Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming The Official League of Legends Thread

Vicke

So, does Berserker's Greaves, BT, Shiv, Last Whisper, Zephyr, IE sound like a good Vayne build? (Sounds like a standard Diamond build to me, without BotRK because it's just a little overrated, and with Zephyr...)

Eh. BotRK has always been standard on Vayne due to its gold efficiency. You could try BotRK into shiv, Zephyr/IE, LW, BT, and then maybe a GA or Mercurial Scimitar. There is a core item on each champion and Vayne needs her BotRK.

Sivir's pretty OP I got to admit.

I'd hardly say she's OP. She's definitely not a hyper-carry with her low range and inability to quickly take down massive tanks. Lucian (BotRK proc rate/caster ADC/TriForce/Mobility) is better than her in doing that, even though he also is only 500 range. Corki has a bit greater range, mixed damage (physical/ap/true) and shreds the armor with E, while also having a bit of mobility by himself.

Sivir's more of a support ADC. The reason she's picked is precisely because of her ult, if you're building a team comp that wants a heavy and definite engage or is good at catching people offguard.

I mean, what good will late game farming do you if you've lost teamfights and are so heavy behind that you're unable to catch up anymore :)?

1# I'm actually thinking about replacing my Phantom Dancer with Statikk Shiv.

2# So, does Berserker's Greaves, BT, Shiv, Last Whisper, Zephyr, IE sound like a good Vayne build? (Sounds like a standard Diamond build to me, without BotRK because it's just a little overrated, and with Zephyr...)

1# Not worth it. It will not influence your farming speed all that much since the magic damage provided will basically counterbalance the loss of crit/attack speed from PD. Plus, it'll be a rather terrible choice for the build (unless you HAVE to do it since your team lacks a tiny bit of magic dmg and enemies can just spam armor all day).

2# PD is much better choice for Vayne for a reason. Shiv is a wonderful on poke/trade champions who do not have to commit to their engages and have some form of disengage available for them (sure, you can tumble away, but that's rather a very, very weak form of disengage, and you for sure don't want to pop your ult just to run away). Vayne is designed to be an all-in carry with high mobilty (thus the BotRK to emphasize on this fact) and constant dps rather than burst one designed for trades, but because of that it also makes her more dependant on other teammates peeling for her if need be.

As for Zephyr, with current build you've proposed it won't give you much. Since you're resigning from BotRK there, the attack speed bonus will really matter only every 3rd hit on the enemy, while you lose much more damage you could have gained using different items. If you look at Diamonds builds, you can go take a step further and look at LCS players' ones already. During the last, entire week nobody build Zephyr once there :) Keep in mind that some build guides are destined to be "experimental". With Zephyr, of course, comes the tenacity bonus. But... how much tenacity will give you if you're really short ranged/all-in ADC who has 0mres/0armor/0hp build on himself? I guess you can imagine the blood stain that will be left of you in the process of teamfight if someone decides to focus you :P Mercurial is a much better option here. It gives you a decent amount of dmg, some nice magic resist (yay, APC can't blow you away that easily anymore) and that CRUCIAL removal of status effects like Slow/Stun/Charm/etc.

And lastly, BotRK. I will admit, I'm not a giant fan of this item, but for Vayne and probably Lucian this one is a core. If something is built a lot by many people in every ladder stage, it doesn't mean it's overrated. It means it does its job. You wanted to shred tanks? That's your go-to item. %health damage per hit + W's passive will make quick work of them. +BotRK active to kite around and provide slight heal, some attack speed to compliment your W passive and some lifesteal. BotRK synergy with Vayne's abilities is just too good to let this one item go.

As for the final build...

I'd say Zerk Graves+BotRK+PD+LW+Mercurial/TriForce+IE/BT

...and build order:

Zerk Graves are a matter of WHEN you want that additional mobility to kick in.

I guess you CAN rush BotRK at Vayne, since she doesn't seem to suffer all that much from it like other ADCs (that % dmg/hit is not that powerful early when people have no health yet...).

Maybe...

Derpran>boots/cutlass>cutlass/boots>BotRK>... and that's where build stops and becomes situational.

