it because it was a lot of fun to play and I still like it despite moving on to more complicated stuff.

Edited by Celtore

The first one in it's entirety was probably 'Take It Easy' by The Eagles. That's not including the obligatory 'Smoke On The Water' riff that everyone who learns guitar to any degree must play by law.

The first and only real song I know how to play on any instrument is "Dango Daikazoku" on the piano. 

I cannot read sheet music, nor can I play by ear. I forced myself to watch multiple videos of those "tutorials" online until I came up with my own arrangement, and mastered it. It took me many months. I haven't played the song in over a year, though, so I might even forget it, by now. I don't know any other songs. 

I play bass guitar (4 String), and the very first song I learned to play was Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana. Soon after I learned to play Sunshine of your Love by Cream, and 46 and 2 by Tool.

keeping it classy the first song i learned to play on my saxophone was come fly with me by frank sinatra

dream on by aerosmith for drums honestly suprised how few drummers are here 

The first instrument i learned to play was actually the keyboard (i was just combining random keys since i never learned them) the first song i actually played was "What shall we do with the drunken sailor?".

The song i learned and perfected was on the guitar and it was called "way to fall" by star sailor.

The first instrument i learned to play was actually the keyboard (i was just combining random keys since i never learned them) the first song i actually played was "What shall we do with the drunken sailor?".

The song i learned and perfected was on the guitar and it was called "way to fall" by star sailor.

If your talking about the Dishonored theme song, it's called "Drunken Whaler" It would have made more since to name it that. Whatever I learned it on that bass guitar I just converted the chords to bass.

The first song I learned on my harmonica would be Amazing Grace. My trombone, which I no longer own, would be What Makes You Beautiful by One Direction. Believe me, not my choice. Urgh... And my first on the keyboard would be Do a Deer. I can't remember the actual name for that song. Oh well.

(edited)

Besides little nursery rhymes I played on the piano back when I was a toddler, I think the first time I really picked up an instrument and played a song on it was in 4th grade and the song was "That's Not My Name" on the bass guitar. To be honest I never even liked the song, but there was a local studio playing it in the UF homecoming parade and I got an offer to play bass on their float if I learned it, so I did. There were lots of technical issues and the acoustics were horrible so in retrospect it kind of sucked, but it was still really fun for me since I was so young, and it also gave me a boost for all the music I do today.

If your talking about the Dishonored theme song, it's called "Drunken Whaler" It would have made more since to name it that. Whatever I learned it on that bass guitar I just converted the chords to bass.
It was "Drunken Sailor" long before Dishonored ever got a hold it, it's like an 18th century Irish or British folktune.

If you are looking for a bass part I would suggest the "Irish Rovers" version.

Edited by TheSteampunkNinja (TSN)
  • Brohoof 2

If your talking about the Dishonored theme song, it's called "Drunken Whaler" It would have made more since to name it that. Whatever I learned it on that bass guitar I just converted the chords to bass.

I was referring to the children's song which we used to sing at primary school it's the exact same song but sailor and not whaler, search it up :P

• Brohoof 1

I started off with an acoustic guitar, and the first song I learnt on it was Crazy Train by Ozzy Osbourne. I can't say it took long to get the hang of considering the initial riff was power chords and later on was just some simple chords. It isn't my favourite song though, and not really one of my preferences to play either.

My favourite song to play would be Drive by Incubus.

Hello!

The first song I properly learned on guitar, was For whom the bell tolls by Metallica, but I guess I should count some of the 12 bar blues songs aswell. It was a pain for me to learn my first whole song, haha! :)