You have that attack speed/lifesteal bonus already. So...

Are you being overly focused? Go for QSS (but don't build Mercurial straight away or your damage will suffer too much. After QSS ask yourself the same questions without the one if you're being focused and proceed.)

You have free hand in dealing damage but aren't really ahead? PD.

You're ahead and can afford that extra oomph? IE.

Enemy's building armor early? LW.

I've also implemented TriForce in there since Vayne has some nice synergy with it late game once your tumble is maxed out. Still, it's a bit risky item that will give you those tons of damage but at the cost of survivability.

There's also BT there which can be exchanged for IE. Vayne has high enough damage as it is with her %true and %BotRK. You can trade it for even more survivability with BT heal+shield.

Eh. BotRK has always been standard on Vayne due to its gold efficiency. You could try BotRK into shiv, Zephyr/IE, LW, BT, and then maybe a GA or Mercurial Scimitar. There is a core item on each champion and Vayne needs her BotRK.

I have hardly ever built it, and I've had some great games... Including what could have been a 1v5 penta. She doesn't need it that bad, it's just a thing a lot of people build. I would understand why because it has a little of everything and the passive-W combo is really nice. But I've always had better games replacing it's LS with BT's and it's Attack Speed and AD with Zephyr. I also found she snowballs better with AD than attack speed too and she kind of needs movement to execute her chases better. Just a thought. Also, the win rate of BotRK is surprisingly low for being an essential item to most Vayne players.

Why are there so many bad supports? Sheesh. (Teamwork not found).

This one support would never help me in lane at all. That support CLAIMED "Vayne was bitching." No I wasn't. I was being honest that that support shouldn't play support. I could play support miles better. Heck, support is really the EASIEST role to get the hang of. I figured it out in about 5 minutes. I have played hours of jung and I can't really get it. But 5 minutes of support, I was doing better than 80% of the supports I see in the game. Pretty pathetic, eh?

WHY IS IT ALWAYS WHEN I PLAY MY MAIN (VAYNE)? -.-

I might start playing support, just because 4 out of 5 of them are utter crud. I've got Veigar and Ashe to use I guess. I'm too used to carrying. But I can Veigar support fairly well. Carrying later though. Still the element of teamwork in it all *cough cough* Uninstall LoL bad support *cough cough*.

Edited by TwillyFSniper

Why are there so many bad supports? Sheesh. (Teamwork not found).

This one support would never help me in lane at all. That support CLAIMED "Vayne was bitching." No I wasn't. I was being honest that that support shouldn't play support. I could play support miles better. Heck, support is really the EASIEST role to get the hang of. I figured it out in about 5 minutes. I have played hours of jung and I can't really get it. But 5 minutes of support, I was doing better than 80% of the supports I see in the game. Pretty pathetic, eh?

WHY IS IT ALWAYS WHEN I PLAY MY MAIN (VAYNE)? -.-

I might start playing support, just because 4 out of 5 of them are utter crud. I've got Veigar and Ashe to use I guess. I'm too used to carrying. But I can Veigar support fairly well. Carrying later though. Still the element of teamwork in it all *cough cough* Uninstall LoL bad support *cough cough*.

Supporting is not easy. No role in League is easier than the other because there is always someone on the enemy team trying to do better than you. Supports have to: ward, zone, heal, watch the map 24/7, be a meat shield, CC, and peel for 2 and sometimes 3 team members and there is always someone on the enemy team doing the same. If any role has it easy its ADC, all they have to do is farm and not get caught.

• Brohoof 1

Well, I think I found the best possible build for jungle Cho'Gath. Ranger's (Devourer), Lich Bane, Berserker's, Rabadon's, Nashor's and Zhonya's. It works. Very well. At level 15, before you even get Nashor's he does approximately 220 bonus magic damage on each basic (that's building his E, with about 20 stacks on Devourer. I know it sounds like a terrible idea, but it is an awesome way to play him.

EDIT: Proof - http://matchhistory.oce.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/OC1/84014350/200368861?tab=overview

Edited by Malafax

Not getting caught is much harder than it seems, particularly with a not so good support.

#ClassicADC

Getting caught has 0 to do with how good your support is. :V

That's literally just blaming them for your own faults at that point, which, doesn't help your case at all.

Early in the game, that's the only possible way you can get caught without being absolutely ignorant.

But later, it is different. Sometimes it's the tank, sometimes you trip up... Sometimes it's a horridly pulled fight, or a horribly executed dragon kill attempt... Things happen then.

But yes, it is way harder than it seems to not get caught.

#ClassicADC is such a harsh stereotype...

I think I'm going to completely stop playing LoL now... Teams are always bad, never can pull off an invade without screwing things up...

You don't quit LoL for trivial reasons like that. Even if you did it's not a good reason to quit, because odds are you made just many mistakes as everyone else on your team. Part of improving your play is accepting that you made mistakes. I played a game of Varus and my support DC'd at the start. I was getting tower-dove bot toward the end, but I didn't blame my support for it (mostly because he wasn't there to actually do anything). I got killed bot because I didn't ward tri-bush and I payed for it.

Honestly I think we could have won if I had done better that game, but its in the past. My point is do your best to now blame your teammates (I know how hard that is sometimes trust me). The more you accept that whatever happened was your fault jsut as much as theirs the more likely you won't make that mistake again. Gl in future games.

Decided to try out full damage mumu. Just.. ya gotta see how it went.

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/1776901147/206854253?tab=overview

That ain't full damage... I'd replace Cinderhulk with Magus and Warmog's for Luden's. Only then would it truly be full damage. Personally though, I prefer AP support Amumu, especially with a Kalista. I do it every now and then with my friend. The wombo combo is insane.

That ain't full damage... I'd replace Cinderhulk with Magus and Warmog's for Luden's. Only then would it truly be full damage. Personally though, I prefer AP support Amumu, especially with a Kalista. I do it every now and then with my friend. The wombo combo is insane.

Well, at first I was gonna do tank. I got all the kills on the team, and you can see the rest.

Well, at first I was gonna do tank. I got all the kills on the team, and you can see the rest.

Why do people even play Amumu tank? Seriously, that's like playing Katarina tank... I always go full damage, except when I play Leona or Braum. I even play Cho'Gath full damage (just look at the post above my last one).

Why do people even play Amumu tank? Seriously, that's like playing Katarina tank... I always go full damage, except when I play Leona or Braum. I even play Cho'Gath full damage (just look at the post above my last one).

Uh.

Because Amumu tank is the way to go?

His kit even encourages you to go tank. Your w does max health damage, your e literaly reduces basic attacks. Like, why not.

Edited by Finesthour

You don't quit LoL for trivial reasons like that. Even if you did it's not a good reason to quit, because odds are you made just many mistakes as everyone else on your team. Part of improving your play is accepting that you made mistakes. I played a game of Varus and my support DC'd at the start. I was getting tower-dove bot toward the end, but I didn't blame my support for it (mostly because he wasn't there to actually do anything). I got killed bot because I didn't ward tri-bush and I payed for it.

Honestly I think we could have won if I had done better that game, but its in the past. My point is do your best to now blame your teammates (I know how hard that is sometimes trust me). The more you accept that whatever happened was your fault jsut as much as theirs the more likely you won't make that mistake again. Gl in future games.

What if... It wasn't and I could prove it? The problem is the community is so horrible, and it only gets worse. Hiding behind excuses, making Surrender-at-20 level mistakes. This happens in more than HALF of the games I play. Sad thing, I usually do well. LoL community just lost one of it's best Bronze IV players (new ranked is just a nightmare). Even more pathetic than DotA. Just saying, the community is a horrible one, and I can't stand it in a game like LoL particularly because it's mostly teamwork. I'd say a good 75% or so, working as a team. Sure I made mistakes, but 99% of the time, nothing inexcusable as one that loses the game by 3 minutes in.

What if... It wasn't and I could prove it? The problem is the community is so horrible, and it only gets worse. Hiding behind excuses, making Surrender-at-20 level mistakes. This happens in more than HALF of the games I play. Sad thing, I usually do well. LoL community just lost one of it's best Bronze IV players (new ranked is just a nightmare). Even more pathetic than DotA. Just saying, the community is a horrible one, and I can't stand it in a game like LoL particularly because it's mostly teamwork. I'd say a good 75% or so, working as a team. Sure I made mistakes, but 99% of the time, nothing inexcusable as one that loses the game by 3 minutes in.

I seriously doubt that your team could lose it for you at 3 minutes in. I've played a great number of games where my team or the enemy team make a comeback and demolish. And yeah the community has a lot of toxic players, but that's just to be expected from an online game. That's why I like the brony community so much; it just balances out all the negative crap I get from LoL. If I have a bad game (and trust me I've had some terrible ones, just look at my match history) I just get on EQD or here and read an article or post. The ranked system isn't all that broken... In fact the only problem with it now is the challenger tier, because very few people actually play once they reach the top. All I'm trying to say is that you shouldn't let a few bad players get in the way of you enjoying the game, because more than likely there will be a bad player on the enemy team.

Also go ahead and add me if you want, my IGN is the same on here.

Edited by Dark Rider

Because he offers substantial engage possibilities and can perfectly lock down enemy team if used correctly, unlike Katarina...

If, heavens protect the enemy, you actually somehow manage to land your toss on one of the enemy carries, he's as good as dead already.

Plus, as mentioned, since your W does %dmg/second, it's imperative that you stay alive for as long as possible. AP mumu can get blown away in a matter of seconds if CCed before he ults and focused down by a burst team composition.

Teamwork in Bronze? Forget it. You can HOPE it will happen, and if it does you'll find it hard to believe. Bronze is a place where individual skill matters much more than teamwork, because even if you can create the plays and situations for your team to get ahead, the chances that anyone will recognize and use them are pretty slim.

Bronze is the only league where the rule of "limited trust" applies to your own teammates.

Also, statistically, the enemy should be getting no different type of players than you do. That means that if you're indeed as good as you think you are, you should be winning more matches than you're loosing.

And judging from the amount of complaints you're presenting, I can tell you that there's at least one thing you're doing wrong: Blaming everyone around you, even if they DO commit mistakes ;)

The enemy doesn't even have to fight you if you're too busy fighting yourselves. People get angry at teammates and start committing more and more mistakes, only because they want to prove "that guy" that they can "do it" and he's wrong. What results in overextending, poorly planned/executed tower dives, wrong calculations for engage commitment etc etc.

Someone makes a mistake? Shrug it off, tell them next time they'll do better for sure, if not this game then the another. Focusing on climbing the ladder at all costs blinds people's vision so much that they don't even try to analyze what's going wrong with THEIR game, because they believe they already should be in that Silver/Gold/Plat...

The lowest I was placed by my placement matches so far was Silver I. But it's not I never made mistakes myself. Do you know how I've learned to evade the enemy ganks? Or anticipate when I'm being baited? Because the answer isn't as complicated as it looks it would be:

I got ganked.

And I got baited.

And I could have prevented all of this if I used wards or tried to think ahead. The enemy has like 15-20% HP left, I'm 80+%, yet he's moving forward directly into range of my skills, and I'm sure he knows that. Doesn't it look suspicious?... Nope, I'll better back off. I'm ahead in farm, he WILL have to back off since I forced him out of lane. Why lose the advantage now due to a reckless, greedy decision?

LoL isn't a game where you rush forward and smack everyone in their faces. It's a game where patience and planning actually pays off, a lot.

• Brohoof 4

My season 4 placements were a nightmare (at least 7 games with a d/c or afk or extremely toxic flamer), and I got placed in bronze. The toxicity put me on tilt for a while, but then I proceeded to "/mute all" every game, and I focused on myself. Every time I made a mistake it was just blissful silence, and I continued to improve. I ended the season Gold 1.

If you're still looking to carry yourself out of bronze, I'd suggest watching high-elo streamers to help improve your gameplay. I learned a lot about champion mechanics, builds, and matchups by watching a bunch of streams ^^

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Anivia is the best champion  :yay:

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/1777935301/205606196?tab=overview

Edited by Drasamo